• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

(Formerly The last week…) NOW…COYFS!!!!!!!!

thfcsteff

Terry Dyson
It was, for me, a bad week.

Lost a good friend to a surprise cancer diagnosis (dead 24 hours later) and lost a good Spurs man/old Spurs friend on Friday.

The match on Saturday was a fulcrum point of all of it for me, and I freely admit that I found myself angrier at Spurs than I've felt for a long time.

My reactions to the likes of Vertonghen were absolutely over the top and very emotional, most likely compounded by the **** week. Not that I am changing the nature of my tune there, perhaps just the volume…

I have finally come to the conclusion that unless he is ready to get Joe Lewis to invest, and unless he is going to make sure our best players stay/we buy the best for the next manager, it is time for Daniel to sell. NOT to an oligarch or a shiekh - I don't want that! - but to someone with a strong plan who will stick with it! I genuinely, genuinely thought he had that with AVB, and was prepared to give AVB time and time again to let it grow. But Levy lost AVB and AVB lost himself, and we all lost Bale and suddenly it was sliding to tits up time; a massive massive issue, because Daniel had the place in shape on a 'model' and a 'plan' yet let it all slip away over a period of a year (word is the issues with AVB started a long while back - in which case his diligence when making the appt wasn't good enough!)...

Our problems started with the Bale sale. And whilst I don't think anyone could've foretold the season we have had, the way our signings have not panned out and the way two managers have each found such relative difficulties, what we can say is that right now, at this very moment, ALL our fingers are crossed HOPING that Daniel has a long-term plan in concrete and established, because to the naked eye, this ship looks very very rudderless.

I was happy that Sherwood said what he said, but happy as a supporter. As a professional, it was a form of self-inflicted injury which cannot possibly do him any good; the saving grace is he did not call any one player out. But I fear it could be a gamble which will backfire, given how this same squad reacted to AVB when he marginally suggested the same.

I am waiting to see where our warrior-leader is. Daws is a lovely man and a spirited captain, but who's going to be our galvanizer? Our yeller? our ****er? Our bastard? Our c unt? Because right now, we need one. And I hope whoever it is steps up before Thursday and again by Sunday.

I don't mind admitting that this is the most confusing, bizarre and frustratingly poor season in many years, one which is making me feel so old-school it hurts.

And my usual optimism, my usual abundance of 'we will come back fighting' is finding it hard to shine right now, because honestly, I don't see who's prepared to step up and make a difference.

I think this is far beyond whether Sherwood is 'right' or 'wrong' for the job. For me, it's pretty clear that he knew early on he was merely a well-paid custodian who will cash out on an 18 month deal come the summer,no, the problems started in the summer when we went into the season without a decent left-back and without a passing midfielder other than Eriksen.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Re: The last week...

Really sorry to read that mate. Four years ago my friend's Mum died after having cancer of the spine, spleen and liver, I had known her since I was 1 and she was like an aunt to me. May your friend rest in peace and my condolences.

As for Levy, I agree he's void of all criticism atm but the problem I see is that with the FFP rules approaching no one can invest like Roman did and on top of that I live in West Sussex surrounded by plenty of Pompey fans who will remind you that a new owner maybe worse.

Try listen to this podcast from e-spurs who talk to goal.com journo Greg Stobart when you can as it is 40 mins long. Stobart mainly covers Spurs and it's an interesting listen, I'm half way through it myself, he's talked about all soughts from Ramos to AVB and Broomfield to Van Gaal, even says at one point that we could've got Mourinho a couple years back. Sounds a bit biased towards Levy but doesn't cover him in glory, worth a listen over all.

http://www.spreaker.com/user/6608029/10-the-greg-stobart-interview

Edited: The guy asking questions sums up the frustrations very well, some may relate to it.

Take care mate and best advice, avoid Spurs entirely ;)

Last edited:

Really sorry to read that mate. Four years ago my friend's Mum died after having cancer of the spine, spleen and liver, I had known her since I was 1 and she was like an aunt to me. May your friend rest in peace and my condolences.

As for Levy, I agree he's void of all criticism atm but the problem I see is that with the FFP rules approaching no one can invest like Roman did and on top of that I live in West Sussex surrounded by plenty of Pompey fans who will remind you that a new owner maybe worse.

Try listen to this podcast from e-spurs who talk to goal.com journo Greg Stobart when you can as it is 40 mins long. Stobart mainly covers Spurs and it's an interesting listen, I'm half way through it myself, he's talked about all soughts from Ramos to AVB and Broomfield to Van Gaal, even says at one point that we could've got Mourinho a couple years back. Sounds a bit biased towards Levy but doesn't cover him in glory, worth a listen over all.

http://www.spreaker.com/user/6608029/10-the-greg-stobart-interview

Edited: The guy asking questions sums up the frustrations very well, some may relate to it.

Take care mate and best advice, avoid Spurs entirely ;)

Thanks very much mate…yes, I remember how close we were to Mourinho, had heard the same…and then we didn't make CL…I will listen for the empathetic qualities. Best, Steff

Sorry to hear your news.

I do keep coming back to - what is the alternative?

I don't see why Lewis would invest in us. He's nearly 80 and apparently doesn't even like football that much. He's an investor, not a philanthropist. I've heard his son has no interest in us either, though is daughter is supposed to be keener, so perhaps she will become more involved as he enters his dotage?

The clubs that have changed owners in recent years don't seem to have gone down better routes - two have won the lottery, most have had owners overstretch to acquire them and have made subsequent cutbacks to pay off their debts, some have had proper crooks, madmen (perhaps someone to turn us into 'Spurs Roosters' with a KFC liveried kit) or asset strippers take over.

If ENIC sell, I think the most likely move would be within the London Jewish community - like the transfer from Sugar. We'd probably end up with someone like Philip Green, who will actually have shallower pockets than ENIC.

I agree that the way to succeed is by implementing the Ajax/Porto/Dortmund/Swansea/Southampton model. We've got close to this a couple of times, but we've always lost our nerve and not backed it properly. We can succeed by being smarter than other clubs.

My faith at the moment is that Levy and the plan will get it right third time lucky. And at least Sherwood has only had 6 months in charge, so there hasn't been too much damage done - there's enough of the project still in place for a good man to quickly salvage.

Lost a good friend to a surprise cancer diagnosis (dead 24 hours later) and lost a good Spurs man/old Spurs friend on Friday.

The match on Saturday was a fulcrum point of all of it for me, and I freely admit that I found myself angrier at Spurs than I've felt for a long time.

My reactions to the likes of Vertonghen were absolutely over the top and very emotional, most likely compounded by the **** week. Not that I am changing the nature of my tune there, perhaps just the volume…

I have finally come to the conclusion that unless he is ready to get Joe Lewis to invest, and unless he is going to make sure our best players stay/we buy the best for the next manager, it is time for Daniel to sell. NOT to an oligarch or a shiekh - I don't want that! - but to someone with a strong plan who will stick with it! I genuinely, genuinely thought he had that with AVB, and was prepared to give AVB time and time again to let it grow. But Levy lost AVB and AVB lost himself, and we all lost Bale and suddenly it was sliding to tits up time; a massive massive issue, because Daniel had the place in shape on a 'model' and a 'plan' yet let it all slip away over a period of a year (word is the issues with AVB started a long while back - in which case his diligence when making the appt wasn't good enough!)...

Our problems started with the Bale sale. And whilst I don't think anyone could've foretold the season we have had, the way our signings have not panned out and the way two managers have each found such relative difficulties, what we can say is that right now, at this very moment, ALL our fingers are crossed HOPING that Daniel has a long-term plan in concrete and established, because to the naked eye, this ship looks very very rudderless.

I was happy that Sherwood said what he said, but happy as a supporter. As a professional, it was a form of self-inflicted injury which cannot possibly do him any good; the saving grace is he did not call any one player out. But I fear it could be a gamble which will backfire, given how this same squad reacted to AVB when he marginally suggested the same.

I am waiting to see where our warrior-leader is. Daws is a lovely man and a spirited captain, but who's going to be our galvanizer? Our yeller? our ****er? Our bastard? Our c unt? Because right now, we need one. And I hope whoever it is steps up before Thursday and again by Sunday.

I don't mind admitting that this is the most confusing, bizarre and frustratingly poor season in many years, one which is making me feel so old-school it hurts.

And my usual optimism, my usual abundance of 'we will come back fighting' is finding it hard to shine right now, because honestly, I don't see who's prepared to step up and make a difference.

I think this is far beyond whether Sherwood is 'right' or 'wrong' for the job. For me, it's pretty clear that he knew early on he was merely a well-paid custodian who will cash out on an 18 month deal come the summer,no, the problems started in the summer when we went into the season without a decent left-back and without a passing midfielder other than Eriksen.

Very sorry to hear this mate and my condolences on the loss of your friend. I have known what it is like whe a lifelong friend of mine ( we were born in the same nursing home six days apart) suddenly and unexpectedly succumbed to pancreatic cancer a few years back in his early 50s leaving a wife and two young daughters. Sad and hard times, which I really felt and feel for you now.

I think in a way we are all also "grieving" for Spurs at the moment. They have hardly provided us with any memorable laments this season and plenty of humiliation. The club just seems to be in a continuos cycle of bad luck and poor decisions,
throughout the entire structure. From the top right down to the bottom strata, our beloved club seems bedeviled at the moment - and for the last few years. We must have broken so many mirrors.........

The Chairman, Board, DoF, coaches, medical and fitness staff, and players are all culpable IMO. We must somehow work together to improve it. I agree with you that our squad is unbalanced. With so many players yet without a decent left back and Eriksen the only creative player in it, what were they thinking? £110m spent and largely back to the drawing board.

Oh well such is the life of a Spurs supporter . At least we still have life, and where there is life, there is hope for a brighter tomorrow .

Chin up, mate.

Sorry for your problems steff, like all on this board no matter how annoyned I get with any of you your family because you support Tottenham.

But no I do not feel the same as you, maybe because I am a cynical miserable c*nt who sees only the worst in people and the world. Tottenham is all our drugs and none of us will ever give it up, but it seems to me your only just figuring out your a junkie, where as I am sat on a piece of cardboard outside Tesco Express 3 sheets to the wind not giving a **** about anything.

We are and always will be destined to f*ck up, quit worrying and sit back and relax, the world is corrupt whether it is football where money rules or politics where the tories with the old school tie connections get ahead, or the labour ones who pretend to care but all have their hands in the trough. Short of going on a killing spree and killing the Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project owners and all the MP's there is nothing going to change it. (I have not ruled out said killing spree, to be frank I think it is how my own particular story will end)

Yes Steff, you are not alone.

Sorry to hear of your loss, just lost my Nan recently, although she was 100 so she had a good innings, it was coming, but even then it still hurts when it happens

I'm starting to get very disillusioned with everything about football but just hang in there because its so deep in the bloodstream now I cant let it go.
One of the reasons I stopped watching Warrington years back was that team just seemed to 'throw the towel in' when decisions didnt go their way. I thought to myself why should I pay out good money to watch when that happens.

Similar things have happened with Tottenham, but the difference for me is, in a way, I can sympathise (although I am not condoning it), when you see some of the diabolical/corrupt decisions that go against the team. Once again I am not saying its acceptable, but I could see why it happens, because I feel the same way sat watching it unfold

Your point about having a right c#nt in the team is spot on. I've said this for years we havent had a presence like that in the team for along while. We are just too nice for our own good soemtimes, never badgering the referee, stuff like that.
Davids and Palacios gave us a bit of bite in midfield, but they were nasty pieces of work, just hardman.

We certainly need more grit in that defence like a Graham Roberts and more bite in midfield like a Dave Mackay. A lot didnt like him (Harry did), but maybe we needed a Craig Bellamy upfront too

Sorry to hear your news.

I don't see why Lewis would invest in us. He's nearly 80 and apparently doesn't even like football that much. He's an investor, not a philanthropist. I've heard his son has no interest in us either, though is daughter is supposed to be keener, so perhaps she will become more involved as he enters his dotage?

The clubs that have changed owners in recent years don't seem to have gone down better routes - two have won the lottery, most have had owners overstretch to acquire them and have made subsequent cutbacks to pay off their debts, some have had proper crooks, madmen (perhaps someone to turn us into 'Spurs Roosters' with a KFC liveried kit) or asset strippers take over.

If ENIC sell, I think the most likely move would be within the London Jewish community - like the transfer from Sugar. We'd probably end up with someone like Philip Green, who will actually have shallower pockets than ENIC.

I agree that the way to succeed is by implementing the Ajax/Porto/Dortmund/Swansea/Southampton model. We've got close to this a couple of times, but we've always lost our nerve and not backed it properly. We can succeed by being smarter than other clubs.

My faith at the moment is that Levy and the plan will get it right third time lucky. And at least Sherwood has only had 6 months in charge, so there hasn't been too much damage done - there's enough of the project still in place for a good man to quickly salvage.

Actually a lot of sense in what was said there GB

- Spurs fans (not at you, and sorry Steff), need to accept that 6th is where our spend/income gets us, we have actually been overachieving, and that's accepting that spend does not always equal success.
- Our club is not in debt, not in danger, not run by people who want to change our name/colors/profit take.
- Levy/Lewis have tended to learn from their mistakes, slowly, but learn. TS I believe was one, but one potentially forced by AVB's decision to not really fight for his role.

Re the problems starting with LB issue, I disagree, the blend of the midfield is our biggest problem, and two inexperienced managers trying to both inspire and solve that has been the problem.

On the plus side, we probably need very little to make the team tick: two first team players (One winger with pace. One left back) plus one good back-up player: One back up centreback. We don't have to throw the baby out with the bathwater...and we certainly have a couple of midfielders who who can be sold.

Steff,
I'm sorry for your tough week and your personal losses. It seems that you and I had the pleasure of seeing the great 80's side and so that is the marker for Spurs at their recent best. I am by nature an optimist but this has been my lowest ebb for a long time, made lower by how close we have come in the previous two seasons to more CL football and a chance to replace the Goons in the top 4.

The game of football has turned into the business of football and it's pretty much every man for himself and it's out of our hands what happens to the club that chose us and that we love. All we can do is rant and relax and focus on the truly important things in life.

Sorry to hear your news.

A lot to think about there, and not much to disagree with…I like your faith in the chairman. I've had it for a long time but won't deny it's wavering in a major major way right now…deep breath...

Very sorry to hear this mate and my condolences on the loss of your friend. I have known what it is like whe a lifelong friend of mine ( we were born in the same nursing home six days apart) suddenly and unexpectedly succumbed to pancreatic cancer a few years back in his early 50s leaving a wife and two young daughters. Sad and hard times, which I really felt and feel for you now.

I think in a way we are all also "grieving" for Spurs at the moment. They have hardly provided us with any memorable laments this season and plenty of humiliation. The club just seems to be in a continuos cycle of bad luck and poor decisions,
throughout the entire structure. From the top right down to the bottom strata, our beloved club seems bedeviled at the moment - and for the last few years. We must have broken so many mirrors.........

The Chairman, Board, DoF, coaches, medical and fitness staff, and players are all culpable IMO. We must somehow work together to improve it. I agree with you that our squad is unbalanced. With so many players yet without a decent left back and Eriksen the only creative player in it, what were they thinking? £110m spent and largely back to the drawing board.

Oh well such is the life of a Spurs supporter . At least we still have life, and where there is life, there is hope for a brighter tomorrow .

Chin up, mate.

Thanks matey, appreciated. Yes…it's a disease that has lurked in my circumference more than I'd ever care…I agree on the grieving point, I feel that way (well, felt strongly on Saturday, thankfully it's passing)…

Chin up indeed...

Sorry for your problems steff, like all on this board no matter how annoyned I get with any of you your family because you support Tottenham.

But no I do not feel the same as you, maybe because I am a cynical miserable c*nt who sees only the worst in people and the world. Tottenham is all our drugs and none of us will ever give it up, but it seems to me your only just figuring out your a junkie, where as I am sat on a piece of cardboard outside Tesco Express 3 sheets to the wind not giving a **** about anything.

We are and always will be destined to f*ck up, quit worrying and sit back and relax, the world is corrupt whether it is football where money rules or politics where the tories with the old school tie connections get ahead, or the labour ones who pretend to care but all have their hands in the trough. Short of going on a killing spree and killing the Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project owners and all the MP's there is nothing going to change it. (I have not ruled out said killing spree, to be frank I think it is how my own particular story will end)

Thanks, and have to say Chich, I had a laugh at this because yes, there is a fair degree of truth to it. i think more than ever it's the 'Peter Cook' of it which is getting to me…let's either do it or not bother y'know?

Yes mate, we are all Spurs and that does trump all.

Paxton, Raziel, 90…, Lurker…cheers lads, lots of common sense, appreciated...

Great post chich. We are all Spurs, it's a family, and while I hate most of you, I also love most of you. COYS!

Let's hope we are surprised with a week of glory after some absolute ******** recently

Paxton, Raziel, 90…, Lurker…cheers lads, lots of common sense, appreciated...

I'm sorry for your loss steff. as for the thing about Levi, short of an Abramovic type owner I really don see how we can do better, especially when viewed from the perspective of where we were when Enic took over to where we are now.

The Sugar years still make me shudder, and he came in when we finished 3rd I believe ..., I think that was the last time we finished above arsenal as well.

Steff first off condolences for your recent losses.

your posts have always moved me and your positivity has always been greatly appreciated by me on this board.

What can I say....well a week is a long time in football for a start. Please dont lose the faith if we lose your boundless optimism we really are in the sh*tter!

In reality we have a lot of very decent jigsaw pieces that if put together correctly could paint quite a pretty picture. we can cast off players as flops but the reality might be the same as it was with Modric where we need a little longer for the individual to adjust and come good. Yes its a mantra for us but there is always another season...another chance for Levy to give us some proper direction...a chance for us as a club to rediscover our soul.

At the minute it feels like hell but we may be overreacting...regardless dont change what you are...I hope to share future Spurs triumphs or failures with you because you are a proper fan and talk proper sense.

This is when we need to stick together and remain strong...supporting spurs is highs and lows and sharing that with you is a pleasure. We all feel like we are losing faith sometimes but good times could be just around the corner.

Stick with it steff and change nothing about who you are...I expect you back to yourself from next week young man.....of course decent results will help:) if not we can both lose the plot together.....

VIVA LA SPURS!

Sorry to hear about your losses mate, It's hard to know what to say when things like this happen especially to someone you don't know.
I suppose all I can say is, after lurking on here for years, it was your positivity when everything was doom and gloom on the board, that made me finally decide to start posting.
I'm normally the knee jerk temperamental type charecter but fcuk it here goes
Spurs will stuff Benfica, the scum will get an absolute hammering tonight and will be sitting ducks for a Ade hatrick, cazorla and Ozil will both be sent off for fighting with each other and refuse to play together ever again! Spurs will go unbeaten the rest of the season, Chelsea will win the title only to be stripped of it for financial improprieties, handing us the CL spot and the stadium will be finished by August as Levy invokes a hitherto unknown law forcing Woolwich fans to work as slave labour.
Ok I've gone too far now, but chin up, atleast your not a goon.

Sorry to hear about your losses mate, It's hard to know what to say when things like this happen especially to someone you don't know.
I suppose all I can say is, after lurking on here for years, it was your positivity when everything was doom and gloom on the board, that made me finally decide to start posting.
I'm normally the knee jerk temperamental type charecter but fcuk it here goes
Spurs will stuff Benfica, the scum will get an absolute hammering tonight and will be sitting ducks for a Ade hatrick, cazorla and Ozil will both be sent off for fighting with each other and refuse to play together ever again! Spurs will go unbeaten the rest of the season, Chelsea will win the title only to be stripped of it for financial improprieties, handing us the CL spot and the stadium will be finished by August as Levy invokes a hitherto unknown law forcing Woolwich fans to work as slave labour.
Ok I've gone too far now, but chin up, atleast your not a goon.

Right. That's it. I am now convinced its time to stop moping and believe! You're right mate... Must get positive again.

Back