• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football and money

when the liverpool fans had the walk out last season, it could have been the catalyst for some big changes in football as a whole. unfortunately football fans lack the strength to not watch football for any extended period of time.

when the liverpool fans had the walk out last season, it could have been the catalyst for some big changes in football as a whole. unfortunately football fans lack the strength to not watch football for any extended period of time.

Exactly this, for me you have to look at how much sport wants change and what is lip service.

Kick it out is a useless entity if Suarez and Vardy are allowed to thrive in the game due to their value as a player for example. Again how much to we value whats right in the game against what have a perceived value? Suarez bite three players and was allowed to come back into the game like nothing had happened, because Liverpool would not make an example of their best players and Liverpool fans would not have turned their back on him either.

Exactly this, for me you have to look at how much sport wants change and what is lip service.

Kick it out is a useless entity if Suarez and Vardy are allowed to thrive in the game due to their value as a player for example. Again how much to we value whats right in the game against what have a perceived value? Suarez bite three players and was allowed to come back into the game like nothing had happened, because Liverpool would not make an example of their best players and Liverpool fans would not have turned their back on him either.

To be fair, given that the game is now broadcast around the world, racism is much less prevalent (and is simply far more unacceptable) at every club across Europe (*including* Millwall and Lazio). Money talks - that doesn't always have to be a negative, as in this case.

Don't think it yet speaks loud enough to force clubs to jettison people like Vardy, Terry or Suarez - there, I think there will always be that barrier of tribal loyalty to a club's player from that club's fans. Even when those fans are an ethnic minority - I'm incredibly proud of the fact that Spurs stood up to racism and anti-semitism long before other clubs did, but there's always a dark question lurking in my mind that asks what I would do if one of our players racially abused someone else. I'm not sure I want to answer that question...but it's probably why clubs can still keep their high-performing assets even when they do or say bigoted things in a (largely) sanitized sporting age.

Wonder if there's a similar table for wages... as I suspect that Chavski or ManU would top that...

C45TScrWEAAXOek.jpg

Last edited:

Not quite true is it? Suarez was given an extended ban, he never really played I'm England again after the last incident. I thought the football authorities handled it very well. No system is perfect and I would prefer that players are rehabilitated back into their team than given a lifetime ban (except) for the most serious offences.

Again "kick it out" have done a reasonable job in my opinion. They have done well to raise the profile of racism.

Again "kick it out" have done a reasonable job in my opinion. They have done well to raise the profile of racism.

You are missing my point, if a player makes a racist remark and he is not sacked then are the clubs supporting the term "Kick it out"

If a fan makes one comment on the terraces he is up for a life ban to watch games, Vardy gets let of ans even gets a new deal.

Thats why I say, how serious are we to kicking it out or are we just playing lip service.

Suarez also made racist comments

Money over integrity

“We do have to examine new mechanisms like luxury taxes and, in particular, sporting criteria like squad limitations and fair transfer rules, to avoid player hoarding and excessive concentration of talent within a few teams,” Ceferin said at a conference in Lisbon.

We do need to assess whether the transfer market as it operates today is the best we can do. We cannot be afraid to touch it.”

Ceferin did not elaborate on what “luxury taxes” might mean in practice but said Uefa could work with Fifa to change the transfer market or do so via its own licensing regulations.

Referring to the difference between the biggest clubs and the rest, he said: “We cannot allow the greatness of some to overshadow and drown out the least of us.

“If we allow gaps to become too great, we will be neglecting those who have little opportunity.

“We face a threat that the bottom becomes unstable because the rest of the world is focused on the top.”

The 49-year-old did not offer any concrete proposals as to how this could be done, saying instead that Uefa needed to “assess and understand the current situation and some potential trends”.

He added: “Uefa has a duty to protect the whole of football and not just the elite.”

A month before Ceferin’s election, Uefa announced changes to the Champions League competition, giving more places to teams from Europe football’s four biggest nations – England, Spain, Germany and Italy – and cutting those allocated to the rest.

Ceferin did not specifically refer to this in his speech but, quizzed afterwards, said he also recognised the importance of the biggest leagues.

“You cannot ignore the fact that the big five countries bring 86 per cent of revenues and take 60 per cent of revenues, so you have to be diplomatic, you have to be clever,” he said.

He added Uefa would set up a new division entitled “Protection of the Game” and would soon have an “army” of people to tackle doping, corruption violence and match-fixing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ng-squad-sizes-imposing-luxury-taxes-richest/

Could not agree more, i have said many times over the last decade that if a bored billionaire or similar took over our club that would be it for me. Chelski and City may be the envy for some fans but i hope it never happens here.

Yeh 100%, if we turned into Emirates Marketing Project and went through 3 squads in 3 years and managers moaning they don't have the resources like every manager they have had that will be me done with Spurs 100%. How Mourinho and Pep can go on tele saying they don't have the players or the squads and keep a straight face makes me laugh so much.

If that was one of our gaffers I Would cringe

index.php

This is a club that claims to have a higher match day income than us.

This is what I mean when I say that "doing it the right way" is a crock of sh1t. Better the money men subsidise the fans (Emirates Marketing Project) than the fans subsidise the money men (Arsenal). A Emirates Marketing Project fan could take his two young kids to that game and it costs £30 for the 3 of them. And this is a bad thing?

Ideally, all the money would go out of the game but until it does, I'd rather someone rich was paying in and the match-going fans get a better deal.

To be fair, given that the game is now broadcast around the world, racism is much less prevalent (and is simply far more unacceptable) at every club across Europe (*including* Millwall and Lazio). Money talks - that doesn't always have to be a negative, as in this case.

Don't think it yet speaks loud enough to force clubs to jettison people like Vardy, Terry or Suarez - there, I think there will always be that barrier of tribal loyalty to a club's player from that club's fans. Even when those fans are an ethnic minority - I'm incredibly proud of the fact that Spurs stood up to racism and anti-semitism long before other clubs did, but there's always a dark question lurking in my mind that asks what I would do if one of our players racially abused someone else. I'm not sure I want to answer that question...but it's probably why clubs can still keep their high-performing assets even when they do or say bigoted things in a (largely) sanitized sporting age.
Yet I keep reading stories from Italy and Spain that racism is rife - wasn't it Sully Muntari (?) who got red carded by complaining to the ref about being racially abused by the fans ?? crazy stuff

Back