• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2018/19

As an occasional visitor to the old Lane, I’m looking now at what my options might be to get to a few games as and when, now the new place is open.

Am I right in thinking the only (legitimate) way a casual attendee can gain access nowadays is by purchasing a “One Hotspur” or “One Hotspur Plus” membership at £43 - £48 per season per person?
Then that gives me the ability to ‘get in the queue’ for when tickets go on general sale?

Also looking at away games (as I live in Leicester). Thanks.

As an occasional visitor to the old Lane, I’m looking now at what my options might be to get to a few games as and when, now the new place is open.

Am I right in thinking the only (legitimate) way a casual attendee can gain access nowadays is by purchasing a “One Hotspur” or “One Hotspur Plus” membership at £43 - £48 per season per person?
Then that gives me the ability to ‘get in the queue’ for when tickets go on general sale?

Also looking at away games (as I live in Leicester). Thanks.
Away games....hahahahahahaha forget that one.

Being a member will give you a 'chance' of a home ticket when the 7k approx go on sale BUT more importantly gives you a chance if bagging one on the exchange when an ST cant go.

Any seasoned exchange users have an idea of when people tend to give up hope of attending or passing their ticket to a mate, and chuck it on the exchange? I was successful on the day a couple of times, but that won't be an option next week. Seems a bit pointless to keep hitting it today.

Away games....hahahahahahaha forget that one.

Being a member will give you a 'chance' of a home ticket when the 7k approx go on sale BUT more importantly gives you a chance if bagging one on the exchange when an ST cant go.
Thanks mate. And if I pay the £48 now, is that just for the remaining few games this year then?

I think the ticket exchange does seem the most likely route! Not expecting miracles as I know demand will be high for a good while at least.

I’d got quite good at bagging the midweek league cup and europa games when I was working in London and had a free hotel already sorted.

Last time I actually went was Gillingham (Marcus Edwards game)! I also got a couple for stoke away midweek in the League Cup. Awful games. Went to pens after 0-0 ET draw and we lost. Gomes, Modic and Tom Carroll. What a night haha.

How come away is so difficult now? Living north they would sense if I could get on them.

Any seasoned exchange users have an idea of when people tend to give up hope of attending or passing their ticket to a mate, and chuck it on the exchange? I was successful on the day a couple of times, but that won't be an option next week. Seems a bit pointless to keep hitting it today.
Why won’t that be an option?

Wage-slavery.
Oh got you! It’s not a world wide thing you mean! Just personal cash flow?

I don’t think it’s worth me paying £48 for one hotspot now, when there’s only 10 games left, half of which I can’t make, and a lot are lunchtime Saturdays kick off etc!

Oh got you! It’s not a world wide thing you mean! Just personal cash flow?

I don’t think it’s worth me paying £48 for one hotspot now, when there’s only 10 games left, half of which I can’t make, and a lot are lunchtime Saturdays kick off etc!

Not world-wide, but not so much cash flow as the insane volume of work I've got on now.

I'll be eating coffee from the jar for most of Tuesday, attending multiple simultaneous meetings while rewriting other people's brick copy and devising baroque truth-concealing spreadsheets. So I can't really justify the time spent refreshing the exchange and complaining that "unfortunately the number of seats selected is not available together in this area" is a pretty daft response to a request for a single ticket. Not when there's so little chance of it working.

And yes, £48 for the tiny chance of coming up lucky on the wheel of death or the exchange, for maybe five games, would be ludicrous.

Back