• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2018/19

]
Unless you're in the top bracket of loyalty points there's no point in applying for most games any more.

I would agree. I think they badly need to look at potentially restructuring the way they award away tickets. Thats why I would be in favour of members having a ballot for 10/15% of them because otherwise I don't know what benefit being a member brings otherwise. They need some incentive outside of being able to buy a ticket for a home match in a window, in my opinion anyway.

Well if it isn't going to members, of course there won't an increase in applications, they don't get to apply.

Members still apply in the forlorn hope but they stated on average they didn't see a dramatic rise after the cap but it did rise and like someone said it could be to do with harvesting the points. A £30 ticket away to Saudi Sportswashing Machine is pretty easy to shift if you have no intention of going but if it was £55 you might think twice about applying in case you can't shift the ticket. I don't have any data but I think the £30 cap has been detrimental to the normal spread of away tickets and it is now going purely to the top 2-3k all the time.

Members still apply in the forlorn hope but they stated on average they didn't see a dramatic rise after the cap but it did rise and like someone said it could be to do with harvesting the points. A £30 ticket away to Saudi Sportswashing Machine is pretty easy to shift if you have no intention of going but if it was £55 you might think twice about applying in case you can't shift the ticket. I don't have any data but I think the £30 cap has been detrimental to the normal spread of away tickets and it is now going purely to the top 2-3k all the time.

I don’t think members even get a chance to apply now, at least not in the first phase. Applications are open to STs only. In the event of the allocation not being sold out, it then goes to members - but it’s very rare that happens.

I agree that there should be a proportion made available to members. I don’t personally see why there should be a link between season ticket ownership and eligibility for away games.
But the trust will not support that, as they favour ST holders and if the club did it unilaterally they would probably face uproar from ST holders.

I don’t think members even get a chance to apply now, at least not in the first phase. Applications are open to STs only. In the event of the allocation not being sold out, it then goes to members - but it’s very rare that happens.

I agree that there should be a proportion made available to members. I don’t personally see why there should be a link between season ticket ownership and eligibility for away games.
But the trust will not support that, as they favour ST holders and if the club did it unilaterally they would probably face uproar from ST holders.

In my last season of being a member you could apply altogether but whoever had the points as a ST got them first and then it filtered down.

I don't see why either but the argument that certainly one person here favours is that they are a ST holder and pay their money up front and therefore should have more rights. I don't totally disagree but I think its unfair to ostracise someone on the basis that they are down the ST list when they could perhaps pay their money up front if they were offered a ST too. I think its another area the trust could improve on as well, looking after members.

Unless you're in the top bracket of loyalty points there's no point in applying for most games any more.
Ive had an ST for 20 years and have gone to away games regularly in that time
Recently I just don’t get a sniff of away tickets, it’s got almost impossible

Ive had an ST for 20 years and have gone to away games regularly in that time
Recently I just don’t get a sniff of away tickets, it’s got almost impossible

My main issue is not really that the same people get the tickets every time, but that some of them don't attend and even sell it on for profit.

Talking of members not being able to get away tickets....

That's because it's a brickhole. Be prepared to watch the game from the gods, behind netting and a scratched perspex screen. Ridiculously small toilet facilities, so that people just tinkle anywhere - the massive spiral ramp leading up to the away end, is also a cascade of urine coming back down from supporters tinkling on the ramp. Lovely.
Also, Italian police are the worst. They'll tell you they will keep you behind 45 minutes after the match, but it will end up being a lot longer.

That's because it's a brickhole. Be prepared to watch the game from the gods, behind netting and a scratched perspex screen. Ridiculously small toilet facilities, so that people just tinkle anywhere - the massive spiral ramp leading up to the away end, is also a cascade of urine coming back down from supporters tinkling on the ramp. Lovely.
Also, Italian police are the worst. They'll tell you they will keep you behind 45 minutes after the match, but it will end up being a lot longer.

You sell it so well!
And there was I ruing being away during September and missing out.

ST holders also deliberately buy the away tickets to keep their LPs up with no intention of going and then sell them on twitter.
Its all a side-effect of the £30 cap. I've gone from being a member who could get tickets to most away games with a decent LP total to one who is seeing his points disappear with little chance of getting them back up again.
Having to use twitter as a necessary evil to get away tickets now.

Exactly the same here. From being in the Top 200 of the members points tabel we are slipping further back by the season

I'm not a fan of Italy for football, had dramas in Turin in February and the Police are so over the top, they maintain order like its pre heysel. Just a pain in the arse all round tbh. I found Milan and Turin pretty underwhelming as cities and quite run down for a european city

Have been successful with a ticket for Inter Milan away, torn whether to plan a trip to Milan or to reject the ticket...

Have been successful with a ticket for Inter Milan away, torn whether to plan a trip to Milan or to reject the ticket...

Milan was fine when I went mate
Is not a pretty place and the stadium was more archaic than WHL was
The police when we went were professional and actually protected us from the Italians who are pretty scummy

On the subject of members have membership for away games I would say membership is for being a member at spurs and for home games now

Someone said what’s the benefit and simply put its the only way you will get tickets athe the new ground

Exactly! There shouldn't be! The season ticket is for a seat in the stadium for home games. It's a fudging disgrace that only the same 3k people can go to away games all the time.

My main issue is not really that the same people get the tickets every time, but that some of them don't attend and even sell it on for profit.

And that is 100% my problem with it all.

Personally I full accept the pecking order. I dont have a ST and know full well not taking up the option only gives me the minutest chance of a ticket. But what pees me off is seeing not just the odd seat (that will always be the case), it is seeing an abundance of empty seats at certain (not all) awaydays

Back