• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2017/18

There are people who cannot afford going to football matches though because tickets are too expensive, people who simply cannot prioritise luxuries like that because they have enough on their plate paying bills for the necessaties. I believe that ticket prices should be at a level that makes it possible for just about everyone to go regurlarly. I don't think that is the case now. I am not talking about the ones who choose other activities or to spend their money on other things. It's ridiculously expensive to be a football fan and go to matches. It's used to be the game of the working class, but now the working class is being increasingly excluded from it.

Spot on.

There was a time we could afford to go 20/25 matches a season, but those times are gone now. Ticket prices/hotels/travel costs are rising more than my wage packet, so as each season goes by that number is reducing
Although the 'closed shop' of away tickets for members means we could spend more on going to home matches

But football is important. The other stuff you mention is all flimflam ;)

I do see your point, but I think it's a great shame that everyone cannot enjoy going to football matches. And it could be sorted if the desire is there amongst enough people, even if you clearly aren't one of them. And there is the problem. Those who have don't care about those who have not.

But as i said that goes for everything in life, i do not disagree with a lot of what you are saying but the difference is that you seem to be making a point about football being overpriced where i think compered to most things ( leisure and pleasure etc) i believe football is priced better. I spend over a grand on my ST and at this moment i think its good value, my mate spends sheds load more on eating out which to me is a waste of money ( as the great Will Self said, what is food but brick waiting to happen) but its down to the individual and whatever they consider is a priorty to them.

So my current situation is: I haven't opted out....but I have no card details saved. So in theory I wont make an auto purchase of tickets. But does this mean I can go on and make an ad-hoc package purchase in a day or 2 if I so wish?

So my current situation is: I haven't opted out....but I have no card details saved. So in theory I wont make an auto purchase of tickets. But does this mean I can go on and make an ad-hoc package purchase in a day or 2 if I so wish?

I hope so as that's the exact position that I'm in.

Does the system not have a value for 'not signed up'?.

I find the whole OS & TicketMaster system to be atrociously designed. As for a glossary of terms, and constant variation in terminology for the same thing and you just get people wondering WTF is going on ..... apart from money pouring into the Club coffers.

Well I thought that £95 was coming out of my account today for my 3 CL games, nope £31 has come out WTF !!

Just logged in and I have loyalty points up now !!

Down to 291 from 330 last year, with that means no chance of an Arsenal or West Ham ticket now

up to 465 points wise now and just saw the £31 payment too - assuming they take it out per game as the payment is referenced as CL Game 1, though 3 x £31 leaves it a couple of quid short :confused:

Nothing showing on my Spurs account for CL, but I'm in the cup scheme and haven't opted out. Nowt gone from the bank thus far.

Only today they've reduced LPs, but haven't given me anything for Sunday's match.

-317 points, leaves me on 25 points, but as expected having gone from Bronze to ST holder.

No money deducted from my bank and haven't opted out.

Also has anyone got the option to use TX for Burnley, I can't go as at Reading Festival and would like to offer my seat in Club Wembley

-317 points, leaves me on 25 points, but as expected having gone from Bronze to ST holder.

No money deducted from my bank and haven't opted out.

Also has anyone got the option to use TX for Burnley, I can't go as at Reading Festival and would like to offer my seat in Club Wembley

The Ticket Exchange was only opened up for the Chelsea game last Thursday, so guess they'll do the same for Burnley.

given that they are selling cl packages on thurs until 5pm to members i would expect the ticket exchange to only open after that.

Ok who wants to walk me through the loyalty points situation? Previously a bronze, now a season ticket silver. My account says -75 and I have a balance of 25.

Thanks

Ok who wants to walk me through the loyalty points situation? Previously a bronze, now a season ticket silver. My account says -75 and I have a balance of 25.

Thanks

The -75 is removing all the points you had accumulated as a Bronze member.
As a ST holder you start on a new LP scheme. The 25 points are what you get for signing up for a ST.

So all new season ticket holders start on 25? As that's what I'm on now, having lost all my other loyalty points. So getting tickets for away games might be a nightmare.

So all new season ticket holders start on 25? As that's what I'm on now, having lost all my other loyalty points. So getting tickets for away games might be a nightmare.

It will be impossible, unless we are away to Sunderland on a Monday night.
But that was the same in any case for members last season.
At least as a ST holder you will always be ahead of members in the queue. 25 ST LPs beats 500 Member LPs.

Back