• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2017/18

If it says on the site that I have not opted out of the Cup scheme does this mean that I have opted in? And that payment will be automatically collected. I'm unsure how this works as my first time with season ticket. Thank you.
Yes mate, you are automatically put into it, the only way to come out of it is to ring the T.O or to change one of the numbers of your credit/debit card on the site

They don't have my card details, so guess that means the ticket just won't go through. Payday on Wednesday, and so this comes one day early at back end of a hectic financial month.

We are simply cash cows, so much of the good will and good feeling from the past 2 years has gone this summer, they are taking the tinkle
True. The prices for the Champions League last season were actually decent though.

Apart from that I agree that football fans in general (nor just Spurs fans) are indeed treated like cash cows. Ticket prices, prices for television packages, it seems like they want to make it as difficult as possible for people to watch football. And of course, there are many who can't afford to buy tickets or watch football on tv anymore. It's no longer the people's game, that's for sure.

The football authorities take the fans for granted, but as long as enough people still buy, it won't change. The only way we can have a change, is if football fans collectively stop buying tickets and television packages. Then they would simply have to lower the prices cause there would be no business without fans. It's quite simple really, but fans would have to unify and show solidarity regardless of their own financial situation. I can't see it happening anytime soon, but I would love it if it did.

It's £95 for the 3 games for my seat, cheap really but we don't actually know who we are getting until Thursday

It's £95 for the 3 games for my seat, cheap really but we don't actually know who we are getting until Thursday

Would be near £200 for mine. That's the problem. £1500 season ticket isn't a true reflection of my finances to be honest, but an opportunity that I couldn't turn down. Will be interesting to see the draw.

Would be near £200 for mine. That's the problem. £1500 season ticket isn't a true reflection of my finances to be honest, but an opportunity that I couldn't turn down. Will be interesting to see the draw.
£170 for mine but it might be the only opportunity I get to be a season ticket holder; plus Wembley is about an hour closer to my house, which makes for a less horrendous journey home after energy sapping results like yesterday.

We are getting the absolute group of death this time and it will be amazing !!

I reckon Bayern and Barca !!
Hopefully we get at least one of the continental giants in our group this season and produce a memorable upset like back in 2010.

Yes mate, you are automatically put into it, the only way to come out of it is to ring the T.O or to change one of the numbers of your credit/debit card on the site

Really? I thought you had to opt IN. I'd better take a look at my account, and more importantly my nephew's as he is never going to get to a weekday game.

EDIT : it seems ok. I don't have a card registered so they can't take any money

Last edited:
Really? I thought you had to opt IN. I'd better take a look at my account, and more importantly my nephew's as he is never going to get to a weekday game.

EDIT : it seems ok. I don't have a card registered so they can't take any money
I wasn't IN last year but seem to be this year as per my screengrab above

Why more expensive this season? Last year it was our first season in the Champions League for several seasons and some people would have been excited about it being at Wembley. We lost the matches that counted, the atmosphere was rubbish, it's now less exciting because we already did it last season, so they decide to make it more expensive.

Not many things go down in price in todays world so i do/did not expect the prices not to go up. Pays yer money and takes you choice.

True. The prices for the Champions League last season were actually decent though.

Apart from that I agree that football fans in general (nor just Spurs fans) are indeed treated like cash cows. Ticket prices, prices for television packages, it seems like they want to make it as difficult as possible for people to watch football. And of course, there are many who can't afford to buy tickets or watch football on tv anymore. It's no longer the people's game, that's for sure.

The football authorities take the fans for granted, but as long as enough people still buy, it won't change. The only way we can have a change, is if football fans collectively stop buying tickets and television packages. Then they would simply have to lower the prices cause there would be no business without fans. It's quite simple really, but fans would have to unify and show solidarity regardless of their own financial situation. I can't see it happening anytime soon, but I would love it if it did.

I do agree about the television prices and i blame Sky and the like for killing what used to be the greatest game in the world with their total disregard for the traveling supporter. However as for paying more for tickets i tend to disagree, you get to see a live game ( which is better then anything you see from a armchair) and like everything in life prices ALWAYS go up.

No one forces me to buy my season ticket and its all about choice where we/us spend our money, as for fans staying away in protest about ticket prices from the thing they love doing it will not happen and nor should it ( imo). you touch yourself and takes your choice, i have friends who spend absolute fortunes on the latest phones, eurodance records, going out to eat at overpriced over rated nose bag places, etc, etc . i do not see many suggesting that these things should be boycottedso why should football be any different?

I do agree about the television prices and i blame Sky and the like for killing what used to be the greatest game in the world with their total disregard for the traveling supporter. However as for paying more for tickets i tend to disagree, you get to see a live game ( which is better then anything you see from a armchair) and like everything in life prices ALWAYS go up.

No one forces me to buy my season ticket and its all about choice where we/us spend our money, as for fans staying away in protest about ticket prices from the thing they love doing it will not happen and nor should it ( imo). you touch yourself and takes your choice, i have friends who spend absolute fortunes on the latest phones, eurodance records, going out to eat at overpriced over rated nose bag places, etc, etc . i do not see many suggesting that these things should be boycottedso why should football be any different?
There are people who cannot afford going to football matches though because tickets are too expensive, people who simply cannot prioritise luxuries like that because they have enough on their plate paying bills for the necessaties. I believe that ticket prices should be at a level that makes it possible for just about everyone to go regurlarly. I don't think that is the case now. I am not talking about the ones who choose other activities or to spend their money on other things. It's ridiculously expensive to be a football fan and go to matches. It's used to be the game of the working class, but now the working class is being increasingly excluded from it.

We will definitely get a better draw (in terms of prestige of teams we'll play) this season, in fact looking at the likely pots we could be left with a pretty scary draw.

There are people who cannot afford going to football matches though because tickets are too expensive, people who simply cannot prioritise luxuries like that because they have enough on their plate paying bills for the necessaties. I believe that ticket prices should be at a level that makes it possible for just about everyone to go regurlarly. I don't think that is the case now. I am not talking about the ones who choose other activities or to spend their money on other things. It's ridiculously expensive to be a footbal fan and go to matches. It's used to be the game of the working class, but now the working class is being inceasingly excluded from it.

I can agree with the fact that some fans are being priced out of being able to go to matches, however like i said that could apply to most things in todays world. What about those who can not afford to buy the things they want ie the latest boys toy, the all singing and dancing phones, be able to go out and spend loads of money eating at the latest nose bag place, buying the latest TV that has bells and whistles on it. etc, etc should we all protest about the crazy prices we/they have to pay for them.?

In all honesty it will not happen as clubs still sell out, phones still get dearer, eurodance records increase in price its all about what you want, as i said you touch yourself or takes you choice on everything we do for our leisure.

I can agree with the fact that some fans are being priced out of being able to go to matches, however like i said that could apply to most things in todays world. What about those who can not afford to buy the things they want ie the latest boys toy, the all singing and dancing phones, be able to go out and spend loads of money eating at the latest nose bag place, buying the latest TV that has bells and whistles on it. etc, etc should we all protest about the crazy prices we/they have to pay for them.?

In all honesty it will not happen as clubs still sell out, phones still get dearer, eurodance records increase in price its all about what you want, as i said you touch yourself or takes you choice on everything we do for our leisure.
But football is important. The other stuff you mention is all flimflam ;)

I do see your point, but I think it's a great shame that everyone cannot enjoy going to football matches. And it could be sorted if the desire is there amongst enough people, even if you clearly aren't one of them. And there is the problem. Those who have don't care about those who have not.

But football is important. The other stuff you mention is all flimflam ;)

I do see your point, but I think it's a great shame that everyone cannot enjoy going to football matches. And it could be sorted if the desire is there amongst enough, even if you clearly aren't one of them. And there is the problem.
b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t becames flimflam... interesting.

Back