• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2017/18

I need TP for my bunghole, we have to play each team twice and it matters not what order they come in.

Oh GHod not this view again!! I couldn't disagree more!! Let me give you an example...

Team A, say Everton for example, are given a rough run of fixtures against some top teams for the opening 6 games. They fail to win any which seems understandable on paper, but then they go into an away game against, say, Leicester who themselves have had a nice tidy opening 6 games and are sitting pretty in the top 5 of table by the time they meet.
Everton now travel to a very confident Leicester looking at the fixture and current form of both, and might well be happy to come away with a point in the circumstances. Leicester however are likely to go for 3 points in high spirits and already having a good points total in the bag.

If the roles were reversed however, Leicester might play a more defensive game and be happy to take a draw against an in-form, high flying Everton.

Basically, give a team a kind run of fixtures and they have greater chance of putting some form together. Which changes the mentality entirely when they then come up against a "bigger side".

Oh GHod not this view again!! I couldn't disagree more!! Let me give you an example...

Team A, say Everton for example, are given a rough run of fixtures against some top teams for the opening 6 games. They fail to win any which seems understandable on paper, but then they go into an away game against, say, Leicester who themselves have had a nice tidy opening 6 games and are sitting pretty in the top 5 of table by the time they meet.
Everton now travel to a very confident Leicester looking at the fixture and current form of both, and might well be happy to come away with a point in the circumstances. Leicester however are likely to go for 3 points in high spirits and already having a good points total in the bag.

If the roles were reversed however, Leicester might play a more defensive game and be happy to take a draw against an in-form, high flying Everton.

Basically, give a team a kind run of fixtures and they have greater chance of putting some form together. Which changes the mentality entirely when they then come up against a "bigger side".

A lot of ifs and buts in that mate, we play ALL teams twice and it matters little when or how them games fall. If we are good enough to beat most teams we will nothing to do with when we play them. But i understand that some fans ( not saying you) have to suggest that we are treated more harshly by the FA, Refs, bent keepers, linesmen, and uncle tom Cobbly and all.

I need TP for my bunghole, we have to play each team twice and it matters not what order they come in.

I know what you are saying, but it definitely does help if you can start with a set of easier fixtures to build momentum. Looks like we will be playing catch up again after the first few weeks

A lot of ifs and buts in that mate, we play ALL teams twice and it matters little when or how them games fall. If we are good enough to beat most teams we will nothing to do with when we play them. But i understand that some fans ( not saying you) have to suggest that we are treated more harshly by the FA, Refs, bent keepers, linesmen, and uncle tom Cobbly and all.

The way the FA, refs etc treat us doesn't really bother me tbh. But I do think that form plays a massive part in how you approach a game, and that form is largely mustered up through a run of kind fixtures - especially for those teams not considered a "top 6 team". But even for us for example, if we were on a crap run and then went away at an in form Arsenal, we might take a point. But if we're on an unbeaten run and they're off the back of 3 losses, then only getting a point might well seem a wasted opportunity.

Fixtures = Form = Team Mentality

From BBC:

Posted at 10:27

An early issue with Tottenham's Wembley fixture list, their home match with Burnley on 26 August is on the same day as the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final. The club say there are in discussion with the Clarets over an alternative date.

Pathetic organisation. The RL final has been that weekend for years now, how the FA dont know that is beyond me

Thinking about this Burnley match a little more. I suppose we could always play it on the Monday, as it is a Bank Holiday. Gives them plenty of time to change the posts, etc:
Although the pitch might need some TLC

And yes, getting a promoted team as your opener might seem to be a kind start. But let's be honest, out of six options of Brighton home or away, Hudd home or away, or Newc home or away...we got the worst one.

Infant, i'd sooner begin away at any of Stoke, WBA, Watford, Southampton, Burnley, Bournemouth as opposed to Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Could the Burnley fixture just be moved to Sunday or Monday? Although Monday is a Bank Holiday. Wembley can cope with two Cup Semi Finals in two days.

I believe that if you look at the title winners of previous seasons they always start with a decent run of games

Chelsea 16/17
1 Chelsea 2–1 West Ham United [show]Fulham, London
20 August 20162 Watford 1–2 Chelsea [show]Watford
27 August 20163 Chelsea 3–0 Burnley [show]Fulham, London
11 September 20164 Swansea City 2–2 Chelsea [show]Swansea
16 September 20165 Chelsea 1–2 Liverpool [show

Leicester start 15/16
1 Leicester City 4–2 Sunderland [show]Leicester
15 August 20152 West Ham United 1–2 Leicester City [show]London
22 August 20153 Leicester City 1–1 Tottenham Hotspur [show]Leicester
29 August 20154 Bournemouth 1–1 Leicester City [show]Bournemouth
13 September 20155 Leicester City 3–2 Aston Villa [show]Leicester

Chelsea start 14/15
Burnley 1–3 Chelsea [show]Burnley
23 August 20142 Chelsea 2–0 Leicester City [show]London
30 August 20143 Everton 3–6 Chelsea [show]Liverpool
13 September 20144 Chelsea 4–2 Swansea City [show]London
21 September 20145 Emirates Marketing Project 1–1 Chelsea [show]Manchester

City 13/14
1 Chelsea 2–1 West Ham United [show]Fulham, London
20 August 20162 Watford 1–2 Chelsea [show]Watford
27 August 20163 Chelsea 3–0 Burnley [show]Fulham, London
11 September 20164 Swansea City 2–2 Chelsea [show]Swansea
16 September 20165 Chelsea 1–2 Liverpool [show

United 12/13
20 August 2012 Everton A 0–1 38,415 16th
25 August 2012 Fulham H 3–2 Van Persie 10', Kagawa 35', Rafael 41' 75,352 7th
2 September 2012 Southampton A 3–2 Van Persie (3) 23', 87', 90+2' 31,609 5th
15 September 2012 Wigan Athletic H 4–0 Scholes 51', Hernández 63', Büttner 66', Powell 82' 75,142 2nd
23 September 2012 Liverpool A 2–1 Rafael 51', Van Persie 81' (pen.) 44,263 2nd

What are the chances of the Spurs v Chelsea game being moved to Sunday for Sky? Not much else on that weekend as far as i can see in terms of a big pull game for tv.

Damn Missus has committed us to a bloody wedding that day and wouldn't accept my supposedly feeble excuse of "let's just wait until the fixtures are out first eh?!"

What are the chances of the Spurs v Chelsea game being moved to Sunday for Sky? Not much else on that weekend as far as i can see in terms of a big pull game for tv.

Damn Missus has committed us to a bloody wedding that day and wouldn't accept my supposedly feeble excuse of "let's just wait until the fixtures are out first eh?!"

It will be on TV

It will be on TV

Waiting until mid July is a bit of a joke however, no?? Especially as that means it's less than a month before the game, which is beyond the time that tickets go on sale. I'd have thought Sky & BT would be all over the fixture releases and be able get an announcement out for their schedule by end of the month

Waiting until mid July is a bit of a joke however, no?? Especially as that means it's less than a month before the game, which is beyond the time that tickets go on sale. I'd have thought Sky & BT would be all over the fixture releases and be able get an announcement out for their schedule by end of the month

Their the paymasters and we are subservient to their demands as clubs

I know what you are saying, but it definitely does help if you can start with a set of easier fixtures to build momentum. Looks like we will be playing catch up again after the first few weeks

Conversely, it might help a settled and firing side (like us) playing one of the big teams with new signings that need to settle (not that i think Chelsea fall into that category)

Pathetic organisation. The RL final has been that weekend for years now, how the FA dont know that is beyond me
Same as us playing at home against City on the Cup SF weekend

also Liverpool will have to be a Saturday game as it's NFL on the sunday

Back