• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2016/17

So what do we think the cutoff will be for CAT A games?
Looking at the site its listing 19994 Season ticket holders with points, im presuming the other 6k is made up of others.

Then 2239 Members with over 250LP and 4358 over 200LP

Guess then the cutoff will be around 180?
We tried to calcute this last season for the League Cup final, but we forgot to take into consideration that lots of tickets go to sponsors, players' parents, siblings and 4th cousins, staff and so on.

Most of them will probably be glory hunters who have come out of the woodwork since we have been doing well, I bet most of them will disappear if we fall back again.

no i don't think that's true because in order to have been in a position to regularly buy tickets when the LP system changed they would have had to have a decent amount of LPs to begin with to carry over from the old system - anyone starting to follow 5 or 6 seasons ago would have been starting from zero and be competing with huge numbers who had a high starting point. i think the rolling 5 year thing works well because it stops supporters from sitting on the points they racked up in the past and being able to pick and choose a couple of the most sought after games each season - it's not perfect but it rewards those supporters who consistently follow us.

supporters with the highest LPs in the current system would have been those who had paid their dues during the 90s and before AND continued to follow us consistently over recent years

Will it be possible to put your membership on hold for a season and keep your loyalty points now that you are no longer guaranteed tickets? The whole point of being a member is to get tickets.

Membership would certainly have to be cheaper at least now that you're not guaranteed tickets. I am sure the club will see that.

We tried to calcute this last season for the League Cup final, but we forgot to take into consideration that lots of tickets go to sponsors, players' parents, siblings and 4th cousins, staff and so on.

THST are saying that there will be 4-5k for members and so guess cutoff will be 200LP on todays figures with people on 190 going to all the cup games to boost them.

THST are saying that there will be 4-5k for members and so guess cutoff will be 200LP on todays figures with people on 190 going to all the cup games to boost them.
Well, I have 201 points as it stands. I will surely miss out by a point or two. Seems like I will need to try go over to London for a game early in the season to stand a chance.

Well, I have 201 points as it stands. I will surely miss out by a point or two. Seems like I will need to try go over to London for a game early in the season to stand a chance.

I think that will be right on the cusp should be easy to work out though as we will know numbers of seats available and also LP's from the site
It may also depend on if they do the average of the applying group like cup finals.

I think that will be right on the cusp should be easy to work out though as we will know numbers of seats available and also LP's from the site
It may also depend on if they do the average of the applying group like cup finals.
If I do get a ticket I'll have to go to games on my own, it seems.

no i don't think that's true because in order to have been in a position to regularly buy tickets when the LP system changed they would have had to have a decent amount of LPs to begin with to carry over from the old system - anyone starting to follow 5 or 6 seasons ago would have been starting from zero and be competing with huge numbers who had a high starting point. i think the rolling 5 year thing works well because it stops supporters from sitting on the points they racked up in the past and being able to pick and choose a couple of the most sought after games each season - it's not perfect but it rewards those supporters who consistently follow us.

supporters with the highest LPs in the current system would have been those who had paid their dues during the 90s and before AND continued to follow us consistently over recent years

Nope - all loyalty points before 2011 have been removed. Every ticket that's gone on sale to members was a free for all if you got through the grey circle.

With my 167 points, all those years I spent turning up to watch the brick served under utterly dreadful managers pre-Jol will count for nothing and unless I go via the Stubhub route I won't have a chance to see any of the big games next season. Am devastated.

As a season ticket holder interesting point that the 2 cup games included are the first two cup matches played at White Hart Lane i.e. not the Champions League games which will be priced and allocated separately. This is probably good news for members as there will be a small number of s/t holders who will not go to Wembley - namely some of the older fans who will not be able to travel across to North West London very easily.

Nope - all loyalty points before 2011 have been removed. Every ticket that's gone on sale to members was a free for all if you got through the grey circle.

With my 167 points, all those years I spent turning up to watch the brick served under utterly dreadful managers pre-Jol will count for nothing and unless I go via the Stubhub route I won't have a chance to see any of the big games next season. Am devastated.

maybe im confused here but what im saying is that in 2011 you weren't all reset to zero (or were you?) - you were still at an advantage to the newcomers at that time. if the newcomers have been going to games more consistently than older fans despite being at an initial disadvantage when buying tickets and have still managed to clock up more points then i think (unfair as it may sound) you can't really blame the system.

Last edited:
I don't expect membership fee will be reduced. (the club have already said the Bronze membership fee will not be reduced, even though they are removing the priority sale period now with the ballot instead. They say there is still value in paying to get on the ST waiting list.)
In any case, you have never been guaranteed a ticket, even as a member. You just get a chance to buy before general sale. Although for a Cat B/C or a Monday night game there was never usually a problem.
I would imagine loyalty points will still be awarded. Is the lucky/unlucky point any different to someone lucky enough to get in the queue early enough vs someone who isn't due to work or other reasons?
Stubhub : wholeheartedly agree.
Although I agree you weren't guaranteed a ticket (especially with our ticketing system), you were guaranteed the chance to buy one before general sale. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that there's a chance (albeit slim) that a paid up member could apply for every home game and not get a ticket for any of them.

How does the ballot work?

Me and the wife have Bronze memberships and obviously always apply together. Is there a chance one might get a ticket and the other wont? Or does it goes on the dual application, and either both of us get a ticket or both of us dont?

How many members are there in total? If there are only 5000 tickets for members, you think the odds of getting a ticket in the ballot would be very slim.

How does the ballot work?

Me and the wife have Bronze memberships and obviously always apply together. Is there a chance one might get a ticket and the other wont? Or does it goes on the dual application, and either both of us get a ticket or both of us dont?
I am not sure the club know exactly how this will work themselves. They say that full details about the application process will be announced in mid-June, so they are probably still working it out. It wouldn't surprise me if those full details are announced after the deadline for membership renewal on the 24th of June, though.

But I think you'd have to make a group application, and either you both get a ticket or neither of you get one.

Or you could both apply individually, and if you are both lucky, you get tickets in the same area, but not necessarily next to each other. Who knows?

The most important thing is that prices for memberships must be significantly reduced for next season. As a member with the old system, you were just about guaranteed a ticket for every home match. I know it wasn't an actual guarantee, and that you could miss out on the wheel of death if you were unlucky, but personally I got the tickets I wanted every time I tried to buy.

With the new system, you are obviously no longer virtually guaranteed a ticket. In fact, you could miss out on a ticket for all 19 home games of the season if you are unlucky. If they still charge the same prices, that would be the same as to charge the same for a raffle ticket where you are given the possibility to win a match ticket, as for the actual match ticket. That simply wouldn't be right, and surely even Daniel Levy and his mates at the top of the club must see that. A lottery ticket can't be worth as much as the first price.

If they don't cut the prices, I think all fans should show some solidarity and refuse to renew their memberships to show the club that they can't continue to take us for granted.

maybe im confused here but what im saying is that in 2011 you weren't all reset to zero (or were you?) - you were still at an advantage to the newcomers at that time. if the newcomers have been going to games more consistently than older fans despite being at an initial disadvantage when buying tickets and have still managed to clock up more points then i think (unfair as it may sound) you can't really blame the system.

The only games that the loyalty points give priority to were away games, which have become extremely difficult to get tickets to since 2011 as most games don't make it to Bronze/Lilywhite members apart from a few played outside of London mid-week.

If you started buying home match tickets every week to watch Bale and Modric, you'd have the same chance as any other Bronze/Lilywhite member of getting through and would accumulate loyalty points. Whereas if you were doing the same thing when we were getting thrashed at home by teams like Bolton, Fulham and Charlton under David Pleat, you get nothing.

The only games that the loyalty points give priority to were away games, which have become extremely difficult to get tickets to since 2011 as most games don't make it to Bronze/Lilywhite members apart from a few played outside of London mid-week.

If you started buying home match tickets every week to watch Bale and Modric, you'd have the same chance as any other Bronze/Lilywhite member of getting through and would accumulate loyalty points. Whereas if you were doing the same thing when we were getting thrashed at home by teams like Bolton, Fulham and Charlton under David Pleat, you get nothing.

ah ok seems i have misunderstood the process then, that would rankle a bit i guess.

though just to play devils advocate here id say that the members in with the best shout of tickets this coming season would be the ones who have ranked up the away ticket LPs as well as for the home tickets over the last five years (plus EL home and aways), so i wouldn't be throwing around terms like JCL or fair-weather supporters for the majority of those - it does suck that those members who stuck by us in the lean years will be at a disadvantage (if they havent been going regularly over the last five seasons), but ultimately i think at the worst everyone was on an even slate as of the last 5 years so the chance of building and maintaining the required points was even to all - and if you started with the higher number of points you actually had an advantage for away games during this period and so had the better opportunity to increase your points that way.

Last edited:
How many members are there in total? If there are only 5000 tickets for members, you think the odds of getting a ticket in the ballot would be very slim.

According to the OS there are 81,305 members!!
You can see the LP split here http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/membership/loyalty-points/

I wonder how many will be applying for each Cat B and C game that would not normally? Technically the odds should be the same whether by ballot or on-the-day online queuing - the difference is that the ballot takes away the sense of it being in our own hands through being in the queue early enough, working multiple browsers etc. With the ballot it is totally out of our individual control.

Back