• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Results

Don't think that £357m number is anything to do with profit?

I think the £357m number is equity (i.e. assets minus liabilities).... i.e. if you tot up the value of everything that we own (including cash in bank) and take away everything that we owe (including shareholder capital) then what we own is worth £357 more in value than everything that we owe.

I have advocated for a while that it would've been great for Lewis and Levy to inject more shareholder capital. They have both got a lot richer (on paper) through Spurs. It would be great if they put even some of that wealth back into the club as shareholder capital.
But similarly they haven’t taken any money out of the club to put back in cash terms

But similarly they haven’t taken any money out of the club to put back in cash terms
Lewis hasn't. Levy though is the highest paid director in the entire PL.

The perfect solution would be for them to allow somebody to inject (say) £400 million into the club for (e.g.) a 25% stake. Of course that would dilute their holdings but put the club in such a better position (cash rich with most of our debt being covered by cash in bank). They would still have both made huge amounts out of Spurs, even after doing this.

Lewis hasn't. Levy though is the highest paid director in the entire PL.

The perfect solution would be for them to allow somebody to inject (say) £400 million into the club for (e.g.) a 25% stake. Of course that would dilute their holdings but put the club in such a better position (cash rich with most of our debt being covered by cash in bank). They would still have both made huge amounts out of Spurs, even after doing this.
Agree
Just need someone to do that
And Levy works full time at the club and has Comfortably out performer every other Director like for like in the league with regards to their key deliverables - although im sure some will argue that his off the pitch activities are less important than the on the pitch ones
And of course his salary itself isn’t unusual for a company director at this level but people add in that bonus every time even when it’s not being paid - which I do think is an indication of their plan to sell more and more now (never thought that until recently)

Be nice if he offered 25% to fan ownership.

If he then wants an exit...then start heading towards the 50+1 German model and his work will be complete.

Be nice if he offered 25% to fan ownership.

If he then wants an exit...then start heading towards the 50+1 German model and his work will be complete.

I appreciate I’m in the minority, but I hate that idea, I want the club to be run by professionals, football fans are idiots.

I had a lot of skin in the game when my kids were born too, but I’m going to let the midwife call the shots.

I appreciate I’m in the minority, but I hate that idea, I want the club to be run by professionals, football fans are idiots.

I had a lot of skin in the game when my kids were born too, but I’m going to let the midwife call the shots.
I don't necessarily think it's a great idea but for Levy it would be the (romantically) perfect exit, 'i did this, now it yours'.

I'm sure Dubai could run it, he appears to have a better understanding of what's needed than Levy.

Some interesting stuff in there. Net interest payable of £25.2 million on £657 million of debt works out at a rate of 3.84% which is higher than some of the figures that had been discussed on here previously. The real figure is probably a fair amount higher than 3.84% as well as I our debt grew by over £200 million across that financial period (so if we make an assumption that the debt was an average of £557 million over the year then the interest rate was actually 4.52%

I'll be interested to see how the debt and interest numbers appear in next year's figures as it could well be that the rate was higher due to a portion of this interest being paid prior to restructuring the debt over a mixture of maturity terms. With borrowing costs having shrunk again since our restructuring it wouldn't surprise me to see further restructuring of some of our debt, depending on penalty clauses. Next year's figures should also show us what sort of capital we are paying off on our loans as our spending on infrastructure projects should now be complete so the £657 debt figure should start to reduce.

Some interesting stuff in there. Net interest payable of £25.2 million on £657 million of debt works out at a rate of 3.84% which is higher than some of the figures that had been discussed on here previously. The real figure is probably a fair amount higher than 3.84% as well as I our debt grew by over £200 million across that financial period (so if we make an assumption that the debt was an average of £557 million over the year then the interest rate was actually 4.52%

I'll be interested to see how the debt and interest numbers appear in next year's figures as it could well be that the rate was higher due to a portion of this interest being paid prior to restructuring the debt over a mixture of maturity terms. With borrowing costs having shrunk again since our restructuring it wouldn't surprise me to see further restructuring of some of our debt, depending on penalty clauses. Next year's figures should also show us what sort of capital we are paying off on our loans as our spending on infrastructure projects should now be complete so the £657 debt figure should start to reduce.
Thing I found most interesting was the increase in wages were paying

Yup, potentially 10 home games if our new NFL team makes it to play-offs as top ranked club in their Conference.

WHL still too small to host Super Bowl AFAIK though.
It's on the small size yes, but that's not the only or main reason that makes it unlikely to host the Super Bowl.

Yup, potentially 10 home games if our new NFL team makes it to play-offs as top ranked club in their Conference.

WHL still too small to host Super Bowl AFAIK though.
70k is the minimum cap
Couldn’t see the NFL sending the flag ship event overseas

Back