• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Results

No idea. Jamie Oliver designs the menu, apparently that stands as gourmet these days.

Did City put ticket prices up much this season out of interest?

Erm, I'm 90% prices were frozen. If not, they weren't raised by much.

My comment related to the debt amount - which has very little to do with our ability to purchase players, imv

If we can service our debt - we can afford signings

my original comment was aimed at the people who seem to be under the impression that Levy is sitting on a pile of cash that we have stocked up over the past few seasons and is reluctant to spend it. truth is we have probably been paying off the 4 or 5 windows that covered the end of Commolis time and the beginning of Redknapps.

any significant transfer deals we make will most likely see us take on a debt - the more of these which we make that don't workout either on the field or in a financial sense will greatly reduce the amount of debt we can afford to take on to improve the team. which will be a huge part of the reasoning behind Levy's transfer policy/lack of buying quick fix solutions in January in the striker department etc

Thanks to tax credits, THFC loss after tax smaller (than before tax loss) at £4.3m

We can service our debt, but there is not much left after that. Hell we made a profit of 9.2m on player sales and still made a loss.

That insinuates a sell to buy policy in my mind. Well or release ageing players on massive cash.

Edit: Although we won't be spending on the training ground this season, so unless we spend on the stadium there might be more leeway.

I'm sure that you already know this but, just to be clear for those that don't, the £9.2 million profit on player sales refers only to player sales and not to player trading as a whole. It means nothing more than that, of the players we sold, we received £9.2 million more for them than they were valued at in our accounts.

That figure doesn't take into account amortisation of player registrations - or (in rough, layman terms) what we have spent on incoming players. And the amortisation of player registrations cost us £25 million in 2012.

So, overall, we made a loss of £15.8 million on player trading.

We can free up a bit of cash by getting rid of a few players this summer:

Gomes - 45K
Bentley - 55K
Hudd - 30k
Parker - 60K
Friedel - 40K
Cudicini - 25K
Adebayor - 100K

They are made up figures but probably aren't too far off. Thats 350K a week right there of the wage bill potentially.

We would obviously need to sign some replacements but we'd probably only need one goalie (maybe 2), midfielder and striker. Could probably get all of that for less than 200K a week I'd say.

Gomes - 45K
Bentley - 55K
Hudd - 30k
Parker - 60K
Friedel - 40K
Cudicini - 25K
Adebayor - 100K

They are made up figures but probably aren't too far off. Thats 350K a week right there of the wage bill potentially.

We would obviously need to sign some replacements but we'd probably only need one goalie (maybe 2), midfielder and striker. Could probably get all of that for less than 200K a week I'd say.

You missed out Gallas too, who's contract ends this summer.

Gomes - 45K
Bentley - 55K
Hudd - 30k
Parker - 60K
Friedel - 40K
Cudicini - 25K
Adebayor - 100K

Why would we get rid of Friedel? I also don't think we'll be able to shift Ade even if we want to.

Agree for the most part, there is a lot of crap in the squad on high wages which needs to be moved on.

Why would we get rid of Friedel? I also don't think we'll be able to shift Ade even if we want to.

Agree for the most part, there is a lot of crap in the squad on high wages which needs to be moved on.

Because he's done and offers nothing

Agree with everyone on that list except for Ade - deserves another season, imv

Gomes - 45K
Bentley - 55K
Hudd - 30k
Parker - 60K
Friedel - 40K
Cudicini - 25K
Adebayor - 100K

You missed out Gallas too, who's contract ends this summer.
Not forgetting Khumalo, Falque and Jenas.

For what its worth those 2012 wages include all the players we sold last summer and dont include the our signings from the summer or Bale's wage rise.

Jenas has left as has Cudicini as someone pointed out.

Gallas will go though and he's probably on 60-70K a week.

I doubt Khumalo and Falque are on more than 15K a week between them.

Fair chance there might be new contracts coming up for Bale, Caulker, Townsend, Lloris (maybe).

May also get rid of BAE who is probably on decent wages - maybe 40k or so a week.

I fecking knew it.
Our wages effectively doubled under Redknapp.
Thats why our net transfer spend is down significantly for the last 2 seasons.

Your post implies Redknapp negotiated wage deals, rather than Levy, which is not the case.

Also you could just as easily say that our net transfer spend is down significantly for the last 2 seasons because Cheat$ki fluked their way to the CL title and took away our hard earned CL place.

Interesting to see that going into EL instead of CL cost us £31m in prize money and gate receipts according to Mr Swiss Ramble; I'm sure some know-all was on here the other day saying that it was only worth about £10m difference and wasn't such a big deal.

Your post implies Redknapp negotiated wage deals, rather than Levy, which is not the case.

Also you could just as easily say that our net transfer spend is down significantly for the last 2 seasons because Cheat$ki fluked their way to the CL title and took away our hard earned CL place.

Interesting to see that going into EL instead of CL cost us £31m in prize money and gate receipts according to Mr Swiss Ramble; I'm sure some know-all was on here the other day saying that it was only worth about £10m difference and wasn't such a big deal.

You would also have to look at how much our revenue increased since Harry had taken over too. If we make far more it makes sense that we would pay more on wages.

I would look, but I am on my iPad, and it's hassle.

Because he's done and offers nothing

Agree with everyone on that list except for Ade - deserves another season, imv

How much is a 2nd goalkeeper supposed to offer?

We can either have a good 2nd choice and give him some unimportant games to keep him happy. Or we can play our 1st choice in every game and have an abysmal 2nd choice to come in for the unfortunate times when Lloris is injured. Jones/ Hilario etc.

I think Friedel is a great 2nd choice. And I'm pretty sure he signed a new contract anyway.

At his age regular football is crucial to keep his match fitness / sharpness - Basel 2nd leg was a stark reminder of that - he was very poor

How about a youngster coming up on much lower wages?

I fecking knew it.
Was told for ages that the only reason our wages were up to 90m in 2011 was because of Champion's League bonuses.
Now the season after with no Champion's League and they're still 90m.

Our wages effectively doubled under Redknapp.
Thats why our net transfer spend is down significantly for the last 2 seasons.

Football club wages only make any sense when compared to the clubs around them

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...pending-from-the-200001-season-to-201112.html

Back