• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fernando Llorente

This is the best photo. fudging brilliant.

D4YooD1WwAIR3wk.jpg:large

What I love the most about this picture is that absolutely noone, fans, players or anyone else, would have imagined these three if they pictured Spurs after a matchwinning goal away to City in the Champions League. It's a rare photo and hopefully a treasured photo in the club's history. Unlikely heroes, raw passion, big cajones. The combination of Trippier and Llorrente kind of sums up my own who experince as a fan from when I was young, an angry, defensive and intense passion and the desperate need to tell everyone else to shut it throughout the 90s. I love this picture.

Experienced, born leader, played at some of the biggest clubs in the world, champions league experience and it's proving vital at the moment. He just gets it and knows what it takes.

People still want to slag him off, but I'd keep him in our team until he wants to retire, if he'd stay.

He's an incredible influence on our younger players and will help cultivate the club culture that Poch desperately wants.

Case in point.

Experienced, born leader, played at some of the biggest clubs in the world, champions league experience and it's proving vital at the moment. He just gets it and knows what it takes.

People still want to slag him off, but I'd keep him in our team until he wants to retire, if he'd stay.

He's an incredible influence on our younger players and will help cultivate the club culture that Poch desperately wants.

Could not agree more with all of that. He has been there and got the tee-shirt and when we signed him i thought all of his experiance would also help Kane become the best around. Love the guy and if we played to his strengths more he would excel more for us.

Didn’t think that header was all that easy to be honest. Not a huge amount of pace on the ball and he had a lot to do to beat Ederson.

With Llorente, at half time v Fulham I thought this bugger is never going to do anything for us. An og in the game that was his big chance? But he’s been very good since then and he’s always been ultra professional and spoken well of us. Delighted for the big man.

I agree, I don't believe he's right for us, but he tries his best. I thought Toby got a touch on the ball which changed its direction.

Or h. B
He's scored some very important goals lately, but wtf is up with his pressing?

He's not Adebayor bad, but he pretty much stops moving once he's pressed the first defender. Completely changes our approach to the game and makes it very difficult to control.

He doesn’t press, it’s not his game
And we play very different with him out there
But if it gets results, then who cares
And we will have control against most teams but city are one of the best we will play

What I love the most about this picture is that absolutely noone, fans, players or anyone else, would have imagined these three if they pictured Spurs after a matchwinning goal away to City in the Champions League. It's a rare photo and hopefully a treasured photo in the club's history. Unlikely heroes, raw passion, big cajones. The combination of Trippier and Llorrente kind of sums up my own who experince as a fan from when I was young, an angry, defensive and intense passion and the desperate need to tell everyone else to shut it throughout the 90s. I love this picture.

Agreed. Great photo.

So often, I see fans of clubs say "x doesn't give a f**k as long as he picks up his big paycheque", "the game is gone, it's not about the fans anymore", "players don't show passion". I'm sure I've seen people on here have say it and I've certainly heard it dozens of times over the years.

I truly believe that Wednesday night absolutely transcended any of that. I don't imagine one player was stood there thinking "I'll be getting a nice bonus for this" or "my transfer value has gone up". Like us, they were all just ecstatic at what we'd achieved. All of us - players, management, fans at the ground, fans watching on TV all went through the emotional wringer together. From feeling dead inside to euphoria. From feeling hopeless to hopeful. From thinking "Why always us?" to "We've done it. We've only gone and bloody done it". Every one of us felt the exact same intense emotions - it was a stomach churning but exhilarating rollercoaster that we all rode together. And, far from feeling detached from the players and management, at those moments, we were all in it together.

I know it's only a quarter final and we have a distance to go before achieving what we want. But for pure emotion and for sharing in something special, Wednesday will be very hard to top.

I have hated this guy at times, but he's made me eat humble-pie/hats/bags of d1cks.

When it's mattered, he has really stepped up and been effective (putting the ball in the net or helping others to do so).

Cap off.

I think I worked it out -- I hate this guy in league games, he plays like a qunt. But he's a cup hero!

Saving it for Ajax, I hope...

Our biggest issue wasnt his performance, but our lack of options off the bench to change him. 3 defenders, a DM, a young CM and a CF who hasn't player for about a decade.

We're 1-2 bodies short in attacking areas in the squad, and the current injuries are highlighting that

Our biggest issue wasnt his performance, but our lack of options off the bench to change him. 3 defenders, a DM, a young CM and a CF who hasn't player for about a decade.

We're 1-2 bodies short in attacking areas in the squad, and the current injuries are highlighting that
Thought he might do well tonight against brighton. Sadly, he was anonymous.

Thought he might do well tonight against brighton. Sadly, he was anonymous.

He needed to drop off, make some runs, mix it up a bit. It wasn't really his fault he was surrounded tho. Kane would have got himself involved. Llorente is too relaxed, he needs to make things happen.

He needed to drop off, make some runs, mix it up a bit. It wasn't really his fault he was surrounded tho. Kane would have got himself involved. Llorente is too relaxed, he needs to make things happen.
It’s his fault if he is marked

Move away

fudge it, drop 30 yards if you need to and confuse them

He's certain to start against Ajax as our options are so limited with Son out. I'd leave him on the bench for West Ham though.

Back