• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fernando Llorente

Absolutely delighted he scored, he needed to!

I thought in general his play was much improved, we saw more of the quality he has, ability to hold up, and Id say he was adding something to the team.

I still think he needs to move more, annoyingly gets caught on his heels to much for me, but one thing at a time!

People in general including those sat near me need to get in their head that at 33 Llorente is not going to be Kane. You can't expect a player to come in for 5/10 mins here and there and then come in a fire on all burners. He is doing what he can do, has to learn to adapt to the team and them him. So for people to call him all the names under the sun shows a total lack of football knowledge

I find it strange that he isn't adapting to the game or players easily when Poch has clearly a well defined system.

What do we do with the 2nd team during training?

Barcelona has no problem introducing new inexperienced players as they fit a system

Sent from my SM-N960F using Fapatalk

I find it strange that he isn't adapting to the game or players easily when Poch has clearly a well defined system.

Barcelona has no problem introducing new inexperienced players as they fit a system

Sent from my SM-N960F using Fapatalk
Thats because all of Barcas forwards are of the same cut, all mobile and skillful. Llorente isnt mobile which is why he is plan C for the forward role and why our system will never be suitable for him. Either we adapt our system to suit him or our play will continue to not be as productive in the attacking third....

Because he is 33 and a different player to what we have in the system, he is the odd one out and at his age he isnt going to suddenly turn into Kane or Son or an Alli.

Like someone else says Barcelona have like for like players.

He’s getting better every game, didn’t let that miss affect him and was a little more involved last night, I noted he peformed a nice bit of control and turn over on the right and almost played someone in with a left foot pass which made me think he’s looking to get more involved.

he’ll probably be up to full match sharpness at the end of March, just in time for Kane to come back and relegate him back to the bench!

I don’t blame Llorente, we are still not playing to his strengths. You’d think after all these days on the training pitch and a few games now they’d know how to utilise him properly. Made up for him with his goal, great header and he can still be a weapon for us if we give him the right service....

I do feel sorry for him to be honest, he is not Kane ( and never will be) but i feel some supporters expect something from him which as you say is not his strength. Ever since Sissoko has proved that he is a valuable member of our side the fans who used to boo him have had to change their sights onto another player, and they seem to have targeted Llorente.

For me now he is getting a regular run in the side he is improving with every game, the team seem to be playing more for him then they were and because of that he is starting to look better.

People in general including those sat near me need to get in their head that at 33 Llorente is not going to be Kane. You can't expect a player to come in for 5/10 mins here and there and then come in a fire on all burners. He is doing what he can do, has to learn to adapt to the team and them him. So for people to call him all the names under the sun shows a total lack of football knowledge

My thoughts as well, as i said above he has taken over as the boo boys player to pick on.

He has made key contributions, but it would be an outright lie to suggest he has been playing particularly well.

Last night was his best performance in a LONG time.

I do not think anyone is are they? if so its probably its just as big a lie as those who have been saying he is a waste of space.

Those saying he has been playing poorly are entirely correct.

As are those saying he has been our worst player or whatever.

"Waste of space" probably isnt an unfair description of his performance (not that Ive seen it said) - take the Palace game.

But dont let that stop you getting on your soap box and bitching at imaginary issue of how bad our fans are.

i've been giving him a hard time and jenas made a good point on MOTD ( i love how he's OUR pundit ) that the little hold up touches shows he's getting rid of his ring rustiness/lack of match time. That goal was such a relief for everyone considering the events of the last week.

Those saying he has been playing poorly are entirely correct.

As are those saying he has been our worst player or whatever.

"Waste of space" probably isnt an unfair description of his performance (not that Ive seen it said) - take the Palace game.

But dont let that stop you getting on your soap box and bitching at imaginary issue of how bad our fans are.

Got out of bed the wrong side mate?

Not at all. Just seen you do this a few times, and when pressed you dont actually have much to back up all the slating you dish out...

Theres plenty to have a pop at the fans about, but this whole "boo boys" thing isnt one of them, imo. Not with Llorente.

Not at all. Just seen you do this a few times, and when pressed you dont actually have much to back up all the slating you dish out...

Theres plenty to have a pop at the fans about, but this whole "boo boys" thing isnt one of them, imo. Not with Llorente.

Well all i can say is you should have been in the stands last night where we were, loads of macarons booing him and calling him out. How that for back up?

Back