• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fernando Llorente

My concern with Rebic is why can’t he get regular starts at Frankfurt?

Yep that would be a concern but then also we need to be scouting players that fit our system and sometimes players at other clubs for whatever reason are not in the team, Martial was not just a few short months ago.

Or we need to be looking at players that were highly rated but who perhaps made bad moves, not a striker but the midfielder at Monaco, Tielmens would be one such player.

There's a difference between a Poch green light and definitely being a Poch signing. I wasn't suggesting that he was signed behind the manager's back. As @Danishfurniturelover suggests, Janssen fits Mitchell's remit of trying to find value in the market, and I remember that effort comments too.

Not so much behind his back as over his head. Poch was not the man on the top of the senate back then, he had to show diplomacy. Now he has risen like Cesar he can dismiss the senate and their views.

*This evening the wife was watching the young pope with yiddo Jude Law, hence the references, but your intelligent enough to get the gist of what I am saying.

There's a difference between a Poch green light and definitely being a Poch signing. I wasn't suggesting that he was signed behind the manager's back. As @Danishfurniturelover suggests, Janssen fits Mitchell's remit of trying to find value in the market, and I remember that effort comments too.

I think a Poch green light is effectively a Poch signing. Mitchell indeed had such a remit - as the whole club does. If Poch felt it wasn't an appropriate signing we wouldn't have gone for him so early in the summer - something we don't often do - and wouldn't have kept upping our bid so many times that summer.

Mitchell wasn't around for when Llorente was signed so again i don't think we can put him as a signing that wasn't a Poch one.

Chelsea's buy to loan policy is designed to cheat financial fair play not improve the first team.

Yes I totally agree, though I think they are happy if they get a good one.

But we should be doing the same, signing some young English players as they always go for a premium, loan them back to the championship clubs and sell them if they are not top level or bring them into the club.

Call me a cynic (but my heart aint in it) but we need to start thinking about things in a different way, get creative. Smash down that door with both feet and force our way in. I am not on a wind up, my alternative thought patters about everything in life from the environment to politics to football means I think we should be going out and doing things differently.

Not so much behind his back as over his head. Poch was not the man on the top of the senate back then, he had to show diplomacy. Now he has risen like Cesar he can dismiss the senate and their views.

*This evening the wife was watching the young pope with yiddo Jude Law, hence the references, but your intelligent enough to get the gist of what I am saying.

Poch's job description changed that very summer after he met Fergie for dinner that time, and he signed a new contract. This happened BEFORE we signed Janssen

I think a Poch green light is effectively a Poch signing. Mitchell indeed had such a remit - as the whole club does. If Poch felt it wasn't an appropriate signing we wouldn't have gone for him so early in the summer - something we don't often do - and wouldn't have kept upping our bid so many times that summer.

Mitchell wasn't around for when Llorente was signed so again i don't think we can put him as a signing that wasn't a Poch one.

No to be fair that had the whole Levy last day of the window flimflam written all over it. We can only hope Poch tries to sideline Levy as well.

Chelsea's business model isn't bad (seeing as no-one is ever going to punish them). Seems to work for them and saw some stat that they had spent less than Arsenal, Pool, United and City over the last five years.

Yep that would be a concern but then also we need to be scouting players that fit our system and sometimes players at other clubs for whatever reason are not in the team, Martial was not just a few short months ago.

Or we need to be looking at players that were highly rated but who perhaps made bad moves, not a striker but the midfielder at Monaco, Tielmens would be one such player.
He is a hell of a player q
Or would be with us

No to be fair that had the whole Levy last day of the window flimflam written all over it. We can only hope Poch tries to sideline Levy as well.

Maybe last day because we tried for more higher priority targets first, but again i doubt Poch would have used Llorente vs, say Madrid, if he didn't give some kind of green light to it. Remember he sidelined Janssen out of the club at this point, effectively to accomodate Llorente and there was that talk that Llorente would be more happy to play second-fiddle to Kane given his age, experience etc etc

Chelsea's business model isn't bad (seeing as no-one is ever going to punish them). Seems to work for them and saw some stat that they had spent less than Arsenal, Pool, United and City over the last five years.

Yeah we can bitch about what they do like losers moaning about their neighbour who has a better car, or go out and make ourselves a better living so we can get a new car.

Obviously the wage bill is the thing that keeps them ahead of us and that is down to dodgy commercial contracts.

Maybe last day because we tried for more higher priority targets first, but again i doubt Poch would have used Llorente vs, say Madrid, if he didn't give some kind of green light to it. Remember he sidelined Janssen out of the club at this point, effectively to accomodate Llorente and there was that talk that Llorente would be more happy to play second-fiddle to Kane given his age, experience etc etc

That is the problem though the whole last day of the window thing that Levy loves doing, cant think accept maybe for VDV that it has ever worked out for us.

That is the problem though the whole last day of the window thing that Levy loves doing, cant think accept maybe for VDV that it has ever worked out for us.

It can certainly have it's pros and cons...however, there's only so much that approach can get you in terms of onward progression, Poch effectively said the same...

Yeah we can bitch about what they do like losers moaning about their neighbour who has a better car, or go out and make ourselves a better living so we can get a new car.

Obviously the wage bill is the thing that keeps them ahead of us and that is down to dodgy commercial contracts.
We are doing something, the new stadium should give us the highest match day revenue in the league and the NFL could add a fair whack on top of that, which no one else can compete with us for.

The facilities might make us atttactive to host boxing or concerts too, with no impact to the playing surface. All extra income on days the stadium would otherwise be empty.

That's how I saw it too. A target man to throw on when we needed a different approach to a stubborn opponent. He was never signed to lead the line for an extended period like he is now. He's too old for that.

The issue is, when he is on, we don't target him, we continue to fanny around and not cross to him. Why don't we try it? OK he might fvck it up but at least we've given him the chance.

We are doing something, the new stadium should give us the highest match day revenue in the league and the NFL could add a fair whack on top of that, which no one else can compete with us for.

The facilities might make us atttactive to host boxing or concerts too, with no impact to the playing surface. All extra income on days the stadium would otherwise be empty.

Yes were doing well off the field but we need to try different ways to get ahead on the pitch.

All managers make mistakes on players bought in. Even greats like Ferguson. It's a risk you take, rather than a "blot in the copy book"

Bingo, any transfer has a element of risk about it and i doubt there has ever been a club who have not signed a player that has failed.

The issue is, when he is on, we don't target him, we continue to fanny around and not cross to him. Why don't we try it? OK he might fvck it up but at least we've given him the chance.

This for me as well, we signed him to be a back up only but we have never played to his strengths. We were supposed to have been interested in him several years ago, at the time i never thought he would be suitable for the way we play so was not unhappy when the deal did not go through. This time i thought that he would be a asset as it would give Kane a rest ( when needed) and it would help Kane to have a player who has won it all and could be helpful to him. Sadly it has not been a big success.

Back