• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fernando Llorente

Son was worse than him today to be fair, but it also fair to say that it hasn't worked out for Llorente at Spurs so far and it probably never will. He was never going to be the energetic mobile forward type. That was not on the label. What Spurs bought was a PL acclimatised forward who could step in every now and then to give Harry a rest, and who would hold the ball up, lay it off to runners, and score a few goals.

What has happened is that his finishing has totally deserted him for whatever reason. His confidence is taking a battering and the only way to pull out of the nose dive is to score goals. These FA cup matches were tailor made to solve that problem and as an experienced head he should be better able to handle this self made pressure. He doesn't seem to be coping to me.

I feel a little sorry for him but he has to make a difference in a match soon.

Son was worse than him today to be fair, but it also fair to say that it hasn't worked out for Llorente at Spurs so far and it probably never will. He was never going to be the energetic mobile forward type. That was not on the label. What Spurs bought was a PL acclimatised forward who could step in every now and then to give Harry a rest, and who would hold the ball up, lay it off to runners, and score a few goals.

What has happened is that his finishing has totally deserted him for whatever reason. His confidence is taking a battering and the only way to pull out of the nose dive is to score goals. These FA cup matches were tailor made to solve that problem and as an experienced head he should be better able to handle this self made pressure. He doesn't seem to be coping to me.

I feel a little sorry for him but he has to make a difference in a match soon.
I’d perhaps feel a little sorry for him if he was struggling to pay his mortgage/rent and had to check his bank balance to make sure he wasn’t going overdrawn. Given the dosh he’s on and the fact that he’s playing for the team I love I feel frustrated that he can’t contribute more.

I’d perhaps feel a little sorry for him if he was struggling to pay his mortgage/rent and had to check his bank balance to make sure he wasn’t going overdrawn. Given the dosh he’s on and the fact that he’s playing for the team I love I feel frustrated that he can’t contribute more.
He is trying, it's not working and for that reason I feel a little sorry for him. Maybe he's just past it. The pay thing is an irrelevance.

absolutely no movement today

is this going to be a thing now till the end of the season, one player plays like a cnut each match, aurier against Madrid and now Llorente against Rochdale, GHod we needed Redknapp there to tell him to run about a bit

He’s here for the money and that’s it.

Well that’s what it looks like.

Zero effort today, the only game he’s put in a big shift was real.

Much like last season when it became apparent Janssen wasn't up to scratch, I think it is time to make Son the focal point of the attack in Kane's absence.
It is quite incredible how detrimental to the team he has been when he starts. Poor performances against Barnsley, AFC Wimbledon, Newport and now Rochdale.

I can't quite believe how much this hasn't worked out, I think pretty much all of us thought this would be a great signing.

I'm not sure if it is a lack of effort, mismatch of systems, whether his legs have gone etc. I don't know. Such a shame.

He’s here for the money and that’s it.

Well that’s what it looks like.

Zero effort today, the only game he’s put in a big shift was real.

He'd've gone to Chelsea in August if that was the case. It was obviously a footballing decision.

I feel sorry for him. Like Soldado, there's talent and generally effort (not quite so strong as Soldado), it's just confidence that has become shot to pieces.

He'd've gone to Chelsea in August if that was the case. It was obviously a footballing decision.

I feel sorry for him. Like Soldado, there's talent and generally effort (not quite so strong as Soldado), it's just confidence that has become shot to pieces.
Christ.... He's not as bad as Soldado is he?!?

Didn’t we offer him more?

He's worse, soldado was at least involved.
Was he? I only noticed sly elbows and then bottling out of taking penalties after he missed his 6th or 7th one after scoring all of them previously for us (which was a shame as penalties looked like the only way he would ever score a goal). I always find it weird that Soldado seemed to be loved by the fans despite being absolute dogbrick for us, whereas some players can do OK and be derided anyway.

Yes it has not worked out so far but I still cannot believe people are giving up on this guy. Time and time again we see players struggling to adapt to Poch’s system. This will be even harder for Llorente given we don’t play to his strength, he does not get a run of games and he joined late so didn’t get a preseason.

Obviously at his age we wanted it to happen immediately unfortunately it hasn’t, but to give up on such a talented guy who has proven he can score goals in the Premier League, who doesn’t appear to be causing trouble would be a mistake imo.

Was he? I only noticed sly elbows and then bottling out of taking penalties after he missed his 6th or 7th one after scoring all of them previously for us (which was a shame as penalties looked like the only way he would ever score a goal). I always find it weird that Soldado seemed to be loved by the fans despite being absolute dogbrick for us, whereas some players can do OK and be derided anyway.

As poor as soldado was at he was getting chances, llorente never seems to be where he should be.
Hindsight and all that but I expected much better, especially after the Madrid game.

When you look at llorente, soldado and jannsen you do wonder if the problem isn' them, but us. A bit too much of a coincidence that they all come here with good records and fail.

As poor as soldado was at he was getting chances, llorente never seems to be where he should be.
Hindsight and all that but I expected much better, especially after the Madrid game.

When you look at llorente, soldado and jannsen you do wonder if the problem isn' them, but us. A bit too much of a coincidence that they all come here with good records and fail.

I agree on some of this, Soldado got chances and missed loads. Llorente just is not doing it and is not missing much as he is not involved. Kane is not blessed with pace but works his rooster off.

I agree on some of this, Soldado got chances and missed loads. Llorente just is not doing it and is not missing much as he is not involved. Kane is not blessed with pace but works his rooster off.

His last few appearances, the most notable thing to me is that Llorente simply doesnt have anything in his legs these days.

Some decent headers and lay offs when in position, but ultimately he has absolutely no change of speed between jogging and running, let alone sprinting, and because of that he is virtually useless on the field.

He has no press, he make no meaningful runs and he is almost always not where play needs him to be.

I was in favour of buying him, I thought it was a smart move, but at this point I have to say I think its been a disaster.

With Moura now in, even if not up to speed, I think Id prefer Son play up front than Llorente.

Back