• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fan Experience - The American Influence.

7percent

Pascal Chimbonda
So we have signed an agreement with the NFL to host at least 2 American Football Games a year for a decade.

American sports seem to have a markedly different culture from ours. For instance, in an American Football game there are only 60 minutes on the clock, but because of the stop-start nature of the game, games being divided into quarters, and teams being able to use time outs, it is not uncommon for games to last more than 3 hours. Compare that to an afternoon at the lane. Fans arrive fractionally before before kick off and some start leaving before the final whistle. I'd say most fans probably aren't even inside the stadium for a full two hours.

Tailgate parties are big in American football as well. Fans will start meeting in parking lots and open spaces near the stadiums. They will drink together and have bbqs. Whereas a trip to WHL may only last a couple of hours for some (I'll always try and get to the Bricklayers for a few before and after) I would say that going to an American Football game is more of a 'day out'

The games at Wembley have been supported by some big events in London. There has been a 'Fan Rally' in Trafalgar square, a 'tailgate party' at wembley, an 'NFL Gameday Fan Plaza' and an 'NFL Touchdown Tour' which closed Regent Street for a massive event.

You can expect fan rallies or tailgate parties outside New White Hart Lane on an NFL matchday. It wasn't lost on me that when the stadium was announced it was declared that there will be a public space the size of trafalgar square included. You can expect appearances from ex and current players, performances from cheerleaders, food and drink stalls, etc etc.

As our exposure increases in the states I would expect more American fans to be in attendance. They may well expect a 'tailgate party' experience. We'll have a space the size of trafalgar square that I expect to lend itself perfectly to this kind of event.

So how would you feel if we end up with these kind of events on a matchday? I think it would be brilliant for families and 'tourist' fans. I can see how some fans may find it artificial and not enjoy it, but then we should still have our regular pubs to retreat into.

Pubs are packed round WHL from opening to closing on match day - only difference being the Americans like to drink outside really

If we have a pub/bar restaurant attached to the new ground that offers reasonably priced food & drink in comfortable surroundings imagine how much money the club could make from it each match day

So we have signed an agreement with the NFL to host at least 2 American Football Games a year for a decade.

American sports seem to have a markedly different culture from ours. For instance, in an American Football game there are only 60 minutes on the clock, but because of the stop-start nature of the game, games being divided into quarters, and teams being able to use time outs, it is not uncommon for games to last more than 3 hours. Compare that to an afternoon at the lane. Fans arrive fractionally before before kick off and some start leaving before the final whistle. I'd say most fans probably aren't even inside the stadium for a full two hours.

Tailgate parties are big in American football as well. Fans will start meeting in parking lots and open spaces near the stadiums. They will drink together and have bbqs. Whereas a trip to WHL may only last a couple of hours for some (I'll always try and get to the Bricklayers for a few before and after) I would say that going to an American Football game is more of a 'day out'

The games at Wembley have been supported by some big events in London. There has been a 'Fan Rally' in Trafalgar square, a 'tailgate party' at wembley, an 'NFL Gameday Fan Plaza' and an 'NFL Touchdown Tour' which closed Regent Street for a massive event.

You can expect fan rallies or tailgate parties outside New White Hart Lane on an NFL matchday. It wasn't lost on me that when the stadium was announced it was declared that there will be a public space the size of trafalgar square included. You can expect appearances from ex and current players, performances from cheerleaders, food and drink stalls, etc etc.

As our exposure increases in the states I would expect more American fans to be in attendance. They may well expect a 'tailgate party' experience. We'll have a space the size of trafalgar square that I expect to lend itself perfectly to this kind of event.

So how would you feel if we end up with these kind of events on a matchday? I think it would be brilliant for families and 'tourist' fans. I can see how some fans may find it artificial and not enjoy it, but then we should still have our regular pubs to retreat into.

It would be great but I wouldn't fancy hammering out that deal with the Met...

If we have a pub/bar restaurant attached to the new ground that offers reasonably priced food & drink in comfortable surroundings imagine how much money the club could make from it each match day
I can't imagine club would want to branch out into something as risky as catering - even with a guaranteed throughput of clients.

Far more likely the club will keep ownership of the land around the stadium and lease it to others to run bars and restaurants.

Back