• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Famous Spurs Fans

Sourness often speaks favourably of us and I've always felt there is more than a bit of fandom for us lurking underneath.
But he is also (deliberately imo) crafting a reputation of being the harsh, speak-your-mind, suffer-no-fools , miserable critic. So he'll criticise us to make a point but I think there is a bit of a soft spot for us all the same.

Yeah similar to Roy Keane in that regard, I always felt he was gutted Sugar did not let Venables sign him.

No you are 100% correct,

Thought it was because he had the hump with the sh*t the fans gave him

Hah, I remember that game well, but strangely I do not remember that Armstrong got abuse by some of our fans (but I have since read about it).

I wonder how much our current team would hammer that team. Would've be a slaughter, I reckon. :p

Hasley was the ref. Wasn't he the clam who gave Birmingham a pen when Robbie Savage leapt onto Anthony Gardener's back in our penalty area? A 1 nil defeat and getting out of that brickhole takes forever to add insult to injury....

Johnny Buckland, lead guitarist and co-founder of a little band I went to see in Japan recently. Called Coldplay.

I only found out while watching a 2009 documentary and Chris 'clocked' Johnny watching a Spurs game whilst writing a song. Called Yellow.

Was an awesome concert; got a ticket via a lottery and had to wait two hours before the concert to pick up the tickets, lol. No worries, trained for that getting in early and standing at the Paxton end in the 1980s, haha.

Hi Johnny !

Johnny Buckland, lead guitarist and co-founder of a little band I went to see in Japan recently. Called Coldplay.

I only found out while watching a 2009 documentary and Chris 'clocked' Johnny watching a Spurs game whilst writing a song. Called Yellow.

Was an awesome concert; got a ticket via a lottery and had to wait two hours before the concert to pick up the tickets, lol. No worries, trained for that getting in early and standing at the Paxton end in the 1980s, haha.

Hi Johnny !

I feel nauseous

The Coldplay Army in full effect!

conservative-interns.jpg

The band Lush from the 90s were huge Spurs fans, as were the members of Moose. They actually all formed a group together with Cocteau Twins' drummer Simon Raymonde (another yiddo) called The Lillies. The Lillies only produced one song, called "And David Seaman Will Be Very Disappointed About That..." which was attached as a flexi-disc to an edition of The Spur fanzine.

Chris Acland...lovely, quiet, unassuming fellow. Lush's drummer. Big supporter. RIP :-(

Stephanie Dosen, terrific singer and lovely to look at too. There is something about her. Turned into a rabid yiddo by Simon Raymonde.

Can't be bothered to trawl through the thread, but in case it hasn't been mentioned already Nicky Wire from the Manics is a proper one of us.

Back