• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Famous Spurs Fans

Some of the treatment he got was harsh and over the top
He had a decent record for us

He had decent ability. It worked well for a while (1996-7 season IIRC) - him being the mobile CF pulling wide a lot (a WF ahead of his time), while Sheringham got into the box from #10. He suffered from not being a classic 'fox-in-the-box' in the era of Fowlers and Andy Coles, and from being 'not Klinsmann'.

He had decent ability. It worked well for a while (1996-7 season IIRC) - him being the mobile CF pulling wide a lot (a WF ahead of his time), while Sheringham got into the box from #10. He suffered from not being a classic 'fox-in-the-box' in the era of Fowlers and Andy Coles, and from being 'not Klinsmann'.

Massively the latter... He wasn't Jurgen and would never be

suppose this is the most relevant thread for this:

WcN82N4.jpg

Im not sure... It doesn't really look like him to me?

BkPO-NOIIAAu9Xu.jpg

That picture on the right has to be a good ten years old now - hard to tell cos of all the hair but looks like him to me

I was pretty young when he played for us but can remember copying his goal celebration as a kid, where he didn't celebrate and looked grumpy.

Was this something he did or was my childhood memory based on nothing?

The band Lush from the 90s were huge Spurs fans, as were the members of Moose. They actually all formed a group together with Cocteau Twins' drummer Simon Raymonde (another yiddo) called The Lillies. The Lillies only produced one song, called "And David Seaman Will Be Very Disappointed About That..." which was attached as a flexi-disc to an edition of The Spur fanzine.

Great to welcome Micky Flanagan to White Hart Lane this afternoon. We hope you enjoyed it as much as we did! #COYS
C-rzvYbUAAAwxi6.jpg

Graeme Souness? Did anyone else watch that NLD 'Boots Are Off' program with Souness, Ledley and Thierry Henry? Souness referred to himself and Ledley as 'us Spurs fans'.

Souness has been enough of a fan of our teams in the past to have raided us for falco, Roberts and gough that can think of off the top if my head.
Players we could well have done with keeping thank you very much.

Sourness often speaks favourably of us and I've always felt there is more than a bit of fandom for us lurking underneath.
But he is also (deliberately imo) crafting a reputation of being the harsh, speak-your-mind, suffer-no-fools , miserable critic. So he'll criticise us to make a point but I think there is a bit of a soft spot for us all the same.

Back