• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup 5th Round - home to Palace

you always want to be at home in the cup, should be a good atmosphere, they'll probably have all of the south stand

Friday night game for us pleasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse

Doubt it Mark. If we progress in the EL there will be a match on that Thursday. Dont think TV would take the risk of picking ours,Uniteds or Liverpool for the friday, as mentioned above, they dont think of the fans so no doubt Friday will be Bournemouth v Everton

No chance as we play in Italy on Thursday!

The conspiracy theories will be out in force of that happens.

Although I'm sure we played in Seville and then away at Chelsea midday on Saturday!

Indeed we did 12.45pm ko too. Absolute joke of a decision

It's Europa League that week, so Liverpool, ManU and Tottenham have Thursday games, all away too, so would expect all three to play on Sunday.

Agree. Although Liverpool arent through yet I doubt they will gamble on them not getting through. I'll go for

Friday. Bournemouth v Everton
Sat TV Chelsea/City Ars/Hull
Sat 3pm Wat/Leeds Reading's match Blackburn v WH/Liverpool (prov)
Sun TV Shrews/United Tott/Palace

Good draw....better home than away anyhow....we've beaten Palace twice already this season so have the psychological edge.

Woolwich play Barcelona the following Tuesday so would always have had a saturday game anyway; we could potentially play Monday night - we played Mon-Thurs-Sun in Nov v Villa/Anderlecht/woolwich especially as they're all home games.

Our February schedule now looks:

Sun 14th: Emirates Marketing Project (a) PL
Thurs 18th: Fiorentina (a) EL
Sun 21st: Crystal Palace (h) FAC
Thurs 25th: Fiorentina (h) EL
Sun 28th: Swansea C (h) PL
Tues 2nd March: Spammers (a) PL
Sat 5th March: Woolwich (h) PL

GHod knows when a Palace replay would be if we get through Fiorentina as the R16 games are 8th and 15th March.

Not too bad having Palace at home in the FA Cup 5th Round. But wish we got drawn with non-PL team instead. Pochettino has been rotating the squad in the FA Cup and so it will be a difficult match against another PL team, just like Leicester in Round 3. And then there is the return of Adebayor who no doubt will be fired up against us. Let's hope we will use the home advantage and beat them to progress to the quarter finals.

Now is the time to stop resting players in the FA Cup. It's the 5th round now, we win this and we're just one match from Wembley. We are closer to winning the FA Cup than we are to winning the Europa League (9 games away). I'd be OK with resting Dembele and the full backs, but I hope Alli, Kane and Alderweireld start.

History means diddlysquat. I still remember him scoring for City against the Scum and then running the whole length of the field to celebrate in front of their fans. Massive dingdonghead. Certainly don't want the same to happen to us.

Do you remember the other two games Ade played against Arsenal that season? Of course not. Confirmation bias.

Bad feeling about this one. They know they won't get relegated but neither will they finish in the European spots via the league, so the cup is their top priority this season (believe Pardew has said as much). We've beaten them twice but they came a matter of goal line technology away from beating us in the last game and now they have a disgruntled ex-employee of ours who has a habit of scoring against his former sides leading the line...

Another tinkle easy home draw for Arsenal against a lower league side...

I'll take Palace at home rather than Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea, Scum or United. You can't complain too much with a home tie against a team lower in the league than ourselves.

Based on what?
1 goal in his last 6 seasons of fa cup games (11 matches)

Because we're his old club? He never exactly did it for us against Arsenal or City. He played in two 5-2 defeats, a 6-0 defeat and a 5-1 defeat.

In all fairness his record against us is actually very good. I can only think of one game where he didn't score which was when we beat City 3-0. There might be a few others but he scores against us quite a lot.

In all fairness his record against us is actually very good. I can only think of one game where he didn't score which was when we beat City 3-0. There might be a few others but he scores against us quite a lot.

This, unfortunately. We all know what a motivated Ade can do. If only temporarily.

He did have a smashing record against us when he played for Arsenal. Scoring against us 7 games on the bounce at one point. But its down to scoring in only 1 of his last 6 games against us.

As for his record against ex teams. He's scored in 3 of the 16 games he'd played against ex team since he left Arsenal.

I'll take Palace at home rather than Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea, Scum or United. You can't complain too much with a home tie against a team lower in the league than ourselves.

So we should be happy with any draw at home except City then?

We got an awful draw first round, very good draw next, then this one is prob average. Would be nice if Arsenal got a dodgy one somewhere along the line, if they run out of lower league teams to play at home will they just get a bye?

So we should be happy with any draw at home except City then?

We got an awful draw first round, very good draw next, then this one is prob average. Would be nice if Arsenal got a dodgy one somewhere along the line, if they run out of lower league teams to play at home will they just get a bye?

In the Emirates FA Cup....I doubt it.

3 home ties for the the team that wear shirts saying Fly Emirates playing at the Emirates. Luck of the draw??

Back