• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup 2016/17

Must say we have been given a generous route to the quarter final so far, but Arsenal! Jesus fudging christ! Sutton then Lincoln. Giroud will probably get 97th minute winners in both games.

I've only been to one against Millwall - the only time my younger brother went to the Lane with me.

It might well have been early 78 in the 2nd division, which would make him 15.

We met at the old Booking Office/platform arrangement at Liverpool Street and boarded a pretty full carriage - seated apart and it filled up to overflowing. No-one had any colours on, and we were just reading the morning's papers.

Only as the train set off and the conversationas around and between us turned to recent punch-ups and pitch incursions did we twig those hadn't been our fixtures, and we were among .... them !. We two made eye contact and concentrated on the papers, while at every station our fellow travellers filled the door windows (back in those days) and distributed/hurled stones, abuse, and golf balls at anyone on the platforms - who quite reasonably opted to catch a later service. Seven Sisters was heaving and rich pickings were had by the undermensche.

We filed down the steps at WHL, and stepped smartly aside as the yobs were corraled by polic, with dogs and horses. Not a comfortable environment.

I'll still bid for tickets this time

I was at that game ( if i remember we drew 3-3), it kicked off big time at Seven Sisters after the game.

Another game in London, i remember when we won it in 82 we played all of our ties in London ( apart from the semi at Villa Park) a good omen for another trophy? ( i really hope so as its been a while).

Been reading a couple of Millwall forums, and it seems, maybe not very surprisingly, quite a few thugs looking for fights will travel.

When was the last time we met them? They seem to reference and old feud dating a few years back. I can't remember us having played Millwall in my time as a spurs fan (since 91).

2001 in a testimonial it kicked off massively at their gaff

We smashed the whole area up apparently. Improved it no end.

leicester to put in an official complaint about the Millwall fans on Saturday.

Kick them out I say :)

Or give their fans a one-match cup ban....

I was at this absurdity of a match a few years back, Millwall against Sheffield Wednesday, Millwall think they score, and somehow doesn't register that the ref has given a freekick to Wednesday (just look at how long it takes most of them to realize they haven't scored), so Wednesday attack and score instead.

Mayhem ensued, people on the stands where we were sitting (right behind the goal Wednesday scored at) started fighting with one another (all Millwall fans) and the stewards, and soon the police as well. Quite a few people were arrested, and at the end of the game, when the ref went off the pitch, there was just a blister of things being thrown at him from all over the stand. Complete fudging chaos. It was super hostile after the match. My friend had a Spurs-jersey under his coat (for whatever reason) and was a bit nervous when we left, haha. I don't think I've ever witnessed what seemed like an entire crowd just going bonkers like that. So many aggressive idiots, you'd think you were in a high security prison or something.

Read a bit online suggesting that Millwall really hate Spurs, does anyone old enough to remember us playing them know the history behind this?

Read a bit online suggesting that Millwall really hate Spurs, does anyone old enough to remember us playing them know the history behind this?

:D seems like every club hates us. I can't help but think some of our fans don't do the club any favours for two reasons:

1) Violence - I honestly believe we're nowhere near as bad as West Ham for example but our fans don't exactly shy away from a ruck. Arsenal for example don't have the same reputation and the Tottenham firm was one of the top firms AFAIK
2) We definitely have some deluded supporters in our fanbase. I wouldn't say we're the worst but we must easily be in the top 10.

We're a well run club that doesn't spend beyond our means and we have always tried to play attacking football for the most part. Can't think of too many reasons people would dislike the club itself and whilst we have had some players who dived on occasion, we've never had a real clam like Suarez, Costa or John Terry. The only other factor I can see is the fans.

Last edited:

just that both clubs have a similar level of 'hardcore/hooligan' support and have clashed many times over the years - (that's not to say that our general support is anything like theirs just that the hardcore element of our fan base is more than a match for theirs, believe it or not as mainstream reputation doesn't really paint that picture of us)

just that both clubs have a similar level of 'hardcore/hooligan' support and have clashed many times over the years - (that's not to say that our general support is anything like theirs just that the hardcore element of our fan base is more than a match for theirs, believe it or not as mainstream reputation doesn't really paint that picture of us)

Yep. Don't be surprised if this is a 80s throwback clash. It appears they've been waiting for a day out at 'ours' for a fair while.

At least there are no replays in this round. A midweek replay at the Den would be horrid. The problem with Millwall is almost all of them are capable of being complete clams.

It will be interesting to see the arrangements for this one and how the club and OB are gonna deal with it.

Yep. Don't be surprised if this is a 80s throwback clash. It appears they've been waiting for a day out at 'ours' for a fair while.

At least there are no replays in this round. A midweek replay at the Den would be horrid. The problem with Millwall is almost all of them are capable of being complete clams.

It will be interesting to see the arrangements for this one and how the club and OB are gonna deal with it.

i expect it will be similar to the Cardiff City league cup games from a few years back - fence off the away area and divert Spurs fans through Bromley Road. Will be harder to police though i would have thought as they are a London club and wont all be travelling the same way.

i imagine it's going to be total carnage tbh

i expect it will be similar to the Cardiff City league cup games from a few years back - fence off the away area and divert Spurs fans through Bromley Road. Will be harder to police though i would have thought as they are a London club and wont all be travelling the same way.

i imagine it's going to be total carnage tbh

Good thing WHL is being torn down anyway then which will offset any damage they might do to the stadium.

Back