• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup 2016/17

So the SFs could be Chelsea / Arsenal / Spurs / Emirates Marketing Project - so much for the magic of the cup. Come on you Sutton and/or Lincoln.

Millwall home for us. Scum against another non league side! fudging hell, how lucky are they. We can't complain too much though!
Shame they weren't drawn away to Lincoln. Two away trips to non-league oppo would have been fun watching. Potential final nails in the Wenger coffin. Oh well.

Tbh although Arsenal get two successive games against non league opposition, we haven't had it bad either. Villa, Wycombe Millwall at home, Fulham away.

Thinking logically (yes I know this is the FA)

Bearing in mind the next round of the EL is either side of the FA Cup, they cant gamble on us (or United) going out on Thursday. So I would guess both our matches will be the Sunday matches.
With ours being a London derby and potential trouble, I can see ours being the 1.30pm kick-off and Chelsea v United 4.30pm (later in case of ET in our match).

Also, the possibility of Leicester City away getting postponed until the penultimate match of the season just got higher with that draw. Oh yes, things are lining up nicely

Been reading a couple of Millwall forums, and it seems, maybe not very surprisingly, quite a few thugs looking for fights will travel.

When was the last time we met them? They seem to reference and old feud dating a few years back. I can't remember us having played Millwall in my time as a spurs fan (since 91).

Been reading a couple of Millwall forums, and it seems, maybe not very surprisingly, quite a few thugs looking for fights will travel.

When was the last time we met them? They seem to reference and old feud dating a few years back. I can't remember us having played Millwall in my time as a spurs fan (since 91).
2001 in a testimonial it kicked off massively at their gaff

Lincoln cant lose now. Either they get a trip to the Emirates which they wanted or they get a great chance of a place in the semis
A non league vs non league QF would be fantastic. Won't happen of course, but you never know. And if you're a non league team in the semi, imagine how pumped up you'd be - you could cause problems for anyone knowing the extremely unlikely FA cup final is only one win away.

Bloody lucky Arse though.

And with it being the fa cup the away allocation will be large. With the north east corner gone I think we have been giving less to away fans in the fa cup BUT what that means is the south stand having a split rather than the whole stand for visitors. This might not actually be ideal in this case.

I can see this as carnage. They will come with the mindless intent as they always do on a 'big' day. 10 am kick off (Sunday league style) would be sensible.:)

I've only been to one against Millwall - the only time my younger brother went to the Lane with me.

It might well have been early 78 in the 2nd division, which would make him 15.

We met at the old Booking Office/platform arrangement at Liverpool Street and boarded a pretty full carriage - seated apart and it filled up to overflowing. No-one had any colours on, and we were just reading the morning's papers.

Only as the train set off and the conversationas around and between us turned to recent punch-ups and pitch incursions did we twig those hadn't been our fixtures, and we were among .... them !. We two made eye contact and concentrated on the papers, while at every station our fellow travellers filled the door windows (back in those days) and distributed/hurled stones, abuse, and golf balls at anyone on the platforms - who quite reasonably opted to catch a later service. Seven Sisters was heaving and rich pickings were had by the undermensche.

We filed down the steps at WHL, and stepped smartly aside as the yobs were corraled by polic, with dogs and horses. Not a comfortable environment.

I'll still bid for tickets this time

Last edited:
Back