• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup 2016/17

I would do almost the same as we did against Villa, we are playing against even weaker opponents this time. In the 'away' table for League 2, they sit 14th. They are 5th overall, but only 3 points separate 9th from 5th.

What I would do differently is not play Toby and play 4231, starting N'Koudou.

-------------vorm
trippier----ccv----wimmer----davies
----------dier------winks
--son--------sissoko-------n'koudou
------------janssen

Keep a couple of big hitters on the bench, just in case. But that XI should be way too good for an average League 2 team. Be patient, don't make silly errors and we'd win by a couple of goals again imo.

We beat Gillingham 5-0 in the league cup and they are a division above Wycombe, in League 1. Our team in that game was:

-------------vorm
trippier----ccv----wimmer----davies
----------carroll------winks
---onomah----eriksen-----lamela
------------janssen

More creativity in that XI than the potential one I named above, but the same back 5, and Dier in for Carroll makes us more solid. N'koudou deserves a start imo and Sissoko and Son will need the game time, as does Janssen. If we can't give these players the minutes in games like Wycombe at home, then when can we?

What a boring draw all round.
Agreed, what a boring cup until the semi's.

Someone said Wigan had won it the other day? Ha that is funny. And implied Portsmouth did... did they? I don't remember, the competition is very low rent now.

All the decent teams in Europe play a load of reserves until the semis. Ah well, I'll be cheering if we lift the famous trophy aloft, but it won't be 5% of the joy I felt when Gary Mabbutt lifted it in 91

Agreed, what a boring cup until the semi's.

Someone said Wigan had won it the other day? Ha that is funny. And implied Portsmouth did... did they? I don't remember, the competition is very low rent now.

All the decent teams in Europe play a load of reserves until the semis. Ah well, I'll be cheering if we lift the famous trophy aloft, but it won't be 5% of the joy I felt when Gary Mabbutt lifted it in 91
It will be a lot higher than 5%, I guarantee. Don't be fooled into thinking that this sport is about anything other than glory.

It will be a lot higher than 5%, I guarantee. Don't be fooled into thinking that this sport is about anything other than glory.

The competition has fallen in pedigree in the last couple of decades though which is only natural when football is now set up so that the Champions League is the main money maker.

But I think some on this forum have started slating the competition because Arsenal have won it twice in recent years.

Wigan's Manager Warren Joyce used to be the Manager of the United Reserve team.

There's your back story for BT Sport to show the match (if they needed one!!)

Wigan's Manager Warren Joyce used to be the Manager of the United Reserve team.

There's your back story for BT Sport to show the match (if they needed one!!)

Love to see what sort of convoluting reason bt/beeb will say to show the man ure game,surely this has to be the end for at least one round of them being on!!!......people are starting to notice now lol......

Love to see what sort of convoluting reason bt/beeb will say to show the man ure game,surely this has to be the end for at least one round of them being on!!!......people are starting to notice now lol......

They have it, see above.

Headline will be 'Joyce returns to former Club in plum tie of the round'

Nailed on for TV

When will the tv games be announced, is it this week ??

Last round they were announced on the Thursday afternoon after the draw. But there was more time between the day the draw was made and last weekend, so maybe we could hear earlier to allow more time for the policing to get sorted, bearing in mind the next round is just over 2 weeks off

Much as it's against the odds the TV companies are probably waiting to see the result of Liverpool replay as they may not want to televise Plymouth v Wolves.

mmmm?

Date and Ticket deatils announced on club website. Club has announced the match will be played on the Saturday (no real surprise there with Sunderland on Tues), but it says ko time is TBC.
So are we to assume the club has advised BT Sport and the Beeb, that if we are selected for TV coverage, we must be the Sat lunch or Sat evening kick-off.

£20 a ticket, about right

edit: Just been on Wycombe website they confirm the match has not been selected for coverage and will ko at 3pm, subject to final confirmation. And they have been given 4035 tickets

mmmm?

Date and Ticket deatils announced on club website. Club has announced the match will be played on the Saturday (no real surprise there with Sunderland on Tues), but it says ko time is TBC.
So are we to assume the club has advised BT Sport and the Beeb, that if we are selected for TV coverage, we must be the Sat lunch or Sat evening kick-off.

£20 a ticket, about right

edit: Just been on Wycombe website they confirm the match has not been selected for coverage and will ko at 3pm, subject to final confirmation. And they have been given 4035 tickets

That's a good allocation for them, it's about their average gate.

Friday 27 January

Derby County v Leicester City (7.55pm) – BBC One

Saturday 28 January

Liverpool or Plymouth Argyle v Wolverhampton Wanderers (12.30pm) – BT Sport 2

Norwich City or Southampton v Arsenal (5.30pm) – BT Sport 2

Sunday 29 January

Millwall v Watford (12.00pm) – BBC One

Sutton United or AFC Wimbledon v Leeds United (2.00pm) – BT Sport 2

Bolton Wanderers v Emirates Marketing Project* (4.00pm) – BBC One

* BBC will show Manchester United v Wigan if Crystal Palace beat Bolton in FA Cup third-round replay

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ersus-Wigan-NOT-shown-live.html#ixzz4Vg2uTES1
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back