• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

“Everybody in the club, all eyes on us, all eyes on us"

Despite being a proud Dubliner, I spent a big chunk of my life in North London (like my father before me). I admit that I do not understand anyone who would prefer to see Arsenal do badly than see Spurs do well. That's insane in my view. But I equally don't understand the fans who say "I don't care how Arsenal do". Fair enough, and I'm not having a go... but seeing Arsenal lose 4-0 put a real smile on my face yesterday (above and beyond what the same result for Emirates Marketing Project would have felt like). Not saying it would have made up for us losing (it wouldn't have), but if you're saying you genuinely don't care how Arsenal do... then you're saying that 4-0 result didn't make you grin precisely *because* it happened to Arsenal.

I think you're missing out on what makes a rivalry special... but each to their own.

A Spurs vs Arsenal question.

Would you prefer Spurs to finish second this season behind Arsenal or third behind Emirates Marketing Project and Arsenal?

Despite being a proud Dubliner, I spent a big chunk of my life in North London (like my father before me). I admit that I do not understand anyone who would prefer to see Arsenal do badly than see Spurs do well. That's insane in my view. But I equally don't understand the fans who say "I don't care how Arsenal do". Fair enough, and I'm not having a go... but seeing Arsenal lose 4-0 put a real smile on my face yesterday (above and beyond what the same result for Emirates Marketing Project would have felt like). Not saying it would have made up for us losing (it wouldn't have), but if you're saying you genuinely don't care how Arsenal do... then you're saying that 4-0 result didn't make you grin precisely *because* it happened to Arsenal.

I think you're missing out on what makes a rivalry special... but each to their own.

Spot on. Whilst watching the Goons get spanked wouldn't have compensated for Spurs dropping points, it was the icing on the cake yesterday!

Would you prefer Spurs to finish second this season behind Arsenal or third behind Emirates Marketing Project and Arsenal?
Out of those 2 options I'd go for B.

As we'd still get a CL spot and have our highest league finish since the 1980s but the Goons would once again squander a good opportunity to win the title.

Third place would be a success for us this season. The extra happiness I'd feel finishing second probably wouldn't compensate for Arsenal finishing as champions. So option B for me. But I'd happily finish 3rd and have Arsenal finish 1st, rather than Spurs finish 5th with them finishing 3rd.

Hmmm, whilst I'd like us to get into the CL again, there's no guarantee that we'd have another glorious run to the quarter-finals to distract us from the fact that the gobby Goons would be the champions of England in that scenario and Chav Wheelchair would get his grubby hands on the trophy.

Think I'd need to see Spurs lift the FA Cup &/or Europa Cup as compensation!

Hmmm, whilst I'd like us to get into the CL again, there's no guarantee that we'd have another glorious run to the quarter-finals to distract us from the fact thatthe gobby Goons would be the champions of England in that scenario and Chav Wheelchair would get his grubby hands on the trophy.

Think I'd need to see Spurs lift the FA Cup &/or Europa Cup as compensation!

Phuck me, that is a truly horrible thought!

Phuck me, that is a truly horrible thought!
It was difficult enough trying to avoid the press coverage of him chanting brick at their FA Cup victory parade and having to listen to all the gobby Goons who've come out the woodwork over the past 18 months since they ended their trophy drought.

So I can only imagine the tabloid / Sky Sports tossfest plus deluge of plastics that will descend upon my neck of the woods should the Goons finally end their 12 year wait for a league title :eek:

As I've said before I don't hate Woolwich, but as they now are our local rivals I want to do better than them and do have a little smile when they fail. I just do not get this obsession with teams or entertainers, I have people I care far more for in my life.

Third place would be a success for us this season. The extra happiness I'd feel finishing second probably wouldn't compensate for Arsenal finishing as champions. So option B for me. But I'd happily finish 3rd and have Arsenal finish 1st, rather than Spurs finish 5th with them finishing 3rd.
I wouldn't mind finishing 5th with them 6th. But would rather get CL, no matter where the Scum finish and next year with a stronger side I'm sure we'll be pushing for the top. If we finish close to them and are in the top 3 this season, which is supposed to be a transitional one, then I think it would be a huge success.

The real question that would be most appropriate to this thread however should be:

Which would you prefer of the following -

1. Arsenal first and Spurs third (automatic CL)

2. Arsenal second and Spurs fourth (CL qualifier).

As I've said before I don't hate Woolwich, but as they now are our local rivals I want to do better than them and do have a little smile when they fail. I just do not get this obsession with teams or entertainers, I have people I care far more for in my life.

I'm struggling to understand what you are trying to say. I don't wish any of the people associated with arsenal any harm, it's just that in a footballing context I dislike them passionately. If you are saying you don't care if we best them in every possible way then I don't think you truly understand the rivalry.

Btw for me north london constitutes Haringey, Islington, Barnet and Enfield. Anywhere that has an NW postcode doesn't count imo. I was born in Finsbury park, lived as a kid in Green Lanes Harringay and now reside 2 miles from the ground in Enfield.

There is no doubt having a close local rival means you get to support two clubs without being one of those toss half and half scarf types. We support Spurs and whoever the scum are playing. Two teams. I don't share the bile of hate towards gooners, once the game is over, let it be. There are a host of younger glory hunting scum idiot fans, but then there will be with Spurs if we get successful. Enjoy having a close rival, it enhances being a fan.

bugger all these scenario's....we are only 4 points behind them with them to come to White Hart Lane......

I say as long as we have breath in our bodies and the will to fight them I suggest we go for the title! We just need to hang on in there.

Champions league would be amazing but we are in with a shot at the big prize! It is not about hate for Le Arse....its about glory for Spurs!

There's a few saying they want City to win tonight because they want them to finish above Arsenal.

I want City to lose so we stand a better chance of finishing as high up as possible.

There's a few saying they want City to win tonight because they want them to finish above Arsenal.

I want City to lose so we stand a better chance of finishing as high up as possible.

THAT is the exact mentality and the fixation I was referring to in the opening post.

I do want City to win tonight; but obviously not for the reason you mention. With two losses on the trot, I suspect much of the wind will be taken out of Leicester's sails - which would be exactly what we want to happen before our double-bill against them next month.

THAT is the exact mentality and the fixation I was referring to in the opening post.

I do want City to win tonight; but obviously not for the reason you mention. With two losses on the trot, I suspect much of the wind will be taken out of Leicester's sails - which would be exactly what we want to happen before our double-bill against them next month.

My feelings as well.

I'd like the Scum to be top of the table come March

Have them come to the lane, we spank them and they go into one of their famous end of season spirals and end season with nothing ...

Back