• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

“Everybody in the club, all eyes on us, all eyes on us"

Maltese Falcon

Niko Kranjcar
Now, I accept that - even having lived a year in N17 during my student days - from more than 2000 kilometers away, I can never really understand all the nuances of the local rivalry across North London

However I still remain baffled by the complete fixation among so many of our fans on Arsenal. Rivalry across divides happens all around the world; I just look a few hundreds of miles north at the pure hatred across Rome and Milan in Italy. But in our case, I almost get the impression that a proportion of fans almost prefer Arsenal failing, to us succeeding. I never understood, for example, those fans wanting us to lose at Old Trafford in 1999 - just to ensure that Arsenal did not win the title. I can never bring myself to want Spurs to lose any match, just to spite another team - which ever that team is.

I almost believe that we had gotten so accustomed to failure in our own team, in mediocrity and also-rans, that - for some - their only hope for achievement were the failures of our rivals.

Poch has clearly changed the loser culture throughout the squad; hopefully he can do the same throughout the support....

‘It’s not important what Arsenal do’ Spurs boss laughs off Gunners comparison

http://www.london24.com/sport/footb..._boss_laughs_off_gunners_comparison_1_4360061

Tom Allnutt

upload_2015-12-26_10-9-21.png

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino wants his players to heed the words of Britney Spears and ignore Arsenal’s title challenge this season.

Spurs are on track to finish in the top four for the first time since 2012 but their thunder could be stolen if their bitter north London rivals win the league. Pochettino, however, is not bothered if the Gunners are crowned champions and quoted Britney Spears’ single with Will.I.Am - ‘Scream and Shout’ - to demonstrate the point.

“I think it’s like what Britney Spears and Will.I.Am sing: ‘everybody in the club, all eyes on us, all eyes on us’,” Pochettino said. “Because it’s not important what Arsenal do. For me it’s important to assess our season and how we can compare with us not how we compare with another team. “If you finish in the top four it’s a success because it means we will have improved on last season.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment it probably comes from not living in the UK and having that claps proximity to Arse fans, Chelsea fans etc...

You need that close contact, the debates and arguments to get it IMO

The key comment you made though was there are plenty who would rather see them suffer over us doing well and that's something I don't get. If you look at the league cup game earlier this season there was a really mixed set of views.

There were those of us non plussed with the team choice as we knew that the league game was the priority (and boy was that good).

And there were loads that were almost disgusted that we didn't play our best 11.

It like a lot of things ... A matter of opinions and views and that's what makes life interesting/demanding.

Frankly, Arsenal doing well is much better for us than them doing badly. We only seem to get fired up when Arsenal win things and go complacent when they don't.

If we achieve/surpass our targets then i can deal with them winning the league - however if they make the most of City/United/Chelsea having an off year and we don't then it will be rather annoying

Still remember the days of our fans cheering Man Utd goals at White Hart Lane in April because it would stop Arsenal winning the league? Really hope we never have to see something like that again. At least now I'd hope that any end of season game for us may actually hold more significance than the difference of finishing 9th or 10th.

Have to say, there have been a lot of "sexy" moments over the past decade but getting our highest ever PL finish only for it to be overshadowed by Arsenal winning the title would be unbearable. Can you imagine if we finished 2nd behind them? Regardless of how much we'd want to focus on ourselves and how we'd surpassed all expectations - you know they'd make that title win about beating us, and so would the media.

Still remember the days of our fans cheering Man Utd goals at White Hart Lane in April because it would stop Arsenal winning the league? Really hope we never have to see something like that again. At least now I'd hope that any end of season game for us may actually hold more significance than the difference of finishing 9th or 10th.

Have to say, there have been a lot of "sexy" moments over the past decade but getting our highest ever PL finish only for it to be overshadowed by Arsenal winning the title would be unbearable. Can you imagine if we finished 2nd behind them? Regardless of how much we'd want to focus on ourselves and how we'd surpassed all expectations - you know they'd make that title win about beating us, and so would the media.

I'd be delighted at finishing second, unless it was close to the wire and we narrowly missed out on the title

What I'm really encouraged by is that each game players come on, show an increased level. You can only put it down to Poch and his staff. Today, Alli. Before Dembele, before that Kane..not to mention Carol. All eyes on them, and they are delivering. Baby steps.

My GHod...........

......our musical taste as a team is just all sorts of messed up - Kane plays Bieber in the dressing room, Poch quotes Britney Spears....

o_O

We should focus on the next game and concentrate on winning that. Focusing on a title push now would only increase the pressure on the players.

Well how else do you try for a title other than trying to win each game as it comes? I don't think our players or manager are stupid, they will know that this is a season where we do have a chance at the league. There's no pressure on us though, because nobody expects it from us.

I dont care what they do really. Wouldnt want them to win anything but doesnt bother me if they did. They dont have many c u n t players anymore. Walcott & Wheelchair apart

Back