• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2017/18

Cologne score & German fans celebrating throughout the home areas in front of press box. Arsenal fans now demanding the stewards remove them

Cologne score & German fans celebrating throughout the home areas in front of press box. Arsenal fans now demanding the stewards remove them

Reminds a bit of when we played Wisla Krakow in the Uefa back in 2008. I was in the Upper Paxton and it felt like half the stand celebrated when they scored. It got rather uncomfortable that night

DJtjz6hW0AE9Tgc.jpg

mtEztJg.gif

Wenger just looks too old for this sh1t now, I don't think he's got it in him anymore but was too stubborn to leave when most thought he should have done (end of last season).

Should be kicked out for that to be honest. If it were an English team they would be.
Luckily there wasn't much of a disturbance and it appears nobody was seriously injured, but both clubs must bear some of the blame for this situation, they must have been aware of the number of Cologne fans coming and if Arsenal allowed thousands of Germans to become members and sold them tickets (as I've seen alleged) they have acted in a very irresponsible way.

Only 3000 seats for 20000 ish people (tiny bit of an over estimation:eek:)......and no way of stopping them.

arsenal sold 3000 tickets to Koln fans in the away end

and around 15000 tickets to people with german addresses in the Cologne area(many of whom were new members) for the home end

no one without a valid match ticket got into the stadium

only 4 people were arrested according to the press

arsenal sold 3000 tickets to Koln fans in the away end

and around 15000 tickets to people with german addresses in the Cologne area(many of whom were new members) for the home end

no one without a valid match ticket got into the stadium

only 4 people were arrested according to the press

Please dont get me wrong - it was a monumental roosterup from Arsenal FC.

Did not know "15000 tickets to people with german addresses in the Cologne area" :oops:

Please dont get me wrong - it was a monumental roosterup from Arsenal FC.

Did not know "15000 tickets to people with german addresses in the Cologne area" :oops:

firstly, thats a number I've garnered from reports in the guardian, it may not be accurate, but how many tickets can touts realistically get hold of in this day and age, all seats not taken up by arsenal season ticket holders must surely have been brokered by arsenal

is it a roosterup, they had a product and they sold it, in addition they apparently sold a lot of scarves and shirts to german fans trying to ease their entry

people need to grow up, we need to get beyond the tribalism, there were Dortmund fans going in the same entrance as me on Wednesday, I chatted to a couple, it's fine, it's only a game

if you are the kind of person who gets angry when a child a few rows in front of you celebrates a goal scored by another team you shouldn't really be leaving your house

Back