• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2013-14: Dnipro (UKR), Benfica (POR)/PAOK (GRE)

Re: Europa League 2013-14 - Group Stage Draw Friday 1300 CET

This is what you can expect if it's any later than October:

7007999603_62a21434cb_b.jpg

London - Tromsø: 2262 km
London - Makhachkala: 3659 km
London - Tirsapol: 2210 km

London - Tromsø: 2262 km
London - Makhachkala: 3659 km
London - Tirsapol: 2210 km

Uefa havent let Anzhi play any game in Makhachkala due to " the security situation in Dagestan and the North Caucasus". It will be in Moscow.

So Tromsø are number 10 in their league in Norway

Anzhi are having a firesale and havent won any of their first 6 games this season

And moldovan football is just ****

This really should be a walk in the park - but as we are Spurs, it probably wont be

Uefa havent let Anzhi play any game in Makhachkala due to " the security situation in Dagestan and the North Caucasus". It will be in Moscow.

not so bad then - at least there should be sensible hotels and facilities

So Tromsø are number 10 in their league in Norway

Anzhi are having a firesale and havent won any of their first 6 games this season

And moldovan football is just ****

This really should be a walk in the park - but as we are Spurs, it probably wont be

Agree. We've got to play weakened teams for those away games. Play 3 or 4 first choice players each game and leave the rest at home

Im sorry but that group is ****e. Its the type of group that can compromise any season especially battling it out in the upper echelons of the league.

I would at best play weakened teams in the away leg and by weakened I mean every ****in player that would have played in the league the following sunday.

Not the most glamorous ties, and some serious travelling involved for it too. On the plus side we should be able to progress playing fringe/returning players, meaning unlike last year our first team won't be exhausted for the league / cup games at the weekend.

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk 2

From a footballing perspective it's a good draw but taking into account travelling not so good.

Best tactic imo is to take the first 2-3 games serious with a good few first xi players. If it go's to plan then we can rest them later on especially with harder premier league games after europa league games 5&6.

Our current squad is certainly strong enough to field very respectable teams in the UEFA Europa League this season, without it effecting the performance of the first choice XI for Premier League matches.

And if that's not enough, we've got plenty of talented U21s who can pitch-in too.

some long as journeys here.... luckily apart from Anzhi away we should pick up wins with a team like last night!

I'll be amazed if we do not win the group

COYS

Win the 3 home games and it should be job done really unless Tromso turn out to be the whipping boys like Shamrock Rovers were a couple of years ago. As long as they are semi competitive against the other 2 teams then really we should win this groupm without too much of an issue provided we do the business in our home games.

Kind of annoyed at our draw, wanted it to be a bit more of a challenge despite the fact people see it as a hinderance. Betis and Rapid Vienna would have been my choices instead of Anzhi and Sheriff. Nicer places to visit as well being better travelling time and weather for the squad when playing away.

Im sorry but that group is ****e. Its the type of group that can compromise any season especially battling it out in the upper echelons of the league.

I would at best play weakened teams in the away leg and by weakened I mean every ****in player that would have played in the league the following sunday.

Completely agree. I've honestly never heard of the other two besides Anzhi. There are some seriously pony teams in this competition. UEFA have got to work hard on restoring the credibility of the competition, i.e. s**** the stupid CL dropout rule, make the whole tournament a knockout format and play the games on Wednesdays rather than Thursdays.

Completely agree. I've honestly never heard of the other two besides Anzhi. There are some seriously pony teams in this competition. UEFA have got to work hard on restoring the credibility of the competition, i.e. s**** the stupid CL dropout rule, make the whole tournament a knockout format and play the games on Wednesdays rather than Thursdays.

Our games wouldnt be on tv then. It would be like the carling cup blackout.

Tromso (from Wikipedia)

The Midnight Sun occurs from about 18 May to 26 July, although the mountains in the north block the view of the midnight sun for a few days, meaning that one can see the sun from about 21 May to 21 July. Owing to Tromsø's high latitude, twilight is long, meaning there is no real darkness between late April and mid-August.

The sun remains below the horizon during the Polar Night from about 26 November to 15 January, but owing to the mountains the sun is not visible from 21 November to 21 January. The return of the sun is an occasion for celebration. However, because of the twilight, there is some daylight for a couple of hours even around midwinter, often with beautiful bluish light. The nights shorten quickly, and by 21 February the sun is above the horizon from 7:45 am to 4:10 pm, and 1 April from 5:50 am to 7:50 pm (daylight saving time).

Tromso (from Wikipedia):
The sun remains below the horizon during the Polar Night from about 26 November to 15 January, but owing to the mountains the sun is not visible from 21 November to 21 January.

We play there on 28 November. Polar european night! Will have to go with the away kit not to disappear in the snow.

Back