• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Lamela is a big-game player. He always lift his game against big teams. It will help us greatly if he starts against Liverpool. Hope he will start and help us beat Liverpool.

Lamela came on today and changed the dynamic for us

We need some urgency, it's all too casual. Dier would be the first player I'd bin from the current first XI, just not good enough at anything. He was poor against Utd away and was so sloppy in possession in that game. Dropped for the next v Watford, then served up the same again today. Can't have a defensive midfielder/holding player who turns the ball over so cheaply, it sets the tone for the whole team imo.

A fully fit Winks and Wanyama to come in for Dier and Dembele might inject a bit of life into the side. We didn't sign anybody, but these two have been out for ages and could have an impact.

Lamela to start for either Eriksen or Kane, neither of them are playing well enough. I'm sure they'll both turn it around, but it might help to rotate them in and out. Moura, Son and Dele to compete for the remaining spots.

We need some urgency, it's all too casual. Dier would be the first player I'd bin from the current first XI, just not good enough at anything. He was poor against Utd away and was so sloppy in possession in that game. Dropped for the next v Watford, then served up the same again today. Can't have a defensive midfielder/holding player who turns the ball over so cheaply, it sets the tone for the whole team imo.

A fully fit Winks and Wanyama to come in for Dier and Dembele might inject a bit of life into the side. We didn't sign anybody, but these two have been out for ages and could have an impact.

Lamela to start for either Eriksen or Kane, neither of them are playing well enough. I'm sure they'll both turn it around, but it might help to rotate them in and out. Moura, Son and Dele to compete for the remaining spots.
Agree but Poch never has rested any of his favourites, I doubt he’s about to change that now....

Agree but Poch never has rested any of his favourites, I doubt he’s about to change that now....

His favourites tend to be our favourites too, and for good reason. They have done well enough to get us in the top 3 for 3 seasons running.

But if performances aren't up to scratch, Poch will be ruthless imo. His talk so far this season isn't the talk of a man with endless patience.

His favourites tend to be our favourites too, and for good reason. They have done well enough to get us in the top 3 for 3 seasons running.

But if performances aren't up to scratch, Poch will be ruthless imo. His talk so far this season isn't the talk of a man with endless patience.
That wasn’t meant to be a dig at Poch, just the ones he always plays - of course they are our best players. But I don’t think he’s ruthless when it comes to them, Kane and Eriksen have had dips in form before and he continued to play them....

That wasn’t meant to be a dig at Poch, just the ones he always plays - of course they are our best players. But I don’t think he’s ruthless when it comes to them, Kane and Eriksen have had dips in form before and he continued to play them....

I agree with you, BUT, I think Poch might take a different path this season. I might be totally wrong, but his whole attitude towards the players this season seems to be one of higher expectations (see his reaction to the Man Utd win -- he called it as basically being undeserved and the 2 performances since probably make him right).

I can't think of many teams that drop any of their best players for a run of bad form tbh - you tend to see them backed to play themselves in to form

Especially with Harry, who tends to just turn it around at about the same time every season and kill everybody from October onwards. The whole team do seem a bit stale though, Harry included.

Just as well, especially re Kane, prior to last March his tired spells have always been relatively short and followed by bumper periods when he's gone on a scoring spree.

Unfortunately this time round feels different. It's all very well saying he needs a rest but how long for? He had three weeks out following his injury last February / March yet everyone is saying he's looked tired ever since that break. Then he had a fortnight's break after the WC but that too was clearly not enough. So would yet another fortnight or so do the trick? Maybe what he really needs is a couple of months! Otherwise the risk is he comes back the same, not fully refreshed, meaning another few weeks of pain watching him struggle.

Meanwhile we lack a like-for-like replacement so any others who come in for him are unlikely to score at the rate he was before last March when he was flying. So either way, whether he plays or not, we could be in for a bumpy ride over the coming weeks.

It's a real tester for Poch.

Just as well, especially re Kane, prior to last March his tired spells have always been relatively short and followed by bumper periods when he's gone on a scoring spree.

Unfortunately this time round feels different. It's all very well saying he needs a rest but how long for? He had three weeks out following his injury last February / March yet everyone is saying he's looked tired ever since that break. Then he had a fortnight's break after the WC but that too was clearly not enough. So would yet another fortnight or so do the trick? Maybe what he really needs is a couple of months! Otherwise the risk is he comes back the same, not fully refreshed, meaning another few weeks of pain watching him struggle.

Meanwhile we lack a like-for-like replacement so any others who come in for him are unlikely to score at the rate he was before last March when he was flying. So either way, whether he plays or not, we could be in for a bumpy ride over the coming weeks.

It's a real tester for Poch.

Like you say it feels different this time, it’s gone on for far too long. He looks a shadow of himself, he’s clearly jaded and it’s easy to understand why when he carries the main load of not only scoring goals for Spurs but England too. We aren’t paid to come up with the answers, but I’m not going to subscribe to ‘Poch knows best’ on this one, he’s made plenty of mistakes, many down to his stubbornness. Whilst Kane is our talisman we have been without him for long periods and statistically had better results without him- of course would rather he was playing but we have proven our system is more important than any player and that includes Kane and right now he’s a passenger. Other top players at other clubs have been rested, and look at Hazard now he’s flying. Even just have him on the bench for a few games and bring him on if needs must. But I fear Poch is going to be his usual stubborn self and persist with him and no doubt Kane will pop up with a goal at some point and everyone will make out that he’s vindicated in continuously playing him. When in reality whether Poch or Kane himself wants to admit he has earnt and needs a proper rest.....

Like you say it feels different this time, it’s gone on for far too long. He looks a shadow of himself, he’s clearly jaded and it’s easy to understand why when he carries the main load of not only scoring goals for Spurs but England too. We aren’t paid to come up with the answers, but I’m not going to subscribe to ‘Poch knows best’ on this one, he’s made plenty of mistakes, many down to his stubbornness. Whilst Kane is our talisman we have been without him for long periods and statistically had better results without him- of course would rather he was playing but we have proven our system is more important than any player and that includes Kane and right now he’s a passenger. Other top players at other clubs have been rested, and look at Hazard now he’s flying. Even just have him on the bench for a few games and bring him on if needs must. But I fear Poch is going to be his usual stubborn self and persist with him and no doubt Kane will pop up with a goal at some point and everyone will make out that he’s vindicated in continuously playing him. When in reality whether Poch or Kane himself wants to admit he has earnt and needs a proper rest.....
It might be different this time, only time will actually tell. Right now we're two games out of August, a period where he's been consistently underperforming in terms of goals at least every single previous season.

For me the most likely outcome is him once again finding his form.

Back