• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Erik Lamela grateful to Spurs fans for raucous welcome back
by Paul Vegasa day ago

Tottenham midfielder Erik Lamela was delighted to see action in their rout of Stoke City.

Sidelined since October 2016, the Argentine midfielder was sent on for Dele Alli during the second half of Saturday's thumping 5-1 win over Stoke City at Wembley in what was his first home game since returning to action.

His introduction was met with a deafening roar of support from the Spurs faithful inside the national stadium.

“It was worth it (the hard work to return to fitness) for that," Lamela told the club's website.

“It was amazing because I worked really hard and during the time that I was injured I suffered a lot, especially mentally. It was really hard to be injured for a long time because I love to play football and I enjoy when I play so to feel the reaction from the home fans was amazing.

“It was very good to go on the pitch and feel the reaction from all the people and after that I wanted to show them something on the pitch like always, giving my best."

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...cous-welcome-back-4211382#dQkuX0tE2R0KHBM3.99

---------------------------------------------------

It was nice to hear Lamela getting the good reception when he came on against Stoke. Too bad he couldn't get himself a goal to show his appreciation. Hope he will be fully fit to start the coming matches, especially against the big teams like ManCity.

I missed watching him hare around like a madman and commit sly fouls before walking away with a disgusted look on his face. I'm not joking - it really is heartwarming to see that energy and desire from a man who's gone through a pretty grim goddamn time.

Here's to you, Coco - glad you're back.

I missed watching him hare around like a madman and commit sly fouls before walking away with a disgusted look on his face. I'm not joking - it really is heartwarming to see that energy and desire from a man who's gone through a pretty grim goddamn time.

Agree. Was wincing when he throws his hips to shield the ball though!

Amen brother, i have never seen a guy who works as hard as he does for us since SP was playing for us.

After another cameo, surely Erik Lamela starts for Tottenham Hotspur at Burnley?

The 25-year-old’s qualities and industrious nature surely make him a shoe-in to start at Turf Moor ahead of Dele Alli

One positive for Spurs during their mauling at Emirates Marketing Project on Saturday was the cameo display of Erik Lamela.

The Argentinean replaced Heung-min Son with 77 minutes on the clock at the Etihad Stadium and the hosts’ two goals ahead.

City would go on to extend their advantage further before Christian Eriksen pulled one back to make it 4-1, but not even that consolation strike could offer fans something to smile about.

Yet the substitute display of Lamela again highlighted his obvious quality and showed he has so far had no ill effects from his long spell out.

The former Roma winger created a chance straight after his introduction when he muscled his way into the City area and saw his cross cleared out to Harry Winks, but he took too long to shoot and ran the ball out of play.

It was a rare attacking foray from Spurs on a forgettable evening in Manchester, but provided an example of what Lamela is effective at.

His ability to run at defenders and beat them in one-on-one situations is something this Tottenham squad desperately lacks.

In addition to this, Lamela also has an eye for a killer pass as demonstrated during the recent 2-1 defeat at Leicester City when assisting Harry Kane’s consolation strike.

Both of the aforementioned qualities are likely to be essential to Spurs getting any type of reward from Saturday’s match at Burnley.

The Clarets have excelled this season and are currently one spot above Tottenham in sixth place after 18 Premier League games.

Burnley’s success has been built on solid foundations in defence with Sean Dyche’s men conceding just 12 goals in the division this term.

Therefore if Spurs are to get anything in Lancashire, they will have to find a way of breaking down a determined back four.

Lamela may be key to that and after starting the home win over Brighton & Hove Albion last week and showing flashes of his class at City, he deserves another chance from the off this weekend.

Dele Alli disappointed again on Saturday and Lamela’s qualities and his industrious nature surely make him a shoe-in to start at Turf Moor.

http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/sport/foot...ts-for-tottenham-hotspur-at-burnley-1-5326846

------------------------------

Lamela could have made the difference against ManCity if he had started. If Winks had scored from the chance created by Lamela, that could have put the pressure on ManCity. Even if Lamela is not fit to play full match, he should be starting and not come on late when the match is already over.

After another cameo, surely Erik Lamela starts for Tottenham Hotspur at Burnley?

The 25-year-old’s qualities and industrious nature surely make him a shoe-in to start at Turf Moor ahead of Dele Alli

One positive for Spurs during their mauling at Emirates Marketing Project on Saturday was the cameo display of Erik Lamela.

The Argentinean replaced Heung-min Son with 77 minutes on the clock at the Etihad Stadium and the hosts’ two goals ahead.

City would go on to extend their advantage further before Christian Eriksen pulled one back to make it 4-1, but not even that consolation strike could offer fans something to smile about.

Yet the substitute display of Lamela again highlighted his obvious quality and showed he has so far had no ill effects from his long spell out.

The former Roma winger created a chance straight after his introduction when he muscled his way into the City area and saw his cross cleared out to Harry Winks, but he took too long to shoot and ran the ball out of play.

It was a rare attacking foray from Spurs on a forgettable evening in Manchester, but provided an example of what Lamela is effective at.

His ability to run at defenders and beat them in one-on-one situations is something this Tottenham squad desperately lacks.

In addition to this, Lamela also has an eye for a killer pass as demonstrated during the recent 2-1 defeat at Leicester City when assisting Harry Kane’s consolation strike.

Both of the aforementioned qualities are likely to be essential to Spurs getting any type of reward from Saturday’s match at Burnley.

The Clarets have excelled this season and are currently one spot above Tottenham in sixth place after 18 Premier League games.

Burnley’s success has been built on solid foundations in defence with Sean Dyche’s men conceding just 12 goals in the division this term.

Therefore if Spurs are to get anything in Lancashire, they will have to find a way of breaking down a determined back four.

Lamela may be key to that and after starting the home win over Brighton & Hove Albion last week and showing flashes of his class at City, he deserves another chance from the off this weekend.

Dele Alli disappointed again on Saturday and Lamela’s qualities and his industrious nature surely make him a shoe-in to start at Turf Moor.

http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/sport/foot...ts-for-tottenham-hotspur-at-burnley-1-5326846

------------------------------

Lamela could have made the difference against ManCity if he had started. If Winks had scored from the chance created by Lamela, that could have put the pressure on ManCity. Even if Lamela is not fit to play full match, he should be starting and not come on late when the match is already over.

:Do_O

Damn he looks lively when he comes on, could have a good 2nd half of season if we are lucky.

2 or 3 times in last couple of games he's made brilliant runs to an open position and wasn't passed to.

Alli set him up nicely towards the end, should have scored really but it will come. Big chance to impress in the second half of the season. Will want to get a call up for Argentina.

Guess he was distracted by Kane running across his sight line when he was about to shoot but he was unfortunate that Kane and Dele both dithered on the edge of the box instead of playing him in on the 2 previous counterattacks.

Guess he was distracted by Kane running across his sight line when he was about to shoot but he was unfortunate that Kane and Dele both dithered on the edge of the box instead of playing him in on the 2 previous counterattacks.

I agree and that is how i saw it, great to see him back.

From OS

Erik Lamela visited ‘Shape Up With Spurs’, a 10-week exercise and nutrition programme designed to help local people who are above a healthy weight get fit, lose weight and feel great.
With luck one of them will teach him to use both feet.

Back