• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Lamela just disguised them better. His pass today for the goal had him shaped to pass across the box - I'm fairly sure he looked in that direction too.

Defenders can see what Eriksen's going to do, so the ball has to be so much better to clear them.
Eriksen needs to spend some time watching this video. He may not be that same kind of superstar, but every defender knows to stop him in order to stop us:

Given how we finished the game last night, I wouldn't mind seeing this team on the field soon. Poch seems to bring in different formations each season, I wonder if he'd try this one to get all our attacking big guns involved:

--------------lloris
trippier---sanchez----vert----rose
-------------winks
--------eriksen-----dele
--------------lamela
-----------kane-----son

A bit like how Rodger's Suarez Liverpool played, but I think our lineup would be stronger overall than theirs. Just a thought. Attack!

With Toby and Vic out and Lamela potentially being available going forward.....I think a return to 4 2 3 1 might be the best way forward at the mo.

It lets Dier play DCM (he does have his best games there)) andn team in there with Winks or Moose or even Eriksen when we are dominating.

Let's us get 3 behind Harry and that equals more attackers. Also this system suits tripps or Davies better (rose can play in any system) giving them more room coming forward to plant the cross.
Im not really worried about Verts and Sanchez being left as our CB pair.

Erik Lamela's league assist tally already better than Tottenham teammate Christian Eriksen's since September

Jordan Harris
@JordanHarris811

Erik Lamela made his return to the Tottenham Hotspur lineup in their most recent Premier League clash.

After more than 13 months out of the side due to injury, Erik Lamela made his return during Tottenham's Premier League clash with Leicester at the King Power Stadium on Tuesday.

And seemingly before the fans could stop applauding his introduction in the 77th minute of the game, he had already reminded fans of what he could do, with his nice pass setting up Harry Kane for Spurs' goal in the 2-1 defeat.

It was a welcome positive during what has been a poor run for Mauricio Pochettino's men, with a number of key players seemingly underperforming in recent games - and one of those players is surely Christian Eriksen.

Eriksen - the man Lamela replaced with 13 minutes to go against the Foxes - has seemingly gone off the boil in recent weeks, having not scored since inspiring Denmark to the World Cup finals with a hat-trick in their play-off with Republic of Ireland earlier this month.

And perhaps one statistic best sums up just how poor Eriksen's recent form has been, because Lamela took just two minutes to move ahead of Eriksen for league assists since the start of September.

The 25-year-old has not set up a goal in the top flight since the opening day victory over Saudi Sportswashing Machine, which, for a player of his calibre, is arguably a massive disappointment.

He has scored 11 goals this season, but Tottenham fans' frustrations could certainly be understood given that seven of those goals have come for his national team, while just four have come for Spurs.

Of course, he cannot take all of the blame for not providing assists because he is relying on his teammates to convert the chances, but there is no question that his form has been underwhelming - and Lamela taking just two minutes to better his assist tally in the league since September should really bring it home to Eriksen that he needs to step his game up.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/11/2...lready-better-than-tottenham-teammate/page/1/

---------------------------------------------------

It is a timely return of Lamela as Eriksen has been very poor in recent matches. In fact, Eriksen got both his 2 assists against Saudi Sportswashing Machine in our first match of the season. Since then he has not assisted and has only scored 3 league goals as well.

It's so good having Lamela back and fit. Will keep our other attacking midfielders on their toes.
They’re all keeping each other on their toes. Right now I don’t see Dele,Eriksen being any better an option than Son and Lamela( I know he’s only just returned but looks revitalised and love how he always looks forward for through balls to our forwards) even if Poch does seem to play Eriksen and Dele regardless....

Eriksen is one of our most important player alongside Kane, Alderweireld and big Vic. Everyone else fits around that spine. It's great having Lamela back, he is an excellent player but if it came down to a straight choice between him and Eriksen., it's Eriksen every time.

Could not agree more.

Eriksen is one of our most important player alongside Kane, Alderweireld and big Vic. Everyone else fits around that spine. It's great having Lamela back, he is an excellent player but if it came down to a straight choice between him and Eriksen., it's Eriksen every time.

Im not sure what the point of this post is other than try and kick off a Eriksen v Lamela debate...

we have been having to over rely on Eriksen for creativity in the final third this past year whilst Lamela has been out and at times that has cost us points as he (rightly) cant be expected to not go through dips in form every now and again - having another player available that can create for others at a fairly consistent rate is a must have for us if we want to perform consistently as a team over a season and Lamela being back and available should be cause for optimism because of that.

Im not sure what the point of this post is other than try and kick off a Eriksen v Lamela debate...

we have been having to over rely on Eriksen for creativity in the final third this past year whilst Lamela has been out and at times that has cost us points as he (rightly) cant be expected to not go through dips in form every now and again - having another player available that can create for others at a fairly consistent rate is a must have for us if we want to perform consistently as a team over a season and Lamela being back and available should be cause for optimism because of that.

As if that comparison has not been taking since Lamela returned? The post was in fact in response to an earlier one quoting a silly article about eriksen and Lamela's assist numbers. I made the point in my post that Lamela is a great option to have but imo he does not start ahead of Eriksen. Just stating a perfectly honest opinion. Didn't think there had to be a point to every post, because, tbh there no point in writing your second paragraph.

As if that comparison has not been taking since Lamela returned? The post was in fact in response to an earlier one quoting an a silly article about eriksen and Lamela's assist numbers. I made the point in my post that Lamela is a great option to have but imo he does not start ahead of Eriksen. Just stating a perfectly honest opinion. Didn't think there had to be a point to every post, because, the there no point in writing your second paragraph.
Yes but the point is More to highlight Eriksen low assists number which is undoubtedly to do with lack of rotation. With Lamela returning, a genuine quality player it will allow more recovery time for Eriksen and better performances/productivity.....

Yes but the point is More to highlight Eriksen low assists number which is undoubtedly to do with lack of rotation. With Lamela returning, a genuine quality player it will allow more recovery time for Eriksen and better performances/productivity.....
There does seem to be some momentum building on the board that Eriksen is off form and Lamela could be taking Eriksen's place.

I don't disagree with the point about rotation, but the times when Eriksen is not in the starting 11 should be very few and limited to less important games. I doubt Poch would countenance playing Lamela over Eriksen in any games at the moment.

As if that comparison has not been taking since Lamela returned? The post was in fact in response to an earlier one quoting a silly article about eriksen and Lamela's assist numbers. I made the point in my post that Lamela is a great option to have but imo he does not start ahead of Eriksen. Just stating a perfectly honest opinion. Didn't think there had to be a point to every post, because, tbh there no point in writing your second paragraph.

I havent noticed it if it has - Lamela hasnt even had a handful of appearances since returning from a 12 month injury - he has a lot to prove before anyone can make a claim that he should be first in the pecking order - Eriksen has been off form and has also played an awful lot of games - he could do with a rest, i cant see how that can even be questioned tbqh

I havent noticed it if it has - Lamela hasnt even had a handful of appearances since returning from a 12 month injury - he has a lot to prove before anyone can make a claim that he should be first in the pecking order - Eriksen has been off form and has also played an awful lot of games - he could do with a rest, i cant see how that can even be questioned tbqh

You may be right, not seeing the player every day, I am not in any position to comment on his physical shape. I do know that he also suffered a dip in form at the start of last season which then improved as the season progressed. Additionally Poch feels he is fit enough to start all his League games and important champions league games. That might suggest that Eriksen's drop in form is more complicated than just playing a lot of games.

You may be right, not seeing the player every day, I am not in any position to comment on his physical shape. I do know that he also suffered a dip in form at the start of last season which then improved as the season progressed. Additionally Poch feels he is fit enough to start all his League games and important champions league games. That might suggest that Eriksen's drop in form is more complicated than just playing a lot of games.

We haven't a lot of options, as previously stated, when it comes to creativity in the final third so i imagine Pochs' hand has been somewhat forced there.

Eriksen needs to spend some time watching this video. He may not be that same kind of superstar, but every defender knows to stop him in order to stop us:

He'd be better spending his time practicing corners.

giphy.gif

Eriksen is one of our most important players alongside Kane, Alderweireld and big Vic. Everyone else fits around that spine. It's great having Lamela back, he is an excellent player but if it came down to a straight choice between him and Eriksen, it's Eriksen every time.
Except when Eriksen is not in form but Lamela is. It's not all black and white.

Eriksen can't and shouldn't play every game. We've seen the results of that. Hence why having a fit Lamela allows us to rest/rotate him.

Back