• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

£60m easily if compared to the likes of Siggy and Barkley

Let's see how he returns from what is essentially a year long injury before we start doubling his price tag.

Based on age, ability, Premier League and Serie A experience as well as an Argentinian international - he's not going to be cheap. He's also not for sale.

Going to be the biggest challenge he's faced both physically and mentally. The team has improved since he last played for us and he needs to be 100% right to do himself justice.

Going to be the biggest challenge he's faced both physically and mentally. The team has improved since he last played for us and he needs to be 100% right to do himself justice.

Good point, missing a year of football will make it hard for him to regain his place as a starter. I only hope that those who have doubted his obvious ability relise that and give him time to get back into the flow. I will not hold my breath though.

I think if he gets a good and injury free pre season its not as bad coming back to a good side as it is to a bad side, less pressure then the days we needed Anderton back without fail. Good teams make players better and getting Eric back after a year will give us strength in depth and be like a new player joining again, old cliche but true.

£60m? Are you on drugs GB? £60m for a midfielder who hasn't played since October and whose best PL goals total in a season is 5 goals?

I agree in today's market he would be worth more than the £30m we paid for him back in 2013 but £60m is madness!
There's a "discount" for him being somewhat one-footed. If he was equally effective with his right peg, it would have been £100m ;)

Back