• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

I wouldn't actively seek to get rid of him but given his injury record, if we get an offer of say £30m then we should take it IMO. He's fallen behind Son in the pecking order. However, I'd ship out Sissoko and GKN before Lamela.

he cost us 30m, we will prob never get that back. He started to show what he can do. I love his effort, sometimes its about seeing one of two players pressing and it gets the rest pressing. Nothing more frustrating when you press and are not backed up by your team mates (Sanchez)

he has quality and will mature as a player so i say we keep him, not as a main starter but would rather he comes on than most of the other players on the bench

he cost us 30m, we will prob never get that back. He started to show what he can do. I love his effort, sometimes its about seeing one of two players pressing and it gets the rest pressing. Nothing more frustrating when you press and are not backed up by your team mates (Sanchez)

he has quality and will mature as a player so i say we keep him, not as a main starter but would rather he comes on than most of the other players on the bench

Poch disagrees ... when Fit he plays

The rest have upped their games. True he only played nine games. But that is a big enough sample range. My opinion is the rest have improved and he is being left behind.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-m...1/0/p#assists/chances_created/goals_scored#90

Those stats make him the backup to those three.

It's really not. Especially when the others have benefited from the improvement in form from the whole team in the second half of the season.

But even on that narrow sample range he is more than holding his own on chances created and assists. You also missed off successful take-ons and key passes which he also performed well on. Remarkable when you consider that he only played this season when the team was a little flat.

I would agree though that Lamela has to win his place back when he is fit and that the team has stepped up a level in his absence.

Last edited:
It's really not. Especially when the others have benefited from the improvement in form from the whole team in the second half of the season.

But even on that narrow sample range he is more than holding his own on chances created and assists. You also missed off successful take-ons and key passes which he also performed well on. Remarkable when you consider that he only played this season when the team was a little flat.

I would agree though that Lamela has to win his place back when he is fit and that the team has stepped up a level in his absence.

Agree with that. I am happy to see him in the squad next season. He will have to fight to get his place back. He is our best backup by far over Sissoko and N'koudo. I suppose though what I want, and this is just my opinion. Is that we get another player in that area. That would mean its possible that Lamela becomes 5th in the Que but we would have more options off the bench.

We all know Eriksen has been amazing, but it was only a few months ago he was a little off form. So having another option would be amazing. Its the one position i really want us to sign someone this year.

Something like this: Alli, Eriksen, Son, Mahrez, Lamela id be very happy with that.

Agree with that. I am happy to see him in the squad next season. He will have to fight to get his place back. He is our best backup by far over Sissoko and N'koudo. I suppose though what I want, and this is just my opinion. Is that we get another player in that area. That would mean its possible that Lamela becomes 5th in the Que but we would have more options off the bench.

We all know Eriksen has been amazing, but it was only a few months ago he was a little off form. So having another option would be amazing. Its the one position i really want us to sign someone this year.

Something like this: Alli, Eriksen, Son, Mahrez, Lamela id be very happy with that.

I'm always happy to see us upgrade the squad. If we can sign a player better that Lamela to replace Sissoko then we have more options and will be stronger.

The reason I posted the stats is because you were saying that he was just a hard worker and doesn't offer anything else. His attacking stats clearly show that this isn't true.

I'm always happy to see us upgrade the squad. If we can sign a player better that Lamela to replace Sissoko then we have more options and will be stronger.

The reason I posted the stats is because you were saying that he was just a hard worker and doesn't offer anything else. His attacking stats clearly show that this isn't true.

I get frustrated with him. he works hard. Yes. But he has the technical ability to be a superstar, but he needs to raise his level. Or this will be it for him. he has been gone all season. And their are still rumours he is leaving. So im kind of like, well you need to push on and you might be leaving. So lets just move on ourselves.

9 games is a small sample by any reasonable standard.

Back