• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Eriksen was our most creative player last season not Lamela.

He had a good season last year but on the whole I'm not sure I would say his value has gone up. Purely if you were to use the inflation and current market arguement then you would have a case but having one successful season out of three so far coupled with his injury record that says to me that we would struggle to get more than £30m for him.

I'm not counting this season as 9 games isn't enough of a sample size so you can't say for sure either way if he would have improved or gone backwards or stayed the same.

Ok.... I'll stick with the theme of comparisons that is started

He has better stats than willian who cost £30m too

Who would you compare him too??

Ok.... I'll stick with the theme of comparisons that is started

He has better stats than willian who cost £30m too

Who would you compare him too??

Willian is a good comparison, Chelsea are prepared to listen to offers for him I believe. He'd go for a similar fee but probably slightly more simply because he's Brazilian unless some Chinese super club offer silly money.

Willian is a good comparison, Chelsea are prepared to listen to offers for him I believe. He'd go for a similar fee but probably slightly more simply because he's Brazilian unless some Chinese super club offer silly money.

Brazilian/Argentinian... same thing for transfers IMO

And lamella is younger

So how much do you think he'd go for?

I think it would be significantly more than £30m

What's his contact situation? would affect his value a fair bit as would the fact he's effectively missed two of the last four seasons through injury

i can't think of a good comparison, his pressing is second to none, his game craft is exceptional, he's highly effective on both sides of the ball

the only knock against him (imo) is his profligacy in front of goal, but there isn't a player in the squad who doesn't have that problem

So how much do you think he'd go for?

I think it would be significantly more than £30m

I'd be surprised if we got more than £30m tbh. I know the market is crazy these days but if Spurs were paying £30m for a player I would expect more end product than the likes of Lamela and Sissoko provide. I'd laugh my head off if someone was willing to give us £70m like Galeforce believes he's worth.

For the record, I'm not saying I want us to sell him. If he can perform to a similar level/slightly higher level than he did last season in 2017/18 and play 30+ league games then I'd be happy. I don't see him as automatic 1st choice when he returns though. His injury is unfortunate for him and for us but he's slipped behind Alli and Eriksen in the pecking order.

i can't think of a good comparison, his pressing is second to none, his game craft is exceptional, he's highly effective on both sides of the ball

the only knock against him (imo) is his profligacy in front of goal, but there isn't a player in the squad who doesn't have that problem

That's quite a big weakness for an attacking midfielder. I was critical of Eriksen earlier in the season even though his work rate was second to none, but his end product wasn't good enough. He's been much improved since December onwards.

He is a huge talent that started to show his talent..shame is that he maybe found the love for things he should not have

It will be a mistake to sell this lad for purely footballing reasons. There may be other reasons of course but the bottom line is that he is a good player who was on an upward curve before the injury. He had a very good season last time. This season has been unfortunate but to get someone of his caliber will cost 30mil or something close, and just as easily might fail as succeed.

you forgot his injury record.

I'd be surprised if we got more than £30m tbh. I know the market is crazy these days but if Spurs were paying £30m for a player I would expect more end product than the likes of Lamela and Sissoko provide. I'd laugh my head off if someone was willing to give us £70m like Galeforce believes he's worth.

For the record, I'm not saying I want us to sell him. If he can perform to a similar level/slightly higher level than he did last season in 2017/18 and play 30+ league games then I'd be happy. I don't see him as automatic 1st choice when he returns though. His injury is unfortunate for him and for us but he's slipped behind Alli and Eriksen in the pecking order.
You can't mention Lamela and Sissoko in the same sentence. To do so would be to show a thorough lack of understanding of how Poch's system (and most of modern football) works.

Apart from the fact that the two almost couldn't bring more different attributes to the club, Lamela was absolutely instrumental to our league success last season - I'm not sure Sissoko has been instrumental to us winning a match yet.

Not only is Lamela the player that triggers the press for us (not something that your average footballer can be entrusted with), he also sets the tone for others to follow in that regard. His ability to place through balls is amongst the best in the PL, he can sell a whole defence with the shape of his body in a pass - these are not common attributes.

Obviously these attributes are not winning a long ball in the air to knock it down to a little striker, crunching into a tackle or beating his man down the outside to whip in a cross at the 6'4 defenders, but they're useful attributes IMO.

Last edited:
Far too much 'Italian' gossip around Eric. I think he'll b playing there next season........

I'm hoping Sissoko will be off also. Id rather Poch played one of the younger prospects.

You can't mention Lamela and Sissoko I. The same sentence. To do so would be to show a thorough lack of understanding of how Poch's system (and most of modern football) works.

Apart from the fact that the two almost couldn't bring more different attributes to the club, Lamela was absolutely instrumental to our league success last season - I'm not sure Sissoko has been instrumental to us winning a match yet.

Not only is Lamela the player that triggers the press for us (not something that your average footballer can be entrusted with), he also sets the tone for others to follow in that regard. His ability to place through balls is amongst the best in the PL, he can sell a whole defence with the shape of his body in a pass - these are not common attributes.

Obviously these attributes are not winning a long ball in the air to knock it down to a little striker, crunching into a tackle or beating his man down the outside to whip in a cross at the 6'4 defenders, but they're useful attributes IMO.

Lamela was much improved last season but his importance is overstated on this forum. I've heard terms bandied about such as "he's our most important player". "We should build the team around him" and "He's a £70m player" (ok that one was just a crazy valuation of him by Galeforce). Even the pressing argument is overstated. You can't play in a Poch team without working hard and pressing hence why the likes of Chadli have been moved on. Everyone in the team works hard, the entire team set the tone not just Lamela.

This forum really does skew reality at times. I don't know anyone outside of this forum who goes to WHL on a weekly basis who would say any of the above about him. Sometimes it's hard to quantify a how much a team misses a player through injury but take Harry Kane for example, our record wasn't terrible without him but we missed his movement and his ability to create chances for himself and score out of nothing like his goal against Everton. We've missed Rose, Toby, Kane etc more than we have missed Lamela IMO. We're still creating plenty of chances without him and the pressing game has hardly fallen apart since Lamela's injury.

With regards to this comment "he can sell a whole defence with the shape of his body in a pass - these are not common attribute". I'm a ST holder and I've honestly never seen an entire defence sold by the shape of Lamela's body :D

Back