• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

"Clarified for people who care about me that I am in Rome healing myself for an injury and not for non soccer problems like the death of my dog that was months ago or the accident of my brother. I am never answering anything, but I am annoyed that they invent this kind of thing, thanks to all those who encourage me day by day! I hope to return soon to the pitch."

Hitc got slightly different quotes, though not sure where from.

"Clarified for people who care about me that I am in Rome healing myself for an injury and not for non soccer problems like the death of my dog that was months ago or the accident of my brother. I am never answering anything, but I am annoyed that they invent this kind of thing, thanks to all those who encourage me day by day! I hope to return soon to the pitch."

Hitc got slightly different quotes, though not sure where from.

I think these are from from a Twitter post that he deleted shortly afterwards.

I hope he gets fit soon, important player.

He put a few tweets out in Spanish. Deleted one but the other two are still there including the one translated above.

In some ways it would make more sense if he were feeling a bit depressed/ fed up with everything and needed a change of scene. Although I suppose if that were the case he's not going to say it.
As the recent scan showed nothing of concern and Poch has said he now needs to get fit again,I thought he would have been back here now. Or even with the squad in Barcelona (after all, Jan is out there).
Something still feels just a little odd about the situation.
But as long as he is on the mend and wants to come back, then that is good news and Inhope we see him back training with the squad very soon.

I just remembered that last night I had a terrible dream. The short version is that I somehow ended up at a party and Eric was there. He then told me that the hip injury would never fully heal, and that combined with personal issues had led him to deciding to retire! :eek::eek::eek:

Wonder will we ever see Erik again. Homesick, mystery hip injury or whatever it is this week. Pooch still taking it easy with him and nursing him. He's got 4 months to save his career at Spurs, but I suspect Levy wants him gone, with stats like barely being available 50% of games with injuries, new contract difficult at money required i'd imagine
2013–14[40] 9
2014–15[41] 33
2015–16[42] 34
2016–17[43] 9

I hope he can recover to give us a hand for some of the season, we're gonna need it. Hope he wants it, even if he's decided to go home for personal reasons.

scans don't always show up everything, especially if its a nerve problem.
it could be anything, but time away from the club - and given that we are supposed to have the best facilities for sportspeople - i think its more serious than we are being let known.

Mauricio Pochettino reveals 'very positive' Erik Lamela focused on Tottenham return
Mauricio Pochettino believes Erik Lamela is finally on the road to recovery after speaking to the attacker earlier on Friday.

Lamela has not played for Tottenham since October 25. A hip problem kept him on the sidelines, while Lamela has also suffered family problems. He spent much of last month working with physio Damiano Stefanini at former club Roma, before returning to north London.

Lamela has been linked with both a return to Italy and even to his first club, River Plate of Buenos Aires, though that is highly unlikely at this stage.
Tottenham will not put a date on Lamela’s possible return but Pochettino said: “We were talking this morning and he was very positive.
“We were joking, there were some rumours about him going back to River. I asked him if he wanted to go back and he said: ‘I want to play for this club, be in England and play football. He is now very focused on his recovery to be available as soon as possible.
“That is a massive improvement in the last few days. It is very powerful, because if you believe, we are all capable – if you are focused on recovering from your problem.”

"That is a massive improvement in the last few days." So Poch is referring to his attitude.

Seems that way. Maybe his "outlook" might be a better term, "attitude" sounds a bit negative. I read it that Lamela is now being more positive about his injury or whatever it was that has been preventing his recovery.
I am splitting hairs perhaps. Let's just get him back fit and ready to play asap.

Mauricio Pochettino reveals 'very positive' Erik Lamela focused on Tottenham return
Mauricio Pochettino believes Erik Lamela is finally on the road to recovery after speaking to the attacker earlier on Friday.

Lamela has not played for Tottenham since October 25. A hip problem kept him on the sidelines, while Lamela has also suffered family problems. He spent much of last month working with physio Damiano Stefanini at former club Roma, before returning to north London.

Lamela has been linked with both a return to Italy and even to his first club, knitting blog Plate of Buenos Aires, though that is highly unlikely at this stage.
Tottenham will not put a date on Lamela’s possible return but Pochettino said: “We were talking this morning and he was very positive.
“We were joking, there were some rumours about him going back to knitting blog. I asked him if he wanted to go back and he said: ‘I want to play for this club, be in England and play football. He is now very focused on his recovery to be available as soon as possible.
“That is a massive improvement in the last few days. It is very powerful, because if you believe, we are all capable – if you are focused on recovering from your problem.”
knitting blog? river plate?
edit: why the hell does r1ver= knitting blog?

knitting blog? knitting blog plate?
edit: why the hell does r1ver= knitting blog?

There are certain pages on the internet where you can watch football games without paying for it. The name of such pages is filtered out, so people started using synonyms for them. Knitting blog is apparently the word the filter uses for the first word in the Argentinian football club you mention, as that first word also happens to be a synonym for something we aren't allowed to talk about.

Back