• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Gaitan? The player Tottenham Hotspur really need is Erik Lamela

Tottenham do not need to sign Nicolas Gaitan, they need Erik Lamela back.

Tottenham Hotspur have been linked this week with a move for Atletico Madrid winger Nicolas Gaitan, with The Mirror reporting their interest.

Gaitan has struggled for regular football at Atletico this season, making only four La Liga starts.

The 28-year-old could turn out to be a smart addition for Spurs, but really they already have a player who can offer everything he can.

That is his Argentina teammate Erik Lamela, who has been out of action with injury since October.

Lamela was excellent for Spurs last season and began this campaign brightly. Getting him back at full tilt would be the biggest boost they could ask for right now.

Spurs do not need to go and blow millions on Gaitan, when they have Lamela hoping to return to action soon.

Lamela is considered ahead in terms of team selection for Argentina, with Mundo Albiceleste reporting last year that he was ahead of Gaitan in the pecking order.

Tottenham would not be buying an upgrade on Lamela, purely an alternative who is four years older, and paying big money for this is not usually how they conduct their transfer business.

Lamela is a player worth waiting for, and Spurs do not need to panic buy to bring in a player who would sit on the bench when both are fit.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/10/gaitan-the-player-tottenham-hotspur-really-need-is-erik-lamela/

--------------------------------------------

We have badly missed Lamela. We have done well during his absence. But we would have done much better if he had been playing. I am convinced we would have got atleast a draw against Chelsea(away) and ManU(away) if Lamela was playing in those matches.

We haven't badly missed him at all. We missed Alli, Eriksen and Kane's good form.

I would like to know what you are basing the bolded part on? That's like me saying we would have got a draw if Ben Davies was playing, there's absolutely no way to prove it.

By the same token one could argue that the importance of Kane and Dembele may be overrated, given that in the game against City we had our most complete performance of the season without them in the lineup. Every player brings something different and that is good, because it keeps opponents on their toes and doesn't make us too predictable.

Kane has scored over 50 league goals in 2 and a half seasons and we don't have a like for like replacement for Dembele, not even close. Son at the very least works hard and presses. Lamela is not worthless by any stretch but I honestly believe we haven't really missed him in his absence.

Kane has scored over 50 league goals in 2 and a half seasons and we don't have a like for like replacement for Dembele, not even close. Son at the very least works hard and presses. Lamela is not worthless by any stretch but I honestly believe we haven't really missed him in his absence.
I was just pointing out that the argument that we are playing well even though he is out injured is pretty narrowsighted. It might appear as though we haven't missed him, but as @Spurs7891 said in the previous post, with him in the team Chelsea at the Bridge and ManUre at OT might have been draws instead of losses. And as I said in my original post, it is important to have players that give you different options, regardless of how well the team may be playing without them, as there will be instances where you need those options. And with Lamela out we are missing a crucial option.

I was just pointing out that the argument that we are playing well even though he is out injured is pretty narrowsighted. It might appear as though we haven't missed him, but as @Spurs7891 said in the previous post, with him in the team Chelsea at the Bridge and ManUre at OT might have been draws instead of losses. And as I said in my original post, it is important to have players that give you different options, regardless of how well the team may be playing without them, as there will be instances where you need those options. And with Lamela out we are missing a crucial option.

It's never good to have players injured so it will be good to get him back in the squad regardless of whether he gets in the team or not. I take issue with Spurs7891's posts but then again I'm starting to think he may actually be Lamela or Lamela's Dad.

so when is he back and i read that he went back to roma for treatment.
isn't our treatment room good enough? and is his brother OK ?

so when is he back and i read that he went back to roma for treatment.
isn't our treatment room good enough? and is his brother OK ?

What I read into it is that he knows the medical team in Rome, he has friends there, he's been out for a while and has had other things to deal with during that time too and he thought that a change of scenery might do him good. I can understand that.

Lamella represents everything Poch's ethos is about and you can argue about who he is or isn't as good as but from memory Poch puts him in the first eleven most of the time when fully fit, even if not in top form.....
But Jurgen's point is valid we have not missed him in the same way we have missed other players such as Kane and Alderweireld or if dele was out. However I do see him as a very good option.

But Jurgen's point is valid we have not missed him in the same way we have missed other players such as Kane and Alderweireld. However I do see him as a very good option.

is it something that can be judged that easily?

I think we really missed his pressing in our stodgy spell earlier in the season

as awesome as Toby has been we've not had a defensive problem this season (or last) even when he didn't play

Kane has obviously come back firing and i'm sure he's been part of the improvement, but, he's playing in a much more fluid unit than Janssen had when he was starting games

Gaitan? The player Tottenham Hotspur really need is Erik Lamela

Tottenham do not need to sign Nicolas Gaitan, they need Erik Lamela back.

Tottenham Hotspur have been linked this week with a move for Atletico Madrid winger Nicolas Gaitan, with The Mirror reporting their interest.

Gaitan has struggled for regular football at Atletico this season, making only four La Liga starts.

The 28-year-old could turn out to be a smart addition for Spurs, but really they already have a player who can offer everything he can.

That is his Argentina teammate Erik Lamela, who has been out of action with injury since October.

Lamela was excellent for Spurs last season and began this campaign brightly. Getting him back at full tilt would be the biggest boost they could ask for right now.

Spurs do not need to go and blow millions on Gaitan, when they have Lamela hoping to return to action soon.

Lamela is considered ahead in terms of team selection for Argentina, with Mundo Albiceleste reporting last year that he was ahead of Gaitan in the pecking order.

Tottenham would not be buying an upgrade on Lamela, purely an alternative who is four years older, and paying big money for this is not usually how they conduct their transfer business.

Lamela is a player worth waiting for, and Spurs do not need to panic buy to bring in a player who would sit on the bench when both are fit.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/10/gaitan-the-player-tottenham-hotspur-really-need-is-erik-lamela/

--------------------------------------------

We have badly missed Lamela. We have done well during his absence. But we would have done much better if he had been playing. I am convinced we would have got atleast a draw against Chelsea(away) and ManU(away) if Lamela was playing in those matches.

I suppose it would have been 8-0 had Lamela played on Saturday.

Back