• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Erik Lamela (announced by Roma p.41)

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
Linked with us today, all you FM experts, etc, what is he like ???

Erik-Lamela-2012-300x220.jpg

Re: Erik Lamela

Finally a player I've seen enough to form an opinion on. I spoke about him in another thread and he's very very good indeed but i don't know where he would play. His best position is just off the striker although he did play up top too...hmmm it's a hard one (he would cost upwards of 20m too).

He makes the heart sign. One of the clan.

Very unlikely we'll sign him.

Would take a 25 to 30 million fee imo though the Baldini element is interesting - what does he know? Clause, Roma need the cash? Still a highly unlikely transfer.

He makes the heart sign. One of the clan.

Very unlikely we'll sign him.

Would take a 25 to 30 million fee imo though the Baldini element is interesting - what does he know? Clause, Roma need the cash? Still a highly unlikely transfer.

We have a better chance signing Villa than Lamela tbh.

We have a better chance signing Villa than Lamela tbh.

how long as he been with Roma? would it have been Baldini who signed him - might give us an edge...

also you say he can play off the striker - could he play in a front 3 with Bale and a central forward?

how long as he been with Roma? would it have been Baldini who signed him - might give us an edge...

also you say he can play off the striker - could he play in a front 3 with Bale and a central forward?

Yeh he can do and has played in that position before but it's not his ideal position. Baldini did sign him but again i don't think it's realistic.

If we sign Lamela it'd be to play in Lennons position.

Agree with KD when he says we have a better chance signing Villa. David Villa is worth £11,000,000 if he leaves it won't be for anything more than that, it's his wages that are a problem, we CAN afford Villa on his wages but going by his age etc I have no doubt Levy WON'T do it.

Lamela cost Roma £10,000,000 and after the season he just had there is no way they will want anything less than £20,000,000+

Would be shocked, and very impressed, if we managed to sign Lamela...

About what Roma paid for him I've seen various numbers although £10m is being reported in the press today other numbers have been mentioned.

Wikipedia:
On 6 August 2011, Lamela joined Italian Serie A club Roma for a fee €12 million, plus €2 million in bonuses, which was activated after his 20th club appearance.[3] Roma also paid an additional €3.2 million to Orel B.V. — plus 10% added value if the player is later sold above €12 million — and €3.06 million in the form of taxes to the Government of Argentina.

That adds up to around €20m, not the €12 being reported in the press today. Not sure which number is correct although the oddly specific nature of the wiki descriptions seems credible just because it's so specific.

I think he would cost £30m+ now.

I've just seen this guy on youtube as I'm not really an avid Seria A watcher. There is something about the way he plays that reminds me of RVP. Is that a fair comparison?

I've just seen this guy on youtube as I'm not really an avid Seria A watcher. There is something about the way he plays that reminds me of RVP. Is that a fair comparison?

Never seen him, but he looks like him in that picture....just has spikier hair!

Erik Lamela is probably the one player in world football who could replace Bale if he left. He's very similar to him IMO.

He's well out of our league now. I think Madrid might end up going for Suarez + Lamela, instead of Bale.

One of Baldini's boys isn't he?

I think what's more relevant is that it's the type of discoveries Baldini has made regularly through his career (De Rossi, Cassano, Samuel, Higuain and Pjanic being some of the others).

Hopefully he will be able to sign us the next Lamela (Bernard?) and the next Higuain (Leandro?)

Erik Lamela is probably the one player in world football who could replace Bale if he left. He's very similar to him IMO.

He's well out of our league now. I think Madrid might end up going for Suarez + Lamela, instead of Bale.

Not even on the same planet in terms of ability/end product/skill or pace.

Not even on the same planet in terms of ability/end product/skill or pace.

Ability? Debatable. He isn't a kick and run player like Bale, but he's a better dribbler with the ball.
End product? At 21, scoring 15 in 33 in Serie A is no mean feat. Sure, Bale scored absolute worldies but lets see what Lamela can do in a few years time.
Skill? Lamela beats him in that department
Pace? Bale beats many a player.

Bale is definitely better than Lamela, no one would deny it. But I have no doubt Lamela can easily go on to be one of the best footballers in the world, especially if someone like Real Madrid or Bayern Munich were to buy him. The guy is ridiculously good.

Ability? Debatable. He isn't a kick and run player like Bale, but he's a better dribbler with the ball.
End product? At 21, scoring 15 in 33 in Serie A is no mean feat. Sure, Bale scored absolute worldies but lets see what Lamela can do in a few years time.
Skill? Lamela beats him in that department
Pace? Bale beats many a player.

Bale is definitely better than Lamela, no one would deny it. But I have no doubt Lamela can easily go on to be one of the best footballers in the world, especially if someone like Real Madrid or Bayern Munich were to buy him. The guy is ridiculously good.

wow, just wow.

Back