• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Re: Welcome Eric Dier!

So does Gareth Bale. Doesn't make it right.

Gareth bale's quite two footed really..

If a player is good enough, they're good enough. I really don't give a **** if they're one footed, two footed, or if they play the ball using their knees instead. It makes little difference as long as they have learnt how to cope with their limitations.

People get so caught up in footballers wages, it's laughable.

Why does it matter that you're paying them x amount of millions to do this or that?

You're paying them to be very good at football.

I'd take a very good left footer over an average two footer any day of the week.

People get so caught up in footballers wages, it's laughable.

Why does it matter that you're paying them x amount of millions to do this or that?

You're paying them to be very good at football.

I'd take a very good left footer over an average two footer any day of the week.

That wasn't really the point. If you're training every single day, you should be working on your weaker foot.

That wasn't really the point. If you're training every single day, you should be working on your weaker foot.
On top of that, if your job only takes up 3 or 4 half days of your week, you have plenty of time to get good at it too.

1. Dier and Sandro can converse in Portuguese
2. Are Poch's assistants Argie or Portuguese?

On top of that, if your job only takes up 3 or 4 half days of your week, you have plenty of time to get good at it too.

I think people are running away with this left foot right foot thing. There's a big difference between being a both footed attacking player and defender.

Pretty much every premiership central defender will be good enough with both feet (including I'm assuming Dier) to repeatedly clear crosses with their bad one. Ask them to score a volley from 30 yards and they might struggle, but that's not what they are there for.

Nothing to see here. Move on.

1. Dier and Sandro can converse in Portuguese
2. Are Poch's assistants Argie or Portuguese?

Just as a point of interest, Tim Vickery said on TalkSh#te that Brazilians can barely understand the portugese spoken by portugual and even films from there come with subtitles. And he also said they converse a lot easier with the spanish.

Someone once told me that's the difference English coaching and continental. English will get you to work on your weaker foot. Continental will get you to make your strong foot even better.

BuBzm5ZIgAAUMxu.jpg

"Spurs are a massive club. I've always enjoyed their attacking football and I think coming from Portugal that suits me - this season I want to adapt really quickly to the Premier League and have as good a season as we can."
http://www1.skysports.com/transfer/...ier-completes-move-to-spurs-on-five-year-deal

Seems to have his head screwed on and knows that there will be a settling in period. That said, he wants to be competing for EPL appearances by the end of the season, it's that sort of drive you want to see from a young player.

Being two footed is overrated and this is coming from someone who is ambipedal(like ambidextrous but with feet). I would wager that less than 1% of professional footballers are equally comfortable with either feet, most are terribly one footed, a few are competent on their weaker side but still not great and then you have a tiny minority who can use both equally well.

Being two footed is overrated and this is coming from someone who is ambipedal(like ambidextrous but with feet). I would wager that less than 1% of professional footballers are equally comfortable with either feet, most are terribly one footed, a few are competent on their weaker side but still not great and then you have a tiny minority who can use both equally well.

I can pedal with both feet too, it's no big deal

So does Gareth Bale. Doesn't make it right.

Gareth bale's quite two footed really..

If a player is good enough, they're good enough. I really don't give a **** if they're one footed, two footed, or if they play the ball using their knees instead. It makes little difference as long as they have learnt how to cope with their limitations.

Bale worked his **** off to improve his right foot. He has much different ability with it now than when he had a few years ago.

Back