• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

I think Poch knew he was a bit of a fraud really , hence his despondency over time. I heard quite a poignant remark the other day on the radio regarding his reign- that it was built on sand. It didnt get picked up on, was in and out ,and obviously intended to be that- but my. I heard it and certainly recognised it. a brief glimmer of truth.
All aboard the troll boat???

I think Poch knew he was a bit of a fraud really , hence his despondency over time. I heard quite a poignant remark the other day on the radio regarding his reign- that it was built on sand. It didnt get picked up on, was in and out ,and obviously intended to be that- but my. I heard it and certainly recognised it. a brief glimmer of truth.

Thank you for that, i needed a laugh today.

Why is my memory telling me otherwise, am I alone in thinking that a few years back Dier didn’t see himself as a central defender and wanted to play holding midfield claiming it was his best position?

A person is allowed to change their mind of course, it’s just that this article gives the impression he’s always thought this, which is conflicting with my recollection of his Spurs and England career.

Why is my memory telling me otherwise, am I alone in thinking that a few years back Dier didn’t see himself as a central defender and wanted to play holding midfield claiming it was his best position?

A person is allowed to change their mind of course, it’s just that this article gives the impression he’s always thought this, which is conflicting with my recollection of his Spurs and England career.
Both Keown and Jenas have mentioned this in commentary recently, implying Dier “thinks” he is a CM but he’s not good enough. I’ve never seen or heard anything from Dier himself saying this though.

Other way round I think.

Pretty sure its in Poch's book that he converted Dier to DM but then asked him to drop back to defence in 16/17 and it was a constant point of debate as Dier felt he had a better chance of getting into the England team in midfield at the time.

Pretty sure its in Poch's book that he converted Dier to DM but then asked him to drop back to defence in 16/17 and it was a constant point of debate as Dier felt he had a better chance of getting into the England team in midfield at the time.

I knew there was something about him not wanting to play at the back for us because of England. Cheers.

Yeah I remember at the time Poch saying that Dier could be a first rate defender, but Dier was wanting to play midfield.

Which was what made his most recent comments interesting. Must realise that the physicals needed for centre mid are lost to him now.

Yeah I remember at the time Poch saying that Dier could be a first rate defender, but Dier was wanting to play midfield.

Which was what made his most recent comments interesting. Must realise that the physicals needed for centre mid are lost to him now.

He has zero chance of getting in the zEngland team as a CB (or a DM nowadays). Maybe he hopes his "versatility" will earn him a place in Southgate's squad.

He has zero chance of getting in the zEngland team as a CB (or a DM nowadays). Maybe he hopes his "versatility" will earn him a place in Southgate's squad.
Him and Winks are the only English players worth even considering for a spot at the base midfield.

Back