• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Jose apologized to him for pulling him off .. interesting

Said it was tactical, could have been either Dier or Winks, he wanted someone closer to Dele

Dier can't complain about being subbed. We needed something different, and he looked lost out there. Slow to react, slow on the turn, which in turn caused him to make a silly foul, that led to the first goal.
He wasn't particularly good vs West ham either, so atm he's the weakest link in what has been the starting 11.

Dier can't complain about being subbed. We needed something different, and he looked lost out there. Slow to react, slow on the turn, which in turn caused him to make a silly foul, that led to the first goal.
He wasn't particularly good vs West ham either, so atm he's the weakest link in what has been the starting 11.

I don't think he will complain to be fair. He came off without throwing a tantrum and I haven't heard anything to the contrary.

I'm not a massive fan of Dier the player but as a person, he seems like a really good guy with an excellent attitude.

I don't think he will complain to be fair. He came off without throwing a tantrum and I haven't heard anything to the contrary.

I'm not a massive fan of Dier the player but as a person, he seems like a really good guy with an excellent attitude.
He does seem to be a nice guy, and I'm not throwing him under the bus. He's just not fit to purpose atm.

Can that book be trusted ?

Its a snapshot in time, so not really. Id guess its indicative of who he was/how he was thinking then, but that doesnt mean thats just how he operates.

Caught a glimpse of his last Utd press conference the other day, there were questions about style of play - he went on a rant about how every team he has set up has been different, depending on what was best for the team.

Wasnt exactly articulate about it, was all sneering and pouting, but he had a point. If you go through his previous clubs he does tend to find what works best there - rather than enforcing a specific shape/tactic.

There are some core things he carries everywhere, solid defensively, willing to sit on a result, transitions are all important...

But there is a lot of variety to be had as well.

Jose apologized to him for pulling him off .. interesting

Said it was tactical, could have been either Dier or Winks, he wanted someone closer to Dele

I thought that sub was quite a statement. 28 minutes in, made a change, and I think its fair to say it helped change things.

I also thought it was VERY smart to come right out and address it - was a potential media minefield and he diffused it completely.

It was the right decision to make a change we were 2-0 down and we needed to change it, good to see a manager do that and it proved to be the game changer for me. I hope Dier took it well ( and it looks like he did) as he will get many more games in our side.

Honest question: is Dier physically finished now?
I'm not sure i've seen him be fully effective in the DCM role since he stopped playing alongside either Dembele or Wanyama, so i'm not sure we can say his recent ineffective dcm performances can be totally blamed on the illness/surgery over the last year or so...

Back