• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Well done. I thought he shored us up nicely when he came on, we got a foot hold in the game again and their chances dried up. Can’t wait for him to be fit enough to start games again.

This.

Just sat in front of the back 4 says it all, he closed the door that’s what we have been missing, forget the silly ideology of having all ball players you need the glue to stick the team together, Dier is that.

And this.

We have missed Dier playing, he is the only real player who can sit in front of the back four and give them the cover we have been missing. I think he would also allow Winks to drive forward more.

We have missed Dier playing, he is the only real player who can sit in front of the back four and give them the cover we have been missing. I think he would also allow Winks to drive forward more.
I agree, we have missed someone in this role. Winks was/is fine but plays it differently. I'm hoping Dier can step up, as when on form he's international quality. Hopefully, his injuries are behind him and he can get an extended run going.

What the hell is happening with Dier? Why doesn't he play anymore?!
We were at our best when we played and were fluid in switching from a back four to a back 3. Come back Eric, I miss you.

He was utter dogbrick last season but there were mitigating circumstances. Maybe his reputation is being enhanced or overstated by virtue of him being injured but I'd have him starting on Saturday without question.

And I agree with the post above saying he is a born leader.

He was utter dogbrick last season but there were mitigating circumstances. Maybe his reputation is being enhanced or overstated by virtue of him being injured but I'd have him starting on Saturday without question.

And I agree with the post above saying he is a born leader.

There’s always revisionism.... the grass is always greener until you tinkle on it

Dier IMO Zia missed because he is versatile within a game. But there are people I know calling for him now who when he did play thought he was brick

There’s always revisionism.... the grass is always greener until you tinkle on it

Dier IMO Zia missed because he is versatile within a game. But there are people I know calling for him now who when he did play thought he was brick

That’s because the role he full fils is not appreciated by most fans and it’s only when it’s missing it becomes apparent, I’m not saying by any means that Dier is the best footballer but he is the best DM sitter we have at the club and this role is the cogs in the wheel, the glue that sticks the team together, it gives the team the foundation to build on allowing other more natural players to reach their potential.

Him being out of the team had made me forget how poor he is on the ball. I know Scara and Nayim take the pee out of Sissoko for his lack of skill but Dier is worse by a large order of magnitude. We desperately need to buy ourselves a decent defensive midfielder in January or we might end up in a relegation battle!

I dont know that he was that much worse, but he certainly wasnt good.

Only real defence of him is his complete lack of football and fitness the last year. Its possible when up to speed he gets back to his best?

I mean, it doesnt look that way, but you never know...

its like a whole team of ours just decided to up and be brick.

Dier, Wanyama, Eriksen, Dele, Toby, Trippier ( Sold )

Then other players who are playing half of themselves

Kane, Jan, Lloris,

Its bloody depressing.

Back