• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Also, if you recall, he was very fortunate to somehow escape a 2nd yellow in the NLD that finished 2-2 (Feb/March '16?) - For a blatant/silly pull back on one of theirs that put a stop to a potentially dangerous attack.
Or trod a fine line perfectly.

Football is a game of tiny margins - even teams as good as Spurs tend to beat teams as bad as West Ham by one or two goals most of the time. Football is won in those fine margins. I once read a piece somebody wrote about Mourinho at Chelsea who had told him about how the team was instructed to dive all over the pitch. Not because he expected any of those free kicks to end up as goals, but because an extra 10 possession turnovers in a match gives his team another fraction of a percent advantage. His teams harangue the referee, not to change any one decision, but to gently lean him towards their view over 90 minutes.

Play everything safely and well within the margins and we lose those fractional battles. Losing those fractional battles is the difference between challenging for a title and doing an Arsenal.

Last edited:
The "facts" are that the tackle was perfectly legal and sporting, and the referee was incompetent to give a yellow.
There are now rules regarding recklessness and excessive force and he could have been given a yellow or red depending on the refs view.

under the laws of the game

• Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned
  • Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off

This is regardless of if the player gets the ball or a foul - I think its a flimflam rule but it is the rule all the same (* I thought it was a flimflam yellow myself but the ref can justify it).

So what is the story for his absence? I can’t remember him missing many games before and we could really struggle without him if Wanyama and dembele continue their struggles.

So what is the story for his absence? I can’t remember him missing many games before and we could really struggle without him if Wanyama and dembele continue their struggles.
Picked up a thigh strain during the Emirates Marketing Project match and unlikely to return before international break, according to official Twitter.

Eric Dier has undergone surgery to remove his appendix.

The England international midfielder was diagnosed with appendicitis after contacting our medical staff due to acute Abdominal pain. He received immediate treatment to assess and then remove the appendix.

He will now undergo a period of recovery before commencing rehabilitation and it is expected he will return to training with the squad in January.

Along with our Medical staff, we wish to thank the NHS for their excellent treatment of Eric.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2018/december/dier-update/

Back