• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emirates Marketing Project

Maybe they'll push for Sanchez in this upcoming window if De Bruyne is a serious injury.
And spend £20m they don’t need to...

Not sure

They only need 14 wins to take the league which they will get comfortably

There is also the CL, for which Sanchez isn't cup tied. This surely has to be their aim for the rest of the season,

It's a difficult one for Arsenal, do they try and get something now or let him go for nothing. He could be the difference for their season still, but he could equally undermine it. But how much would City offer for half a season ?

Like I would have inside info. As Donald Fagen famously sang, "I just read the daily news and swear by every word."
Hmm...so my responses are
(a) I thought you were ITK
(b) it was a rhetorical question
(c) nice song and I can play reelin in the years (well nearly) on guitar

I have to say the Emirates Marketing Project project along with other things are ebbing away at my love for the game. I know it sounds dramatic but they are going to win the league at a complete walk and could make a sweep of trophies, that I can stand just although I argue FFP is not working but where my soul for the game dies is PEP then coming out saying he is held back on things due to money then signs another defender for 50+.

Bourinho added to that and VAR and a few other bits, I am nearly done with the game.

VAR isnt an issue for me, I think anything that makes decisions more reliable is great - clearly it needs work though.

The whole Citys billions thing? I know exactly what you mean. Their victories are meaningless, hollow. And when only super rich clubs win everything the whole game is de valued.

My interest has waned beyond what I could ever imagine.

I used to watch every game on the box, PL, Championship, League 1, La Liga, Bundesliga... whatever football was on I watched.

These days I barely manage Spurs games and MOTD.

My interest has waned beyond what I could ever imagine.

Mate exactly the same. And if it was not for Spurs I would turn my back on it (no that the sport would care and nor should it). Even following Spurs is a test due to the nature of fans and their expectations which we have discussed in other threads.

I know Peps won alot in the game but the game owes him nothing because the rewards are there. And so what I find is his comments are insulting to the game, I find them child like sulks and its worse now he is winning because he is still moaning. Like Conte at Chelsea, I actually liked him alot but this thirst for more when you have the riches in football insults the game and the fans.

I find the view of football warped, ridicule managers that work their arse off on little and achieve less lower down the leagues but keep their mouths shut and do it but hero worship the ones who have the world in their hands but actually bring more sh1t on the game. Na you can keep that for me

Is City's wealth compared to us more of a distortion than our wealth compared to a Div 2 team?

Discuss...

Is City's wealth compared to us more of a distortion than our wealth compared to a Div 2 team?

Discuss...

Yeh because we as a large club with 35,000 fans at WHL is naturally bigger than the majority of those clubs just on organic numbers and not 3rd party investment, whereas the gap between us and Emirates Marketing Project is not measurably by the same terms. The gap between us and City is because of financial doping.

Yeh because we as a large club with 35,000 fans at WHL is naturally bigger than the majority of those clubs just on organic numbers and not 3rd party investment, whereas the gap between us and Emirates Marketing Project is not measurably by the same terms. The gap between us and City is because of financial doping.

In the short term yeah, but there was a time when Spurs was a bunch of mates playing in a garden. We've increased in size, and at a faster rate than some previous peers, due to timely investment. Is it all relative, is City (or Chelsea for that matter) buying their way to the top table any different to Arsenal moving in 1913, or the spending of the northern powerhouses of the late 1800's?

Back