• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eddie Howe

Early days yet, he is not that well thought of at Burnley.

things were obviously affecting him at the time

But when he feared others would consider he lacked ambition, he moved to Burnley in January 2011. Howe is credited for bringing Charlie Austin, Danny Ings and Kieran Trippier to Lancashire, all of whom have gone on to success in the Premier League. However, 15 months after arriving, his mother, Annie, died unexpectedly. Howe tried to carry on but his wife and new-born son had remained on the south coast and seven months later he decided to go home.

things were obviously affecting him at the time

But when he feared others would consider he lacked ambition, he moved to Burnley in January 2011. Howe is credited for bringing Charlie Austin, Danny Ings and Kieran Trippier to Lancashire, all of whom have gone on to success in the Premier League. However, 15 months after arriving, his mother, Annie, died unexpectedly. Howe tried to carry on but his wife and new-born son had remained on the south coast and seven months later he decided to go home.

But you know as well as I do that fans of clubs are not that understanding when it comes to those who leave their clubs, all I know is that at the games against Burnley I have spoken to some of their fans and he is not that well thought of. By saying early days in my earlier post I meant I want to see how he goes on next season and after before wishing him to be a future Spurs manager.

Leading contender to replace Poch if he leaves in the summer according to The Telegraph

Ake counts as a home-grown player under Premier League rules and his future could be impacted by Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe. Howe had been desperate to lead Bournemouth into their new stadium, which had initially been scheduled to open in 2020, but the club last week announced a delay.

Although Bournemouth are prepared to hand him a lucrative new contract, the postponement of the stadium move has raised doubts over whether or not Howe will put his own career on hold to take the club into it.

Howe would be the leading contender to replace Mauricio Pochettino at Tottenham Hotspur if the Argentine left at any stage. United and Real Madrid are both admirers of Pochettino and could be looking for new managers next summer.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ing-attention-tottenham-man-utd-chelsea-hold/

Thought he was the one for years.

But with where we are in our development as a club I now dont see it. Not that I dont like him as a coach because I do i think he is outstanding. But he is what Poch was when he came in. He would get young players with a point to prove to run through walls. But would Eriksen, Kane and co totally believe in him? I dont know.

His teams play really good football and I like that he tries to always sign good technical players he ticks all the boxes for me but I now wonder whether we would go for a bigger name when Poch leaves. It will be interesting what path we go down when the time comes.

I don't see Pochettino leaving just yet. He's a proud man at the helm of a pretty wonderful project and hasn't yet fulfilled his ambitions with Spurs.

When the time does eventually come - and it will - I think he'll want to leave with a sense of satisfaction at achieving tangible accomplishments which will only serve to heighten his value when he does move.

As for Howe, he'd do well to take himself to a bigger club than Bournemouth before moving to the Spurs job.

Has done a remarkable job! Would be an excellent replacement if we'd, chtulu forbid, ever need one.

Back