• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

2017_09_SamTheCobra_7685.jpg

2017_09_SamTheCobra_7680.jpg

2017_09_SamTheCobra_7234.jpg

https://www.presidentflipflops.com/shop/

All sold out.

In fairness to him on this wall he campaigned heavily on building one, was elected in based on things like this which is kind of like blocking things in the manifesto although US politics is very different. Most of the things he's doing are things he talked about heavily in the run up like trade wars, reducing foreign aid spending etc yet everyone acts surprised.

The odd thing is that no other candidate for 2020 (Republican or Democrat) has actually come up with any alternative policies that aren't just returning to the status quo.

In fairness to him on this wall he campaigned heavily on building one, was elected in based on things like this which is kind of like blocking things in the manifesto although US politics is very different. Most of the things he's doing are things he talked about heavily in the run up like trade wars, reducing foreign aid spending etc yet everyone acts surprised.

The odd thing is that no other candidate for 2020 (Republican or Democrat) has actually come up with any alternative policies that aren't just returning to the status quo.
He campaigned on Mexico building the wall, right? Actually, I don't think people are surprised he's tried to follow through with his election manifesto. It is more disgust or delight depending on which side of the fence you are on.

As for new policies not too many have declared on the Dem side yet so who knows what they will run on. Warren's schtick is anticorruption/lobbying etc. It sounds a bit tired but to be honest it is the root of all America's political problems. Pay enough and you make the policy.

I believe Trump's tenure has in some ways opened a lot of peoples eyes to the way their democracy has been eroded over the years and the extent of the growing inequality. There has been a steady progression into oligarchy long before Trump was on the scene and he is just culmination of this slide. I'm sure this will be a central plank for a lot of dem presidential candidates. The environment will be front and center too I imagine. Someone also needs to get a hold of the social media giants. They have way too much influence and it has been shown is a perfect wedge to divide a country. Single payer has traction. Prison reform. You don't have to dig too deep to see that there is plenty of new stuff on democratic agendas. I don't think the US will see a return to the old state of affairs.

Not to get into a whole thing here, but he 'talked heavily' about Mexico paying for his stupid fudging wall. Not shutting down the government for as long as it takes and demanding that tax payers pay.

Not to get into a whole thing here, but he 'talked heavily' about Mexico paying for his stupid fudging wall. Not shutting down the government for as long as it takes and demanding that tax payers pay.
And that is ignoring even if it could be built (which it can't) it will not stop migration into the US anyway. Most of this comes through legitimate ports of entry. The wall is and always was just the magician's distraction for the gullible masses.

And that is ignoring even if it could be built (which it can't) it will not stop migration into the US anyway. Most of this comes through legitimate ports of entry. The wall is and always was just the magician's distraction for the gullible masses.

He wants it because he likes building big shiny tangible things that he can leave his name on, even if they end up a crumbling, unfinished, ineffective mess.

He wants it because he likes building big shiny tangible things that he can leave his name on, even if they end up a crumbling, unfinished, ineffective mess.
Well, he does like that, but I think drawing people into arguing and talking about the stupid wall means their focus is less on what it should be. Trump's playbook is to have a divisive scandal front and centre at all times to draw the conversation that way. It keeps his base happy too I guess but the real story is not the wall. It is the ongoing efforts to divide the country and weaken its global influence.

Last edited:

I met a traveller from an antique land,
Who said—“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. . . . Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedal stool, these words appear:
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.”

He campaigned on Mexico building the wall, right? Actually, I don't think people are surprised he's tried to follow through with his election manifesto. It is more disgust or delight depending on which side of the fence you are on.

As for new policies not too many have declared on the Dem side yet so who knows what they will run on. Warren's schtick is anticorruption/lobbying etc. It sounds a bit tired but to be honest it is the root of all America's political problems. Pay enough and you make the policy.

I believe Trump's tenure has in some ways opened a lot of peoples eyes to the way their democracy has been eroded over the years and the extent of the growing inequality. There has been a steady progression into oligarchy long before Trump was on the scene and he is just culmination of this slide. I'm sure this will be a central plank for a lot of dem presidential candidates. The environment will be front and center too I imagine. Someone also needs to get a hold of the social media giants. They have way too much influence and it has been shown is a perfect wedge to divide a country. Single payer has traction. Prison reform. You don't have to dig too deep to see that there is plenty of new stuff on democratic agendas. I don't think the US will see a return to the old state of affairs.

He did yes, latest idiot claim is that they are paying for it indirectly due to the new NAFTA agreement.

I don't know enough about Warren but from what I've read she doesn't have mass appeal and lacks the inspiration of someone like Sanders. She also used to be a Republican which I think will count against her.

I'd like to see Sanders run again though he is getting on a bit.

But if Trump can get a deal done with China and a few other things I think you'll see the US economy improve quite a bit and he probably has an outside chance of getting in again.

Reports have surfaced that Trump's been given instruction (from the shadowy scum really running the country) to keep focusing on 'the wall' so he remembers to push the anti-immigration agenda.

Couldn't make it up, they've got a three year old puppet as president.

I suspect we are about to see Trump in full on dictator mode tonight. Declaring a national emergency for a made up border crisis. .

Last edited:
Back