• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Any odds on when the next civil war in the USA will break out?

Thing is though, America is a country of turkeys voting for Christmas because the farmer says it's good for the economy.

Maybe when the democrats eventually win Texas due to changing demographics, but the GOP will gerrymander and suppress like never before to prevent that.

There is some world class voter suppression going on, things are going to get better worse, Trump will probably get another 4 years.

Thing is though, America is a country of turkeys voting for Christmas because the farmer says it's good for the economy.

Maybe when the democrats eventually win Texas due to changing demographics, but the GOP will gerrymander and suppress like never before to prevent that.
O'Rourke is in with a slim chance against Cruz from what I am reading.

How unlikeable is Cruz though? He has a face you just want to punch.

O'Rourke is in with a slim chance against Cruz from what I am reading.

How unlikeable is Cruz though? He has a face you just want to punch.

It's not particularly likely. This Kavanaugh business has really got the GOP base fired up.

It's not particularly likely. This Kavanaugh business has really got the GOP base fired up.
Thankfully that base is way smaller than the base of people who aren't racist, misogynist, homophobic, xenophobic nutters. The Dems have to get out the vote and ensure that the Repube efforts to kick people of colour off the voter rolls fail.

Foreign policy is really very simple

Trump reiterated his standard foreign policy views: China is bad, the EU treats the US like chumps, Trump will stick with Nato as long as other countries pay more towards it, Russia might have meddled in the US election but they’re not that bad, and he has “great chemistry” with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.

Trump accepted that Vladimir Putin was “probably” involved in assassinations and poisonings. As for Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election, Trump said he believed they meddled, but China meddled, too. “And I think, frankly, China is a bigger problem,” said the president.

Trump, the great interrupter

The tone of the interview was often tense, with Trump telling Stahl at one point “I’m president and you’re not”. While Trump was not as openly hostile to Stahl as he has been to some other journalists, he rarely let her get out a full question, before jumping in to begin his answer or contradict her, meaning the transcript makes for fairly choppy reading.

His biggest regret

Finally, the president revealed his capacity for self-reflection and humility when Stahl asked him if there was anything he wished he hadn’t said or done in his almost two years in office.

One regret sprang quickly to mind: the press’s treatment of him.

“So when I won the presidency – the press treats me terribly – I thought very strongly that, you know, the one great thing will happen is the press will start treating me great. Lesley, they treat me worse. They got worse instead of better. Very dishonest.”

Stahl pressed: but is there anything you regret?

I regret that the press treats me so badly,” he said.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/15/donald-trumps-60-minutes-interview-eight-takeaways

So; when Trump and Putin are done destroying democracy, what will replace it? Anarchy? Despotism?

Back