• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Local paper the Arizona Republic calls it "brutal, but not unexpected". Mr Gosar made headlines after the violent neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, in August 2017, by suggesting it was planned by "the Left" to undermine Donald Trump. He then branded Democratic Party donor George Soros a Nazi collaborator in an interview with Vice News.

Horrified, seven of his siblings signed an open letter to the Kingman Daily Miner, stating: "It is extremely upsetting to have to call you out on this, Paul, but you've forced our hand with your deceit and anti-Semitic dog whistle."

Paul Gosar's other controversies include boycotting a 2015 speech to Congress by Pope Francis. He criticised the pontiff's support for climate change, calling it "questionable science" deployed "to guilt people into leftist policies".

He has also defended British far-right activist Tommy Robinson, and attacked "disgusting and depraved" Muslim immigrants at a speech in London in July.

Further anti-Gosar adverts set to air on TV soon include one titled "A family defends its honor," where David Gosar says: "We've got to stand up for our good name, this is not who we are."

"It would be difficult to see my brother as anything but a racist," Grace Gosar says in another, according to the Phoenix New Times.

The Republican, who won his district with 71% of the vote in 2016, is still considered likely to keep the seat he has held since 2011.

If there is a bright side for Mr Gosar, it's that he is one of 10 siblings. While seven have denounced him in public, two are keeping their silence so far - which might make Christmas fractionally less awkward.

His mother has also vocally supported his leadership and politics, leading him to quip: "I guess I really am Mom's favourite"

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45611403

To make the long story short, the president attacked both the women who have accused Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault of being part of a “con” orchestrated by Democrats. Emily Stewart nicely summarizes the presidential take:

Trump repeated the “con” claim multiple times and grew angrier as he spoke. “Thirty-six years ago? Nobody ever knew about it? Nobody ever heard about it? And now a new charge comes up,” Trump said. He said to “take a look at the lawyers” who “are the same lawyers who have been fighting for years” and worried that no one will want to go before “this system” to be a judge or politician in the current environment.

He seems to have been thinking of his own experience with accusations of abuse — not an uncommon phenomenon with Trump, to be sure, but one that indicates why he is taking Kavanaugh’s plight so personally:

“I can tell you that false accusation and false accusations of all types are made against a lot of people,” Trump, who himself has been accused of sexual misconduct by more than a dozen women, said. “This is a high-quality person, and it would be a horrible insult to our country if this doesn’t happen. And it’ll be a horrible, horrible thing for future political people, judges, anything you want, it’ll be a horrible thing. It cannot be allowed to happen.”

As Stewart notes, just a week ago Trump was careful to say that Ford deserved a hearing for her allegations. Now “the wheels are off the bus for the president,” and he’s dripping with contempt that the veracity of this obscure woman Deborah Ramirez should be compared to that of a “high-quality person” like Kavanaugh:

“The second accuser has nothing. The second accuser doesn’t even know, she thinks maybe it could have been him, maybe not. She admits that she was drunk, she admits time lapses,” Trump said when asked whether Ramirez should be invited to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday, as Ford and Kavanaugh have been.

He continued, exasperated, “This is a person, and this is a series of statements, that’s going to take one of the most talented, one of the greatest intellects, from a judicial standpoint in our country, going to keep him off the United States Supreme Court?”

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...himself-from-sliming-kavanaughs-accusers.html

Looks like Trump inadvertently started a new movement. #whyididntreportit

I can’t access Twitter at the moment, making it difficult to follow some of the conversations/news in threads across the whole forum.
But the absence of twitter makes reading this Trump thread nigh on impossible!

I can’t access Twitter at the moment, making it difficult to follow some of the conversations/news in threads across the whole forum.
You get banned for repeatedly telling the McCanns they killed their own daughter too?

I can summarise it for you:

Yellow lunatic with massive inferiority complex and tiny hands is consistently inconsistent, giving increasingly insane statements and allegations, insulting women, media, immigrants, public institutions and democrats in the process. Oh and he's the president of USA.

I can summarise it for you:

Yellow lunatic with massive inferiority complex and tiny hands is consistently inconsistent, giving increasingly insane statements and allegations, insulting women, media, immigrants, public institutions and democrats in the process. Oh and he's the president of USA.

Cheers. So I’ve not missed anything then! Same old same old...

Mr Kennedy is a clam. He went for the religious card right at the death.

(Sorry for using that word as I reserve it for special occasions, mostly religious by coincidence)

Back