• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

How many times has he gone bankrupt?

He is the worse sort of billionaire he did not run a company doing something that made the world a better place, he borrowed money from banks to build big buildings with dodgy deals on the side.

I often say one of the things that would stop a Trump getting in in this country is that he would be banned from running for public office because of his financial history.

You don't become a billionaire by helping people.

If he's loaded the Supreme Court, where can a challenge be taken?
The SC might be the final decision maker but I don't see it ever getting that far.

One of the strongest arguments for the self-pardon is that the whole point of the pardon is separation of powers between the executive branch and the courts. The argument goes that the pardon is needed to overrule the decision of the courts (and that's how it's used in practice), meaning that the SC ruling on the scope of a pardon would be unconstitutional.

I-dont-believe-you.gif

The SC might be the final decision maker but I don't see it ever getting that far.

One of the strongest arguments for the self-pardon is that the whole point of the pardon is separation of powers between the executive branch and the courts. The argument goes that the pardon is needed to overrule the decision of the courts (and that's how it's used in practice), meaning that the SC ruling on the scope of a pardon would be unconstitutional.

Agreed. He's spoken about it which feels like preparing the ground. He's also repeatedly tried to undermine the investigation. I get the feeling that his hardcore supporters have bought his line (but from what I see online I do not know who are genuine supporters and who are bots) what I do not know is how swing voters would react.

From what I understand, there cannot be Presidential pardons for state charges. I doubt that they would charge Trump at a state level but putting some of his people on state charges would put them beyond Trump and ensure that it got to trial.

Agreed. He's spoken about it which feels like preparing the ground. He's also repeatedly tried to undermine the investigation. I get the feeling that his hardcore supporters have bought his line (but from what I see online I do not know who are genuine supporters and who are bots) what I do not know is how swing voters would react.

From what I understand, there cannot be Presidential pardons for state charges. I doubt that they would charge Trump at a state level but putting some of his people on state charges would put them beyond Trump and ensure that it got to trial.

It would also put them beyond Trump firing Mueller

Trump - ‘We are putting America first but you have to put your country first, and other people have to put their country first.’

Morgan - ‘The sceptic in me would say: ‘What is the incentive for America to do a great deal with the United Kingdom?”

Trump - ‘We would make a great deal with the United Kingdom because they have product that we like. I mean they have a lot of great product. They make phenomenal things, you know, and you have different names - you can say “England”, you can say “UK”, you can say “United Kingdom” so many different - you know you have, you have so many different names - Great Britain. I always say: “Which one do you prefer? Great Britain? You understand what I’m saying?’

Morgan - ‘You know Great Britain and the United Kingdom aren’t exactly the same thing?’

Trump - ‘Right, yeah. You know I know, but a lot of people don’t know that. But you have lots of different names. The fact is you make great product, you make great things. Even your farm product is so fantastic.’

Back