• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

DfnWRI3UEAEcCQf.jpg

Well if he boasts American jobs and exports, builds the wall and cools down tensions with North Korea he will have done what he set out to do.

I dont like the guy and am pleased that in the UK someone who has been made bankrupt would never get to that position but the is an interesting take to someone who gets things done.

What I hope we learn from Trump and his term in the white house is that the public want to see things actually get done. Would be nice if it could be with a president who was not a racist, sexist homophobic macaron with severe intelligence problems.

I kind of support him on the whole tariff thing, i mean we either have no tariffs what so ever at all ever or each country does it to suit its own needs right? not sure why the French and Germans can complain about that considering how they treat African farmers the racist pieces of sh*t.
What he is getting done is lining his own pockets. Everthing else is just a means to that end for him.

Well if he boasts American jobs and exports, builds the wall and cools down tensions with North Korea he will have done what he set out to do.

I dont like the guy and am pleased that in the UK someone who has been made bankrupt would never get to that position but the is an interesting take to someone who gets things done.

What I hope we learn from Trump and his term in the white house is that the public want to see things actually get done. Would be nice if it could be with a president who was not a racist, sexist homophobic macaron with severe intelligence problems.

I kind of support him on the whole tariff thing, i mean we either have no tariffs what so ever at all ever or each country does it to suit its own needs right? not sure why the French and Germans can complain about that considering how they treat African farmers the racist pieces of sh*t.
What has he done? If you break it down he hasn't done jack brick! WP did a list of things he said he'd do, and what he has actually achieved. It was a short list to put it mildly!

What he is getting done is lining his own pockets. Everthing else is just a means to that end for him.

Yes I agree he is doing it for his own benefit and I would put good money on it that he will make money out of the presidency. But if he increases manufacturing and jobs in America then he will done what he said he will do. Same with building the wall(something i dont agree with) and calming the situation with North Korea which I imagine is more to do with the diplomats.

I have been heavily critical of him in this thread, but it is only right to acknowledge when he has done things that he said he would. It is not enough to cover his racism, his lies and his sexist and frankly "rapey" behaviour(grabbing womens genitals) he has done and said a lot wrong. But on some issues he is following through on what he said he would do.

The interesting thing will be if he runs again and what the American voting public do. To a degree lefties getting upset is nothing new, they always do when the is not a democrat in the White House, they always seem very vocal when they are losing.

Reactions: DTA
What has he done? If you break it down he hasn't done jack brick! WP did a list of things he said he'd do, and what he has actually achieved. It was a short list to put it mildly!

Well he is trying to bring manufacturing back to America through imposing tariffs on other countries, this is not something I agree with as I believe in complete free trade. But he is not seating around idly doing nothing, he is actually trying to get stuff done. I think instead of just constantly criticising him, the clever thing would be to look at his appeal and learn from it and see if you could capture some of the dynamism and repackage it without the stupid stuff.

It now looks like I am defending him and I really am not, he grabbed a womans vagina, he was on tape saying this. That means in my book he should actually be in prison, the is a long list of serious issues against the guy.

But if you let your hate for him become so consuming you will never understand why people voted for him or what the attraction to him was. Just coming out and saying something like well Americans are stupid and thats why they vote for him does not cut it.

Americans that voted for him from all the media I saw did so because they were worried about jobs and immigration. You could say that Robots pose a bigger threat to Americans then immigrants and would have a valid point, but he based a lot of his campaign on those issues and in government he has tried to address them.

We all thought we were going to be in world war 3 with his aggressive language towards North Korea, but it seems that actually the aggression on N.Korea's side was just about a shake down for money for disarmament.

I was taught at school in history classes we learn history to learn from history. Well we can learn different things from Trump and why despite everything thrown at him he is still popular in America in the places where people voted for him.

Do I want someone like Trump in the UK? fcuk no. I have no desire to see Britain great, I would like to see us be a kind, humble, decent and outward worldy looking country. My fear is in this country we are laying the ground with what is happening right now for a Trump or someone worse.

Yes I agree he is doing it for his own benefit and I would put good money on it that he will make money out of the presidency. But if he increases manufacturing and jobs in America then he will done what he said he will do. Same with building the wall(something i dont agree with) and calming the situation with North Korea which I imagine is more to do with the diplomats.

I have been heavily critical of him in this thread, but it is only right to acknowledge when he has done things that he said he would. It is not enough to cover his racism, his lies and his sexist and frankly "rapey" behaviour(grabbing womens genitals) he has done and said a lot wrong. But on some issues he is following through on what he said he would do.

The interesting thing will be if he runs again and what the American voting public do. To a degree lefties getting upset is nothing new, they always do when the is not a democrat in the White House, they always seem very vocal when they are losing.
I don't want to get into this too deep but the job figures were on a healthy trend before he took office and initially he was just riding that wave. Manfacturing jobs will not return to the states on any real scale, why would they, and in fact his trade war with Canada etc. could gut the already teetering American car industry as half the car is built in Canada anyway. Anyway it looks like that the job trend is now decreasing, probably as a result of his protectionist policies. I won't give him credit on this because it ignores the complete picture. The fact that jobs are at the lowest percentage in X number of years is nought to do with him.

The wall is a slogan, or a metaphor for stopping illegal immigration if you like. In reality it will never be built because of the practicalties to do with building a fudge off wall on land you don't own or can't build on anyway becuase it is unsuitable for walls! And that is ignoring the cost. Put this out of your consideration.

As for N. Korea, well that might be something to tip your hat at him for, but nothing really has happend yet but some photos ops. I will give him credit on this if he pulls it off.

The cost of his presidency goes far beyond these headline items though. The cost is in the actual human suffering he is causing, the damage that will take years to repair and with any presidency the missed oportunities. He is the incarnation of all that is wrong with where we are going as a species in my opinion. Bit dramatic? fudge it.

Last edited:
I don't want to get into this too deep but the job figures were on a healthy trend before he took office and initially he was just riding that wave. Manfacturing jobs will not return to the states on any real scale, why would they, and in fact his trade war with Canada etc. could gut the already teetering American car industry as half the car is built in Canada anyway. Anyway it looks like that the job trend is now decreasing, probably as a result of his protectionist policies. I won't give him credit on this because it ignores the complete picture. The fact that jobs are at the lowest percentage in X number of years is nought to do with him.

The wall is a slogan, or a metaphor for stopping illegal immigration if you like. In reality it will never be built because of the practicalties to do with building a fudge off wall on land you don't own or can't build on anyway. And that is ignoring the cost. Put this out of your considerations.

As for N. Korea, well that might be something to tip your hat at him for, but nothing really has happend yet but some photos ops. I will give him credit on this if he pulls it off.

The cost of his presidency goes far beyond these headline items though. The cost is in the actual human suffering he is causing, the damage that will take years to repair and with any presidency the missed oportunities. He is the incarnation of all that is wrong with where we are going as a species in my opinion. Bit dramatic? fudge it.

I totally agree with this bit.

Cant stand the man, but still think the are things you can learn from his political rise.

I totally agree with this bit.

Cant stand the man, but still think the are things you can learn from his political rise.
We can learn how absolutely fcuked the American political terrain is. And how the Citizens United Supreme Court ruling opened the doors for the Poch brothers and Mercers to spend billions of dollars to re-draw voting districts in favour or Republicans and purge the voter rolls of minority voters.

Yip. I’ve just realised in the last week that he is actually pretty good at it all, in that he is fooling a lot of the people all of the time. Nothing sticks to him and he really couldn’t give a brick.

A second term isn’t out of the question, which is unbelievable really. But then a first term was still unbelievable two years ago.
I think a second term is highly likely given the mess the Democratic party is in right now.

I think a second term is highly likely given the mess the Democratic party is in right now.

I agree. "anyone but Trump" isn't good enough. The only politician of theirs that has a real message is Bernie and the higher-ups in the party do everything they can to keep a lid on it. They'll try to rig the nomination so that someone like Kamala Harris is the candidate, as they'd rather lose with some corporate stooge than win with someone like Sanders. They've been rigging primaries to keep progressive candidates down and despite a bunch of spastics wearing those "pussy" hats and being a fake resistance, they are moving the party to the right.

They call Trump a madman, but most Democrats (as in their politicians) were happy to vote right along for more military spending, increasing the spying powers of the government and further de-regulation of Wall Street. They attack him for not bombing enough (Syria) or entering peace talks (North Korea), whilst blaming Russia for the failing of their own party so that they can put up another "more of the same" candidate.

One of the only good thing about having Trump as president is that he has the ugly face to fit the ugly policies. Obama put the nice face to it, but immigration wasn't massively kinder under his watch. IIRC, he got the nickname "the deporter in chief." At least with Trump and his stupid rhetoric, people start getting properly outraged. Now he's doing it on steroids, with added inhumanity.

Back