• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

the 2018 midterm elections will be the ultimate barometer of this Presidency, they don't do by-elections here so that'll tell us what they think of him.

the 2018 midterm elections will be the ultimate barometer of this Presidency, they don't do by-elections here so that'll tell us what they think of him.

What about the congressional election in Pennsylvania this week or the senate election in Alabama at the end of last year? They were by-elections in all but name.

Both were huge losses for the Republicans, like Labour winning Oxfordshire Snobside or the Conservatives winning Liverpool Downtrodden. The question is whether they are a sign of what is to become or misleading like most UK by-elections.

It is new. The personal data of millions of people, gathered illegally and used to try to influence a US election and a UK referdum is unprecedented.
What I mean is that targeting swing voters is not new, it is just the way they are able to identify who they are and get the message to them that has changed.

What I mean is that targeting swing voters is not new, it is just the way they are able to identify who they are and get the message to them that has changed.

That's true. The issue is that it was done illegally, on a massive scale and Facebook knew about it for at least two years and turned a blind eye to it.

That's true. The issue is that it was done illegally, on a massive scale and Facebook knew about it for at least two years and turned a blind eye to it.
It's a huge story and facebook really have a lot to answer for. Being in IT for a large portion of my career has taught me to guard my privacy fairly carefully and I tend to stay clear of facebook and twitter and the rest. However my digital footprint is everywhere and it would just take one hack in the wrong place to expose way more personal details than I want. If this story blows up how I think it will then I think we are going to see a lot more restrictions on our data than there are there now.

The mid-terms will be the ultimate barometer of whether the Republican party's decade long attempt at voter suppression and re-constricting (allied to Russian interference and vote tampering) have worked. His popularity is still at record lows.

The psychology of the threat is the weapon.
Didn't work for Stormy Daniels. Once that becomes public, everyone else will realise that these are completely unenforceable with a half-decent lawyer on side.

brick, I could probably litigate* my way out of a one-sided contract with First Amendment and public interest complications - let alone someone with a proper lawyer.

*I couldn't really - that would require passing the bar.

Didn't work for Stormy Daniels. Once that becomes public, everyone else will realise that these are completely unenforceable with a half-decent lawyer on side.

brick, I could probably litigate* my way out of a one-sided contract with First Amendment and public interest complications - let alone someone with a proper lawyer.

I think it's more a power thing.
Stormy had something salacious.
A white house staffer has a career to look after and a lot to lose.

Yeah, never pass the bar until the bell tolls

You mean you haven’t passed the bar in your spare evenings? Standards are slipping Sir...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Back