• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

The fascinating thing about most of the content in this thread is it's a perverse form of entertainment.

Trump wins because he's interesting. Those that hate, love to do so. The Nazis in that Vice piece are a minuscule minority, a couple hundred in a country of hundreds of millions. Vice TV will make a powerful report - and so they should - but it's all part of a new form of perverse online entertainment.

Politics has changed with online content. It's served to put an emphasis on tribal groups and sensation. Far far over and above the more mundane policies, research, and detail of effective governance. In fact the two are becoming completely separate despite all coming under the heading 'politics'.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Trumps approval rating is still at 34%, how can you approve of him unless you are also a white supremacist?

Large parts of that country are completely brainwashed into thinking Democrats are communists and will always support the Republican candidate no matter how much that party tries to fudge over the average Joe.

DHryptZU0AEDVV-.jpg

https://gop.com/rate-trump-job-perf...nc&utm_content=gop_surveys_button-poll-bottom

The Secret Service cannot pay hundreds of agents to protect President Donald Trump and his large family, according to a report published Monday morning.

Secret Service Director Randolph "Tex'' Alles told USA Today more than 1,000 agents have already hit the federally mandated caps for salary and overtime allowances -- which were meant to last the entire year.
"The president has a large family, and our responsibility is required in law,'' Alles told USA Today. "I can't change that. I have no flexibility.''

Trump has taken trips almost every weekend of his presidency so far, to his properties in New Jersey, Virginia and Florida, as well as internationally -- and his adult children also require protection during their business trips and vacations.

In Trump's administration, 42 people have protection, which includes 18 members of his family -- an increase from the 31 people who had Secret Service protection in Obama's administration.

In June, CNN reported that the Secret Service was relaxing its drug policy for potential hires, as Alles laid out a plan to swell the agency's ranks by more than 3,000 employees in the coming years.

"I think between that and the fact that he has a larger family, that's just more stress on the organization. We recognize that," Alles said at the time, and added that he had been allocating resources in accordance.

Alles has met with congressional lawmakers to discuss planned legislation to increase the combined salary and overtime cap for agents -- from $160,000 per year to $187,000. He told USA Today this would be at least for Trump's first term.

But he added that even if this were approved, about 130 agents still wouldn't be able to be paid for hundreds of hours already worked.

The Secret Service and the White House have not responded to CNN's requests for comment.

In April, CNN reported that Trump's travel to his private club in Florida has cost more than an estimated $20 million in his first 80 days in office, putting the President on pace to surpass former President Barack Obama's eight years of spending on travel -- in only his first year in office.

Before and during the campaign season, Trump regularly criticized Obama for costing the American taxpayer money every time he took a trip, and Trump the candidate repeatedly called for belt-tightening across government agencies.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/21/politics/secret-service-donald-trump-family/index.html

My 2p worth. If the Democrats put up Bernie Sanders for the next election (assuming he hasn't dropped dead by then) then they will win it easily. If they put up someone beloved by the big doners instead, Trump will win again.

My 2p worth. If the Democrats put up Bernie Sanders for the next election (assuming he hasn't dropped dead by then) then they will win it easily. If they put up someone beloved by the big doners instead, Trump will win again.

It's not looking very promising:

DH17jR6XoAAuFql.jpg

I don't think that's the case at all. Sanders is the reason the party is destroying itself from the inside.

A large proportion of Democrats would never vote for someone as left wing as Sanders - just look at how many stayed at home even against Trump.

What they need to do is put someone forward with politics similar to Clinton's who isn't a complete clam and they'll walk it.

I don't think that's the case at all. Sanders is the reason the party is destroying itself from the inside.

A large proportion of Democrats would never vote for someone as left wing as Sanders - just look at how many stayed at home even against Trump.

What they need to do is put someone forward with politics similar to Clinton's who isn't a complete clam and they'll walk it.

I don't agree with that at all. The reason the party is in disarray is because the leadership support big corporate doners and the base do not. The base support single-payer healthcare, free college tuition etc. but Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi etc. do not. People stayed at home because of Clinton, not Sanders.

If they put up another phoney candidate, they will lose again. And everyone will wonder why.

I don't agree with that at all. The reason the party is in disarray is because the leadership support big corporate doners and the base do not. The base support single-payer healthcare, free college tuition etc. but Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi etc. do not. People stayed at home because of Clinton, not Sanders.

If they put up another phoney candidate, they will lose again. And everyone will wonder why.
I don't think they should put forward another phoney, that was Clinton's problem.

They do need to put someone forward with an understanding if both politics and economics though. Sanders polls well with the shouty student vote, but Americans, on the whole, just don't think that way.

I don't think they should put forward another phoney, that was Clinton's problem.

They do need to put someone forward with an understanding if both politics and economics though. Sanders polls well with the shouty student vote, but Americans, on the whole, just don't think that way.

IIRC, Sanders is the most popular politician in America right now. Single-payer healthcare is his core issue and that is very popular (in polls) with the American public, I'll have to google it to give you numbers.

How is Elizabeth Warren viewed? Would she run?
She's clearly far brighter and more qualified than Sanders, but also takes most of her support from the very left of her own party.

A centrist (as in the centre of the Democrats, not the Overton Window), would walk past her.

Back