• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

That's all he ever talks about, it seems. Bragging about the electoral votes, how he is so much better than his predecessors, telling the world how huge things are and how tremendously his administration is going. That and fake news.

I'm all for a system where anyone can become president, but this whole Trump business makes me rethink that. He seems so ridiculously unfit for office - how the hell did he end up in the White house? It's as absurd as George Weah's "cousin" signing for Southampton (?) years ago.

I do wonder if republicans will increasingly turn on him though, becuse he surely can't be doing the party any good. 2017 will be interesting...

I think they're slowly circling above, watching him gradually depriving himself of oxygen, drifting ever further towards a move which will provide inevitable impeachment. The silence from his 'support', his 'team', is deafening. Has there ever ben a quieter (and more potentially malevolent) Veep than Pence? Gannon hasn't exactly backed 'the boss'...they knew what they were riding over the line and now they will let him burn himself to the ground...and if they see him on fire, and have water at the ready, they'll simply drink it.

Breitbart have turned on Bannon
Have they? I paid my one and only visit to Breitbart the other day and it seemed very pro-Trump, even the crazy crap he was saying in that press conference. I don't really want to visit the site again though in case I start seeing google ads for snappy white robes/pointed hats combos or Ivanka trumps clothing line. I'm already see ads for Russian brides :eek:

Last edited:
Have they? I paid my one and only visit to Breitbart the other day and it seemed very pro-Trump, even the crazy crap he was saying in that press conference. I don't really want to visit the site again though in case I start seeing google ads for snappy white robes/pointed hats combos or Ivanka trumps clothing line. I'm already see ads for Russian brides :eek:

I cannot say that I am a regular visitor. I will try and dig out the critical article.

Too be honest the reach of sites like Breitbart is pretty limited. Their readership must be largely limited to committed hard right, racists. I suspect that most GOP Senators and members of Congress wouldn't be too bothered about what they say (the White House might feel different with several ex-staffers on the paybill) but I think that they might start distancing themselves from Trump is Fox turns on him.

I think they're slowly circling above, watching him gradually depriving himself of oxygen, drifting ever further towards a move which will provide inevitable impeachment. The silence from his 'support', his 'team', is deafening. Has there ever ben a quieter (and more potentially malevolent) Veep than Pence? Gannon hasn't exactly backed 'the boss'...they knew what they were riding over the line and now they will let him burn himself to the ground...and if they see him on fire, and have water at the ready, they'll simply drink it.

Agreed. He's been noticeably silent on most of the controversies so far. The issue that could do for Pence is how far he is also implicated in the links to the Russians. Maybe the Flynn lying story is an attempt to erect a firewall between Pence and the President.

Is that always the case with intelligence sources?

I'm sure I've seen plenty of anonymous quotes on that kind of subject through history.

It's not always the case but it is certainly not unusual for intelligence sources to not be directly quoted. I think that the weight of evidence is that there were links between the Trump campaign and the Russian government during the campaign and the Russians intelligence interfered in the election to help Trump get elected.

Strange times indeed. This in today's Guardian on Mensch's role in exposing this where she talks about some of her sources without naming them.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/17/louise-mensch-trump-russia-ties-media-scoop

It's not always the case but it is certainly not unusual for intelligence sources to not be directly quoted. I think that the weight of evidence is that there were links between the Trump campaign and the Russian government during the campaign and the Russians intelligence interfered in the election to help Trump get elected.

Strange times indeed. This in today's Guardian on Mensch's role in exposing this where she talks about some of her sources without naming them.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/17/louise-mensch-trump-russia-ties-media-scoop
I don't doubt it's true, I just think that with Trump's attitude towards the media they need to be watertight and I don't think that article was.

Trump is just doing what Putin has been doing for many years, sowing seeds of doubts and confusion.
After the Trump team have finished the US people, they will not know which way is up!

Last edited:
I don't doubt it's true, I just think that with Trump's attitude towards the media they need to be watertight and I don't think that article was.

I think that this is going to take a while and the narrative will build over time. It has been a frantic first month and things have escalated very quickly but I think that it is going to take journalists a while to find the smoking gun. The thing that would speed this up is if the GOP decide that he is a liability and there is a Congressional hearing into the Russian links.

The mullahs in Iran are awful, terrible. However, IF you know your history, you will see EXACTLY how they came to power in modern Iran, and it revolves SQUARELY around the interference (regime changes twice over three decades) initiated and performed by the US with British complicity.

Your other major error here, is assuming that fundamentalist Islam is representative of all Islam. It clearly isn't, otherwise the world would be over. It remains a small minority, a mad faction who I think ALL of us agree are dangerous and highly undesirable. The important thing is not to get into generalization. We are edging into a previous conversation we had, but it is vital not to alienate people. FWIW not only am I not Muslim, I'm not anything, I respect everyone's right to believe what they wish as long as they don't bother me. I do, however, I reserve deep disregard for 'creationists' (none of whom have ben able to explain why ol' beardy created the Duckbilled Platypus on the 8th Day).

Disgusted by this. Duckbilled Platypus are people too

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Again gossip, she's exposed nothing.
Plenty of allegations, no proof.

Again gossip, she's exposed nothing.
Plenty of allegations, no proof.

As I said, I think that it is going to take a while for credited sources to come out.

We have a very similar story coming from a wide variety of sources. It seems abundantly clear that the Russian government is trying to interfere with western elections and that Trump was a beneficiary of that. It also seems clear that there are links between Trump and his associates and the Russian government going back decades. Who has been in contact with who and what Trump knew and when are the questions that need to be answered.

Last edited:
As I said, I think that it is going to take a while for credited sources to come out.

We have a very similar story coming from a wide variety of sources. It seems abundantly clear that the Russian government is trying to interfere with western elections and that Trump was a beneficiary of that. It also seems clear that there are links between Trump and his associates and the Russian government going back decades. Who has been in contact with who and what Trump knew and when are the questions that need to be answered.

Back