• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Just watched a t.v. show on him, I am smart enough to know that the show was only shown from one point of view but oh my GHod that guy is mental.

Americans on here, please do not vote for the man he is bat brick crazy.

There's no way that even those dumbfcuks will vote a republican in.
There's no way even the Republicans will vote for him.

Currently the vote is split 4 ways, but that will reduce to 2 over time. As those other "not Trump" candidates drop out, "not Trump" votes won't go to Trump, they'll go to just about any other "not Trump" candidate.

We're talking Americans here !!!

Yeah. They re-elected Bush Jr. RE-ELECTED!

There's no way even the Republicans will vote for him.

Currently the vote is split 4 ways, but that will reduce to 2 over time. As those other "not Trump" candidates drop out, "not Trump" votes won't go to Trump, they'll go to just about any other "not Trump" candidate.

How confident are you that Trump will not be the republican candidate?

How confident are you that Trump will not be the republican candidate?
As confident as I can be on the basis that I'm relying on the expert opinion of others.

An article I was recently reading was all about how flameproof Trump is. He has a base that will pretty much vote for him no matter what he says or does - that means that anyone attacking him can only lose votes, not gain them. For that reason, nobody is attacking him properly from within the Republican party. That will change when it's down to two candidates.

By this point, pretty much anyone who is going to vote for someone like Trump is already going to - there's very little Trump can do to win new voters amongst Republicans. So as other candidates drop out, their votes should (obviously just theory) go anywhere but to Trump. The only thing that will stop that is stubborn candidates refusing to drop out early, but there's at least one that drops due to having no hope and another will probably take a deal from the other "not Trump" candidate.

Of course, that all goes out the window if there's another attack from Muslamic Infidels. In that case, I'd expect him to walk a win - possibly into the White House.

Surely the president is just the dumb idiot who takes the bullet, and it's the people behind him who run the country.
To an extent, yes. But the President can hire/fire those others and can also choose not to listen to them (although few apparently do that).

I am no political expert here and its not to say that this is my view but I have a question.....

...If his policy or patter appeals to a large number of the US voting population, or at least in some states, isn't that a sign that he should be allowed to run as that is what politics is all about? Isn't that saying that a large number of Americans do not get a good deal out of what is seen as clean politics?

Someone made a good last night about the poorest of the population being made poorer because of the job situation created by ever lowering salaries whilst the rich get richer...

He certainly doesn't mince his words or seem to give much of a toss about how he's perceived - something quite refreshing about that in politics.

Of course he's also stark raving mad but hey you can't have it all :p

As confident as I can be on the basis that I'm relying on the expert opinion of others.

An article I was recently reading was all about how flameproof Trump is. He has a base that will pretty much vote for him no matter what he says or does - that means that anyone attacking him can only lose votes, not gain them. For that reason, nobody is attacking him properly from within the Republican party. That will change when it's down to two candidates.

By this point, pretty much anyone who is going to vote for someone like Trump is already going to - there's very little Trump can do to win new voters amongst Republicans. So as other candidates drop out, their votes should (obviously just theory) go anywhere but to Trump. The only thing that will stop that is stubborn candidates refusing to drop out early, but there's at least one that drops due to having no hope and another will probably take a deal from the other "not Trump" candidate.

Of course, that all goes out the window if there's another attack from Muslamic Infidels. In that case, I'd expect him to walk a win - possibly into the White House.

Cheers. Interesting way of looking at it at least (I'm not really up on political analysis like this).

Do you think that's a bit of a consensus opinion of several experts in the field? Or more one person's opinion? Has this happened before? Or is Trump a special enough case that they are making assumptions and thus being a bit more speculative?

My gut feeling is that saying that there's very little Trump can do to win new voters from the Republicans seems a bit like guesswork. I know he's an outsider, but as we've seen in the past with the tea-party movement fairly extreme views can gain a lot of traction in that political climate. Although probably quite a few Republicans can't stand Trump some of the other candidates that will be left after some drop out aren't exactly top class candidates either.

Is Donald Trump the Leicester of American Politics? What would be the biggest shock? Leicester winning the league or Trump becoming president?

Pretty sure that furry alien slug creature on his head is controlling him.

In all seriousness though, there is a real fear among moderate Republicans that he will be nominated as their candidate - based on what I've been reading. They know he hasn't a hope in hell of being elected nationally (unless photos of Hilary Clinton murdering toddlers get published in October), but the primaries are far less predictable and a lot of pundits are thinking that the kind of Republicans who will turn out to vote in the primaries this year will be precisely those with the biggest axe to grind against the establishment, and therefore the most likely to vote for a lunatic outsider like Trump. It's really not beyond the realm of possibility that he'll get the nomination.

My gut feeling is that saying that there's very little Trump can do to win new voters from the Republicans seems a bit like guesswork. I know he's an outsider, but as we've seen in the past with the tea-party movement fairly extreme views can gain a lot of traction in that political climate.

Apparently his negative rating in the republican part is higher than his positive so once the voting goes 1 v 1 he will lose...

I think we need some hard line idiots in charge. Maybe it will stop other pussy footing around. Europe is a mess and Americans can see whats coming.

Every president is the same and the world is getting worse. If we keep doing what we are doing the same results will keep happening.

Back